Weekend in a Nutshell

Ahhh…that was a much needed weekend.

I know I mentioned it briefly on Saturday, but last week was just a really crazy busy one for me. Not only was work crazy busy, but we had something going on almost every night after work. This amounted to somewhat of a lack of sleep, thus making me one exhausted gal.

So I took some time away from the internet, managed to catch up on some sleep, and got some errands done both in and out of the house this weekend. It was productive, but fairly relaxing at the same time.

Saturday was definitely the busier of the two days. Jay and I were out for for most of the day due to some prior obligations and things that needed to be done. I wound up with a craving for some Starbucks as we headed out…

But wouldn’t you know, about 1/3 of the way through, I decided I was definitely not in the mood for a caramel macchiato. Super Starbucks fail.

Sunday was another productive one. We were up and out of the house fairly early to meet with a couple of friends of ours, who also happen to do our taxes. Seeing as though our time is running out, we figured it’d be a good time to get crackin’ on that. Winking smile Now let’s just hope the government isn’t going to make us pay a bunch back…

After our taxes (which included a breakfast sandwich from Panera) and a quick grocery shop, it was time to head home for the day. First up, I did a little baking…

I promised some guys at work who helped me out this past week that I’d bake them some cookies, so I went with my favorite standby, my Chewy Chocolate Chip Heath Bar Cookies. I think the guys will like ‘em.

I also had a bunch of ripe bananas that needed to be used up, so I made a batch of Banana Oat Muffins, using this recipe, and also adding in some cinnamon chips. I sampled a couple of the minis and they are good! Definitely looking forward to having them for breakfast this week.

The next item on our to-do list for the day? Set up the new crib! Smile

When we first started looking at the directions, we were a little unsure of how it was all going to pan out, but it was actually surprisingly easy to do, and I’d say we got it all finished in about 30-40 minutes.

We loooooooove it.

Cannot WAIT to start seeing everything come together! We also picked out some paint colors this weekend, so we’ll probably get working on that during the week or next weekend.

Cody, of course, was having a blast playing with all the packaging.

And we also now have our full mattress set chillin’ out in the living room. Our original plan was to store it in the basement for now, buuuuut we quickly discovered that that was not going to be an option, since it doesn’t fit down our basement stairs. Lovely.

Thankfully, we’ll have room out in the garage, but we just need to make sure that we wrap it up really well before putting it out there. Suddenly, we’re feeling like our cozy little home is shrinking drastically right before our eyes, I’ll tell ya…

So as far as food and fitness goes for this weekend? Not bad.

To be honest, I really didn’t take photos of any of my food. You didn’t miss out on much though…some leftovers, some chicken sausage with veggies, some waffles…the usuals. Oh, but there were Easter colored pretzel m&m’s.

And good lord, are they good.

For fitness, I did a 50 minute Pilates session on Saturday which felt really great, but wound up taking Sunday off. I’ve been getting in a decent amount of walking day-to-day, but I’m hoping that with a quieter week ahead, I’ll be able to get enough sleep to allow for a few early morning workouts. We’ll see how it goes.

So yeah, that’s the weekend, in a nutshell. It was a good one, but went way too fast (as usual). Here’s to having a good work week ahead for ALL of us! Smile

Question for the Morning:

How was your weekend? Any good eats? Killer workouts? Fun plans?

Comments

You could always use the mattress as some extra guest seating in your living room… 😉 You two were really busy this weekend! Those are the best ones, though, and they always go by way too fast and Monday comes before you realize it.
    Sarah @PickyRunner recently posted..Fresh Start

I love the crib. Can’t wait to see the whole room come together. Our weekend was busy as I am traveling for work the next two weeks. Hate being away from my little girl but know she is in good hands. Have a great week.
    Karen recently posted..Weekend Favorites

My weekend was so mellow! But that was definitely much needed!
    I know what you mean about the shrinking house… we moved into a very large 2 bedroom apartment last year (it has 2 “master bedrooms” and the extra bedroom was empty pretty much, but sadly my mother in law passed away in November and we took on all her belongings and our spare bedroom is jam packed full of her stuff now.. and that is with some of it in a storage unit also until we are ready to go through it! Crazy how that happens!
    Andrea @ Andrea out loud! recently posted..Salad In A Jar = Genius

The crib looks so pretty! Mike put our crib together this past weekend too! Good men we have 😉

Now the dresser, oh lord! We took all the parts out but going to do this week, going to be a pain in the butt job on that part!

