Last Call 2012 Workout

by Courtney on December 31, 2012

Geez…I feel like workouts are becoming few and far between around here these days! If you’re one of the readers who comes to STSL solely for the workouts well, then, I’ve been failing you miserably lately. Sorry about that.

How about I make it up to you all though, with one last workout to try out for 2012? It’s a fun one, I promise!

Last Call 2012 Workout

This is actually a workout that I’ve given to a few of my online training clients, but it was one of my favorites so I thought I’d go ahead and share it with all of you today, as this month’s GNC workout.

The workout is made up of supersets – one exercise is an active exercise, while the other is a static (hold) exercise, thus giving you even more of that muscle burn we all know and love.

I know that I usually try to give you all some visuals to go along with the exercises, but I didn’t get a chance today. Most of the exercises should be pretty self-explanatory, but there were a few that I thought could be questionable, so here’s a few links to check those out.

If anyone decides to give it a shot, let me know! Like I said, it’s one of my favorites. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR’S EEEEEEVE, everyone! Be safe out there!!

1 Linz @ Itz Linz December 31, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Ohhh I love superset workouts!! I like your idea of active/static!! May have to give this one a try!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..NatureBox Giveaway

2 michelle kim December 31, 2012 at 1:51 pm

OH EM GEEE… I totally forgot to put my workouts/reps in! I hope there is still time :D
Have a fun NYE ;)
michelle kim recently posted..Las Vegas and L.A. Eats

3 Marielle December 31, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Oh yay, I love this! I’ll try it today!
Marielle recently posted..Christmas Recap

4 Michelle@Peachy Palate December 31, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I’m enjoying the variety of posts but always love a new workout….loving all the new pregnancy insight too though of course!!! Happy New Year missus! And one more time…CONGRATULATIONS!! :) x
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Have determination

5 Ellie@Fit for the Soul December 31, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Really slow movement exercises are so great sometimes! It’s a nice change up from the explosive stuff because you get to focus on every tiny muscle fiber. :)
Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..Amazing Apple Chicken Waldorf Recipe+ Product Review

6 Alex Katzen December 31, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Love your blog, especially the title! :) I have definitely been slacking on my workouts over the holidays. Have a great New Year’s Eve!
Alex Katzen recently posted..New Year New Resolutions?

7 Lisa December 31, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Oh yay, supersets are my favorite! I have a hard time strength training on my own since I find it boring, but supersets make it go by about a billion times faster.
Lisa recently posted..Pre New Years Things

8 dee December 31, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Ah! I didn’t think it’d be this tough! Wow, I was definitely feeling the burn even in the first superset. This was so much fun! Thanks for sharing! Now I’m ready for that New Year’s Eve party!

9 Brooke @ Running In Heels December 31, 2012 at 3:18 pm

LOVE this workout!! Definitely will be doing this one tomorrow. Thanks!!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..New Years Resolution Kick-off Treadmill Workout

10 Kristen @ notsodomesticated December 31, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Happy New Year’s Eve! You’ll be spending it like me … without alcohol haha! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Pregnancy Update: Weeks 25 and 26

11 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles December 31, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Love supersets! More work in less time…can’t beat that!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..The Non-Workout Workout Plan.

12 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well December 31, 2012 at 4:48 pm

I can already feel the Super Slow Squats hurting….haha, it looks like a great workout, I’ll definitely give it a try tomorrow morning!
Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well recently posted..Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles

13 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills December 31, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Definitely will be starting out 2013 with this workout!
Danielle @ Truffles n’ Treadmills recently posted..Cascadian Farm’s Granola Review

14 Karen @ Runner Girl Eats December 31, 2012 at 5:34 pm

I am a big fan of static exercises so I will be trying this tomorrow. Happy New Year!
Karen @ Runner Girl Eats recently posted..Final run of the year

15 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes December 31, 2012 at 5:53 pm

You are more than excused for not having workouts to share! You have something taking all of your extra energy! So worth it :-)
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..New Year’s Resolutions.

16 purelytwins December 31, 2012 at 5:55 pm

slowly getting into doing more supersets when we lift weights and loving it!
this workout sounds great!
wishing you a wonderful new years eve!!
xoxo

17 Katie @ Skinny Minnie Moves December 31, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I love to workout, obviously, my blog is my life with workouts lol. I’m glad to see you are posting workouts again! Yipeeeeee
Katie @ Skinny Minnie Moves recently posted..New Years Rockin’ Eve!

18 Brittany Peters January 1, 2013 at 12:18 am

Thanks for sharing this! I will have to use this after New Years :)
Brittany Peters recently posted..Chocolate Chip Cake Batter Cookies

19 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers January 1, 2013 at 11:14 am

Great workout! I just did my cardio, so I’ll save this workout for the afternoon! Happy New Years!!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Happy New Years!!

20 Julie January 1, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Looks like a great workout! I love the active/static combo!
Julie recently posted..Upper or Lower: Your Choice

21 Bek @ Crave January 2, 2013 at 12:15 am

I ended my 2012 with two body step workouts!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..2013 Resolutions & Goals