Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce

Oooooo, baby. Do I have a recipe for you today!

For the past few months, ever since I had it back in October, I’ve had a strong desire to create some sort of pumpkin cream sauce. While I knew it’d probably never be as good as the one I had, I still needed to try my hand at it…and last night was the night.

One of the best things about it is that it’s actually fairly healthy; and if you pair it with some spaghetti squash and extra vegetables, then you’ve got an even healthier dish at your fingertips…err, your fork tines? Last night, I paired a big bowl of spaghetti squash with some steamed broccoli and a sliced chicken sausage, then tossed it all together with lots of pumpkin cream sauce and some fresh Parmesan cheese.

The result? Incredible!

I had no idea how much the recipe would make, but I thought for sure I’d have enough for leftovers today. Well, it turns out that we were apparently hungrier than I expected, because the two of us finished off the entire batch of pumpkin sauce ourselves. Whoops.

So I don’t know. Maybe you could get more than two servings of it? But then again, I wouldn’t have had any less in my bowl, so I’ll probably just double it next time. ;)

*****

As if you haven’t already seen enough pictures of this dish…what’s one more? ;)

That’s how much I love this stuff. I cannot WAIT to make it again!

Heyyy, happy FRIDAY everyone! I have a suuuuuper busy day ahead of me at work but I’m so looking forward to the weekend. Here’s to hoping 5:00pm comes mighty quick today. ;)

Comments

1. Nicole @ Fruit'N'Fitness says

This sounds amazing! I love using butternut squash mash as a sauce base. I could also eat pumpkin and other fall flavors all year!

Pumpkin pasta sauce sounds so good! I’m glad I have one can of pumpkin puree sitting my pantry. I think I might need to use it to make this recipe. :) I’d like to try it with spaghetti squash too. I haven’t had spaghetti squash in a while.

Looks delicious! I’m definitely pinning this to try, as just this week I posted about finding better ways to enjoy spaghetti squash (using it as a straight-up pasta replacement under marinara sauce doesn’t cut it for me). I did a spaghetti squash bake that was really good. This pumpkin sauce looks great–can’t wait to try it!

I love this idea! I’ve seen people use butternut squash in creamy sauces, but I’m much more of a pumpkin gal;)
    And anything that includes squash is a winner in my books.

5. Jamie says

I was just looking for an idea for lunch when you posted this, so I took it as a sign. This is quick, easy, and so delicious! Thanks for sharing!!!

Oh my goodness this looks UNREAL! I have a spaghetti squash staring at me on the counter and I’ve been so bored with my usual red sauce or pesto on top. I am absolutely making this – mayyyyybe even tonight! Although Friday to me always screams homemade pizza! Anyone else?

7. Amy says

I love this recipe – it is so easy to make. However, I am finding when I add the milk and yogurt it separates and rather than have a creamy consistency it ends up ‘curdled.’ I’ve tried blending it afterward which helps some, but was wondering if you had any tips on how I could get it to appear like your pictures? Also, what type of Greek yogurt did you use – I was using fat free.

Trackbacks