Couldn’t Say No

by Courtney on February 6, 2013

Howdyyyyyyy. How’s Wednesday treating you so far??

With the exception of a car accident this had traffic majorly backed up this morning on my way in to work, it’s been a pretty good day for me, so I can’t complain. By the time I did make it in to work, I was more than ready to dig into my breakfast that I brought with me. The original plan was a Chobani with some strawberries, blueberries, and granola, but shortly after making my entrance into the office, I was greeted with lots and lots of fresh Bruegger’s bagels.

This has not been out of the ordinary, as it seems like there’s food for one reason or another quite often. And although I’d resisted in the past, this morning I just couldn’t say no.

But really, it worked out perfectly. I had my peanut butter in the desk, my pumpkin cream cheese in the fridge, and a banana that I brought with me for a snack. Then, when I say a fresh multigrain bagel sitting right on top of the bag, I just had to have it. What can I say…just call me the carb queen. ;)

That amazing combo kept me full all morning long, plus I was fairly busy, so by about 1:00pm, I was ready for lunch. I thought about just having my original planned breakfast for lunch, but ultimately decided to go with the lunch I brought.

I actually had this same combo for dinner last night and had planned ahead to have leftovers for today. I had roasted a spaghetti squash, and topped it with a sliced, roasted garlic chicken sausage, marinara sauce, and some parmesan cheese. Part of the reason it looks so messy? Well, that would be because I dropped my container as I was taking it out of the fridge…thank goodness the lid was still on. I would have predicted tears had it not have been.

On another note, I can’t thank you all enough for all of your awesome feedback on yesterday’s foundation post! This afternoon, on my lunch hour, I stopped in quick to Target to make a purchase, and after seeing so many rave reviews, I decided to give the Revlon ColorStay foundation a try.

Man, I’ll tell ya though…it’s one thing to narrow down to at least a brand. But then to have to actually try and find your shade? Oooof. That’s a whole different beast.

After trying a few different shades along my jawline (I must have looked hilarious all afternoon long) I decided to go with the Fresh Beige shade. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow what the verdict is…I’ll let you know!

Plans for the rest of the evening tonight include a workout and a no-fuss dinner. Not quite sure what that entails, but I’ll figure that out when the time comes. :)

1 Sana February 6, 2013 at 4:04 pm

I am terrible at picking out what color works best with my skin, I usually go to Ulta or Sephora and have someone help me pick!

2 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries February 6, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Mmm I’ve been all about the carbs lately too! I feel ya on the make up color thing… It’s always so overwhelming trying to find the right shade. After reading all of the comments on your post yesterday, I think I’m going to try out the Revlon ColorStay after I finish up my current foundation bottle. Let us know how you like it! ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Q & A: Cody and Our Marriage

3 Linda February 6, 2013 at 4:07 pm

I stopped using foundation. Actually, my entire skin regime changed drastically and my skin has never looked better. Dandruff shampoo (recommended by a dermatologist) make sure it as salicylic acid in it) and Oil of Olay or Pond’s Cold Cream and drink lots of water.

I use loose powder if I am making up.

As lovely as your skin is I don’t know why you are even using foundation!
Linda recently posted..We Now Return to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming…….

4 Courtney February 6, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Haha, Linda…this baby in there is doing a number on my skin!!

5 Linda February 6, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Oh that…… man wait until it’s a Teen Aged Tooth LOL

Really, try what I put up for two weeks and let me know – it truly helps!
Linda recently posted..We Now Return to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming…….

6 Erin @ The Grass Skirte February 6, 2013 at 4:09 pm

FYI- if the foundation doesn’t end up matching your skin, most drugstores now have amazing return policies on cosmetics. ;)
Erin @ The Grass Skirte recently posted..My current morning skincare routine

7 Courtney February 6, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Even Target too? They have pretty much the worst return policy EVER lol

8 Erin @ The Grass Skirt February 6, 2013 at 4:17 pm

They are super annoying about returning products for sure! I did return a foundation there once though because it didn’t work, and they gave me store credit…which is better than nothing I guess. :) CVS has the best return policy as far as makeup- in my experience anyway.
Erin @ The Grass Skirt recently posted..My current morning skincare routine

9 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes February 6, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Hahaha I laughed at the thought of you having several shades on foundation on! Have a great workout and dinner! I also am at a loss of what to make… Super Bowl leftovers again and my husband might divorce me.
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Embarrassing selfies and dinner reminiscing

10 Shel@PeachyPalate February 6, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Looks like a nice light colour – I’m as white as Casper and find it hard to find light colours so I’d need one even lighter but would be interested to hear how you find it! What type of skin do you have in terms of would you be spot prone, combination or dry and what not!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Stress head

11 Courtney February 6, 2013 at 4:13 pm

I’ve always had fairly sensitive skin, but I’m finding it seems to be changing now since the babe arrived in the belly ;)

12 Allison February 6, 2013 at 4:16 pm

I think that bagel looks to be just about the most perfect breakfast ever. I have yet to make spaghetti squash…you always make me want to though! One of these days.
Allison recently posted..Workout Wednesday!

