Couldn’t Say No

Howdyyyyyyy. How’s Wednesday treating you so far??

With the exception of a car accident this had traffic majorly backed up this morning on my way in to work, it’s been a pretty good day for me, so I can’t complain. By the time I did make it in to work, I was more than ready to dig into my breakfast that I brought with me. The original plan was a Chobani with some strawberries, blueberries, and granola, but shortly after making my entrance into the office, I was greeted with lots and lots of fresh Bruegger’s bagels.

This has not been out of the ordinary, as it seems like there’s food for one reason or another quite often. And although I’d resisted in the past, this morning I just couldn’t say no.

But really, it worked out perfectly. I had my peanut butter in the desk, my pumpkin cream cheese in the fridge, and a banana that I brought with me for a snack. Then, when I say a fresh multigrain bagel sitting right on top of the bag, I just had to have it. What can I say…just call me the carb queen. 😉

That amazing combo kept me full all morning long, plus I was fairly busy, so by about 1:00pm, I was ready for lunch. I thought about just having my original planned breakfast for lunch, but ultimately decided to go with the lunch I brought.

I actually had this same combo for dinner last night and had planned ahead to have leftovers for today. I had roasted a spaghetti squash, and topped it with a sliced, roasted garlic chicken sausage, marinara sauce, and some parmesan cheese. Part of the reason it looks so messy? Well, that would be because I dropped my container as I was taking it out of the fridge…thank goodness the lid was still on. I would have predicted tears had it not have been.

On another note, I can’t thank you all enough for all of your awesome feedback on yesterday’s foundation post! This afternoon, on my lunch hour, I stopped in quick to Target to make a purchase, and after seeing so many rave reviews, I decided to give the Revlon ColorStay foundation a try.

Man, I’ll tell ya though…it’s one thing to narrow down to at least a brand. But then to have to actually try and find your shade? Oooof. That’s a whole different beast.

After trying a few different shades along my jawline (I must have looked hilarious all afternoon long) I decided to go with the Fresh Beige shade. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow what the verdict is…I’ll let you know!

Plans for the rest of the evening tonight include a workout and a no-fuss dinner. Not quite sure what that entails, but I’ll figure that out when the time comes. :)

Comments

Mmm I’ve been all about the carbs lately too! I feel ya on the make up color thing… It’s always so overwhelming trying to find the right shade. After reading all of the comments on your post yesterday, I think I’m going to try out the Revlon ColorStay after I finish up my current foundation bottle. Let us know how you like it! 😉
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Q & A: Cody and Our Marriage

I stopped using foundation. Actually, my entire skin regime changed drastically and my skin has never looked better. Dandruff shampoo (recommended by a dermatologist) make sure it as salicylic acid in it) and Oil of Olay or Pond’s Cold Cream and drink lots of water.

I use loose powder if I am making up.

As lovely as your skin is I don’t know why you are even using foundation!
    Linda recently posted..We Now Return to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming…….

Looks like a nice light colour – I’m as white as Casper and find it hard to find light colours so I’d need one even lighter but would be interested to hear how you find it! What type of skin do you have in terms of would you be spot prone, combination or dry and what not!
    Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Stress head

• Courtney says

I’ve always had fairly sensitive skin, but I’m finding it seems to be changing now since the babe arrived in the belly 😉

I just went to Sephora to get my free birthday gift. Even though I didn’t need to purchase anything, I ended up buying some powder foundation. It’s interesting because the girl who was helping me find a shade also put it along the jawline/lower cheek. I didn’t know that’s how it’s supposed to be done!

That is one delicious looking lunch. I have plans to make roasted spaghetti squash pasta with veggies and sauce this weekend. Maybe I will have to add some vegan sausage to the mix, too!

Finding the right shade of foundation = a nightmare to me. It is one of those things that nobody finds fun! :/
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: February 6, 2013

I would not be able to say no to one of those bagels either! I also wouldn’t say no if you offered to make me your delicious looking lunch for the rest of my life;)
    lyric recently posted..WIAW

7. Kathy says

Sounds like now you are pregnant you are back into working out a lot more and making comments like “carb queen”. Think having a bagel is pretty normal, especially when pregnant!!

Trackbacks

1. […] heated up some dinner (the rest of my spaghetti squash with marinara and a sliced chicken sausage like Wednesday), got into my cozies, and flopped on the couch…only to have this guy join me shortly […]