Happy Monday girl! I am feeling the fatigue today but might get motivated, let me tell you, the fatigue hits again towards the third trimester! I have a feeling my workouts will become less, but I am ok with that! Doing what is best for baby and for my sanity, lol.

Happy Monday!

I am SOOO jealous of that Easter candy! Lent couldn’t be over any sooner. My weekend was so fun, but I’m definitely tired now and already can’t wait to get some sleep tonight. How much did your heart melt watching Jay put together the crib? So adorable. :)

LOVE the crib!!! Can’t wait to see the colors you picked. We’re starting to feel like our cozy, little house and shrinking as well. Than, or we just keep accumulating a lot more stuff 😉

My best friend got engaged this weekend! It was super exciting!!
    Emily @ The Good Era recently posted..Engaged

You are going to love your return next year with your taxes 😉 I am doing Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred and Level 3 is intense. I am sticking with it and doing it on weekends even though they are usually my rest days :)

I love the crib! We had so much fun decorating the nursery and putting together things.
    Ashlee @ A Step in the Right Direction recently posted..Sunday Social

After a busy week last week, you needed a semi-relaxing weekend! I could never complete a 50 minute pilates workout, so more power to you! I’m sure with your less than busy week ahead you will manage some exercise, and if not? oh well, it won’t kill ya 😉 I LOVE the crib! I was secretly hoping that was the one you picked when I saw you start it on Instagram. I have seen it around multiple times and just love how it looks. I know the rest of Baby Tooth’s room wil also look fantastic! :)
    Heather @fitncookies recently posted..MIMM

9. Courtney says

Love the crib! I have a sleigh crib in expresso that my son is in right now, but we have a baby girl coming in July that’s going to need one as well since my son won’t be ready to transition out of his crib into a toddler bed [& I am no rush!] Since the 2 will have to share a bedroom until we build, I kind of want her stuff to match his. Not sure if I want to do the same crib for her, or one like you’ve posted-I really like the look of it! Thanks for the idea. You’ll also find your home getting smaller & smaller by the month as you add more & more baby items! It’s all worth it though!

My cat is exactly the same! We bought loads of fun cat toys when we first brought her home but she prefers rolled up balls of paper and climbing into our empty boxes and bags!
    When you paint the room it will start feeling really real!
    Mary recently posted..20 mile new PDWOWB!

You will be shocked how quickly your house will feel much to small with lots of baby stuff around. Of course, it gets better when they get a little older and pack n plays, swings and jumparoos aren’t all over the place.

I cannot wait to see the nursery once you get it finished!!
    Suzanne @ Mixing It Up recently posted..Weekend Recap: Birthday Style

I love the crib! It looks so nice! My mom and I cannot put things together to save our lives. My dad usually is the one who throws something together and ends up with two random bolts which didn’t make it on the object. We count down the days until something falls apart haha!

My best workout was probabbbbly a swim session. Annnd holiday themed candies are always ten times better than the normal ones!
    Lauren recently posted..Little Wise Penguin

Having lots of events at night during the week zaps me quickly too! I’m so glad you got a little rest. We had a wonderful weekend puttering around Austin including a little shopping, watching a Regatta (rowing competition), teaching a pilates class, and of course grocery shopping!
    Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..A Beautiful Weekend!

I made some deliciousness CousCous ChickPea salad with herbed Cod and it was so good!! Up on the blog btw. And I ALSO experimented with a new granola. Quinoa Granola full of protein and deliciousness. Also on the blog. I was so happy about the food…call me a healthy food blogger HAHA.
    Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake recently posted..Taking Health More Seriously

we set up baby stuff this weekend too!!! i’m 36 weeks this week, so we put the carseat base in my car, and put together my BOB stroller! i’m glad Cody liked the packaging from the crib, one of our dogs wouldn’t even walk into the living room with all of the packaging and new things. now we have the carseat and stroller sitting around the house so she can get used to them :)
    shelby recently posted..Boxer Baths!

Sounds like you had a fun and productive weekend. I bet it is super exciting getting the nursery all setup! My cat loves jumping in boxes and whenever we pack for travel she HAS to be in our suitcase.. I think she tries to come with us nawww…
    Emily @ Hungry Delights recently posted..The Last Thing

Those cookies look perfectttt!! I will definitely have to try to bake some like that.

I was visiting Lake Taupo in New Zealand this weekend, exploring the beaches, hikes, and downtown, so my whole weekend was great but the highlight was definitely laying in the sun on the beach and finally getting some color!!