13 Olivia @ Liv Lives Life February 6, 2013 at 4:17 pm

I think it might be illegal to say no to bagels. Just sayin’. ;-)
Olivia @ Liv Lives Life recently posted..WIAW #33

14 Marielle February 6, 2013 at 4:21 pm

So funny, I was running late to work this AM and was starving when I made it to work….but someone had bought a huge bag of bagels :) perfect!

15 Lindsay February 6, 2013 at 4:55 pm

I’m so bad with makeup products. The only ones I care about are mascara and makeup remover wipes! I don’t know what to do with 90% of the products out there. Eeek!
Lindsay recently posted..blogger appreciation day, and what i’ve learned from you.

16 Brooke @ Running In Heels February 6, 2013 at 5:09 pm

I have been on a carb kick lately too! I don’t know what it is!
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Things That Shouldn’t Taste Good Together

17 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 6, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I used to LOVE that line of pressed powder but haven’t been able to find it. I’m sure their liquid foundation is just as good!

18 Natalie @ Free Range Human February 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm

I’m so bad with makeup. I don’t even wear liquid foundation because I can’t make it look right!
Natalie @ Free Range Human recently posted..WIAW: Experiments!

19 Amanda @ .running with spoons. February 6, 2013 at 6:45 pm

I’m pretty sure that you’re going to love the ColorStay! But I know what you mean about finding the perfect shade. I’m pale as a ghost so I usually go for one of the lightest ones, but figuring out which ones have pink vs. yellow undertones can be a little harder.
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … questionable cravings .

20 Katie @ SkinnyMinnieMoves February 6, 2013 at 7:18 pm

I use foundations from makeup forever. They provide the best coverage, but I will never have an exact match no matter how hard I try. Face is a totally different color from neck lol

21 michelle kim February 6, 2013 at 7:38 pm

I just went to Sephora to get my free birthday gift. Even though I didn’t need to purchase anything, I ended up buying some powder foundation. It’s interesting because the girl who was helping me find a shade also put it along the jawline/lower cheek. I didn’t know that’s how it’s supposed to be done!

22 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 6, 2013 at 8:16 pm

I wouldn’t have been able to turn down the bagel either! :-)
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..A Weird Week

23 Jennifer February 6, 2013 at 9:17 pm

I have used Revlon Colorstay Makeup for the past 2 years or so and LOVE it. Hope you like it!

24 Sarah @PickyRunner February 6, 2013 at 9:18 pm

I don’t think I’d be able to turn down fresh bagels either. Actually, I know I couldn’t. They’re just too good not to love!!
Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Branching out

25 Katy February 6, 2013 at 10:13 pm

One of my friends recently threw a Mary Kay party and I finally found a foundation that works for me. My mom was a total tom boy so I got no help in this department growing up!
Katy recently posted..Best Beer For Your Buck

26 Khushboo February 6, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Shopping for makeup can be a nuisance and let’s just say that those mirrors at the make-up counter aren’t the most forgiving ;)
Khushboo recently posted..Random musings…

27 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl February 6, 2013 at 10:48 pm

That is one delicious looking lunch. I have plans to make roasted spaghetti squash pasta with veggies and sauce this weekend. Maybe I will have to add some vegan sausage to the mix, too!

Finding the right shade of foundation = a nightmare to me. It is one of those things that nobody finds fun! :/
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: February 6, 2013

28 lyric February 7, 2013 at 12:36 am

I would not be able to say no to one of those bagels either! I also wouldn’t say no if you offered to make me your delicious looking lunch for the rest of my life;)
lyric recently posted..WIAW

29 Geraldine @ Healthy Living Cailín February 7, 2013 at 5:26 am

I’m a MAC girl all the way, although I definitely think Revlon Colorstay is a good alternative. They have a great range of shades. I hate buying a foundation that doesn’t match my skin – such a waste of money!
Geraldine @ Healthy Living Cailín recently posted..WIAW#3–Pumpkin Bars and Pink Ladies

30 Kathy February 7, 2013 at 6:19 am

Sounds like now you are pregnant you are back into working out a lot more and making comments like “carb queen”. Think having a bagel is pretty normal, especially when pregnant!!

31 Courtney February 7, 2013 at 9:19 am

Oh, I absolutely agree that it’s normal, Kathy! It was just meant to be a fun play on words. :)

32 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 7, 2013 at 6:38 am

Can’t wait to hear your make-up review! If you like that kind, I might have to go try it out! I’ve been really needing new make-up, but I am clueless!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..A Week of Dinners: The Good, the bad, and the burger.

33 Avery @ Southern Belle Living Well February 7, 2013 at 8:18 am

Morning Carbs = Best stuff ever. The pumpkin was a nice touch too!

34 Danielle @ Truffles n' Treadmills February 7, 2013 at 11:19 am

Choosing a color is always the worst part!
Danielle @ Truffles n’ Treadmills recently posted..Love Your Arms

35 Bek @ Crave February 8, 2013 at 2:10 am

Haha, nothing wrong with some complex carbs :) Lunch looks so good, I’m glad you chose that over the chobani!
Bek @ Crave recently posted..Eat With Acceptance