Oooooo, baby. Do I have a recipe for you today!
For the past few months, ever since I had it back in October, I’ve had a strong desire to create some sort of pumpkin cream sauce. While I knew it’d probably never be as good as the one I had, I still needed to try my hand at it…and last night was the night.
One of the best things about it is that it’s actually fairly healthy; and if you pair it with some spaghetti squash and extra vegetables, then you’ve got an even healthier dish at your fingertips…err, your fork tines? Last night, I paired a big bowl of spaghetti squash with some steamed broccoli and a sliced chicken sausage, then tossed it all together with lots of pumpkin cream sauce and some fresh Parmesan cheese.
The result? Incredible!
I had no idea how much the recipe would make, but I thought for sure I’d have enough for leftovers today. Well, it turns out that we were apparently hungrier than I expected, because the two of us finished off the entire batch of pumpkin sauce ourselves. Whoops.
So I don’t know. Maybe you could get more than two servings of it? But then again, I wouldn’t have had any less in my bowl, so I’ll probably just double it next time.
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 of an onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- sprinkle sage, thyme, or marjoram
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-5 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil, onion, and garlic in large saucepot over medium heat. Cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, chicken broth, Greek yogurt, milk, spices, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to stir occasionally.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and allow to cook an additional 3-5 minutes until slightly thickened. Serve over pasta, spaghetti squash, or anything else you’d like. Enjoy!
As if you haven’t already seen enough pictures of this dish…what’s one more?
That’s how much I love this stuff. I cannot WAIT to make it again!
Heyyy, happy FRIDAY everyone! I have a suuuuuper busy day ahead of me at work but I’m so looking forward to the weekend. Here’s to hoping 5:00pm comes mighty quick today.