WIAW: Movie Night

I am feeling sleeeeeeepy this morning.

The movie we wound up going to see last night ended up being a little longer than we expected, and since the theater was a good 25 minutes away from our house, we didn’t get home until pretty late. Combine that with the fact that I wound up with a raging case of hormones on the way home and had a crying/sobbing fest for a good hour…well, yeah. I’m a little tired today.

Thankfully, my hormones seem to be somewhat back in check this morning and I’m really just dealing with a case of some pretty puffy eyes. Other than that, I’m good to go. So now that you all know what a sobbing mess I was last night (oh, it’s funny to look back on!), let’s get to the real meat and potatoes of today…it’s What I Ate Wednesday Tuesday.

Breakfast

It was a grab-‘n’-go kinda morning yesterday, so on my way out the door, I quickly sliced off a piece of banana bread and grabbed a banana to go with it. Oh yeah…and I had time to stop for another iced coffee from Stewart’s.

IMG_1911

I really need to stop that…

Mid-Morning Snack

Just a simple apple. Definitely did the trick

IMG_1913

Lunch

I made myself a sandwich with some TJ’s roasted turkey, spinach, a wedge of The Laughing Cow Light French Onion cheese, and honey mustard, all on a whole wheat sandwich thin. I feel like it had been SO long since I had a sandwich like that and it really hit the spot.

IMG_1914

On the side, I had some baby carrots and guacamole hummus…somewhat of an odd combo, but I just love that guac.

Shortly after lunch I still wanted a little something else, so I dug in to the container of strawberries that I packed up.

IMG_1918

I almost forgot to snap a photo of them, but there was definitely at least 4x that amount there. They’re actually starting to taste pretty darn good right now!

And then, there was little chocolate too. πŸ˜‰

IMG_1919

I never wound up having time for (or needing) an afternoon snack, but by the time I got home from work I was more than ready for dinner.

Dinner

This meal was actually eaten in the car on the way to the movie theater, since we had to leave pretty quickly after work. But it was no big deal…I had Jay to drive so I could chow down.

IMG_1921

My dinner-on-the-fly of choice was a whole wheat bagel topped with peanut butter and jelly. It. Was. So. Good.

Movie Snacks

So as I mentioned yesterday (and about three lines up) Jay and I headed out to the movies last night to see The Place Beyond the Pines. The theater we went to actually has $6.00 movie nights on Tuesdays AND $1.00 popcorn, so that helped keep things nice and cheap. Of course, when there’s $1.00 popcorn, you can’t really pass that up, can you?

IMG_1922

No, you can’t. So we got that to share, AND I also wound up with a huge hankering for some sort of chewy, fruity candy, so we got a box of Mike & Ike’s to share.

As for the movie? Definitely interesting and TOTALLY not what any of us were expecting. In a way, it almost sort of felt like we were watching three separate movies back to back, because certain parts of the story seemed to end quite abruptly, and would then move on to something different.

But overall, it was certainly an intriguing movie and it was pretty cool to see so many local landmarks on the big screen. It was funny to listen to the theater because anytime a certain building/street/location would come up, people would start whispering,Β “Oh, that’s so and so!” And there’s actually a diner that’s in quite a few scenes of the movie, which Jay and I wound up passing on our way home.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

Comments

I used to eat that dinner all.the.time in college when I had two internships and would literally fly through my apartment out the door. So good! Now you’ve got me interested in that movie…maybe I’ll go this weekend!
    Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Boston.

Those reese’s eggs used to be my all time favorites!
    Glad you’re feeling better today! Hopefully it keeps on getting better as the day goes on too.
    I can’t even remember the last time I went to a movie! SO long.
    Lisa recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday

I’ve been seriously loving on the nut butter and jam sandwiches lately too. I think I had them for lunch for like a week straight and, oh man… so good. And I can totally relate to just needing something soft, fruity, and chewy. I’d even go as far as to say that I prefer fruity candies to chocolate.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... WIAW … playing catch up .

My favorite go to meal is PB&J on a toasted bagel! I could eat it every day. And I can’t help but giggle a bit at your hormones. I can relate so well! I was such a hormonal mess during and a tad bit after having Kenzer. I never knew what a “happy sobbing” was until I was preggo and right after having her! :-)
    Jenny recently posted..WIAW – Breakfast {100th Post GIVEAWAY!}

A Movie without popcorn just seems wrong! That’s how it was seeing Th Dark Knight Rises in Pittsburgh. As soon as they showed Heinz Field, the entire theater went crazy clapping and cheering….only in the burgh πŸ˜‰ It’s so fun though to watch movies that were filmed in your city!
    Emily @ The Good Era recently posted..Four Years Ago

I definitely would have brought the bagel into the theater and ate it in there instead of the car. Haha! I always fill my purse with my own food for movies – specifically the Bulk Section of Wegmans which has a nice selection of EVERYTHING. I’m glad you had a great time aside from the hormonal rush on the way home. I hope you have a great day!
    Lauren recently posted..Take #5…

7. Leigha says

Its so funny to look back on things. They seemed like such a big deal but they weren’t! How neat that the movie was filmed so close to you. sometimes easy simple meals are just as good as time consuming ones!

I haven’t heard of that movie! Butif it was one of those ones that you never expected the ending, I think I need to go see it :) MMMmmmm it’s been so long since I’ve had a bagel, yours just looks too good!
    Chelsea @ LittleOneRuns recently posted..I.Am.Done

9. Emily says

The hubs and I saw that movie on Saturday! I said the same thing you did – totally not what we were expecting. A bit dark, in my opinion, but still entertaining. For those who asked, I would say it’s a good rental, not crucial to see in theaters.

I bought that guacahummus at TJs once and did not care for it at all. And it went bad in my fridge after a couple of days. Oh well. You win some, you lose some.
    But you can’t go wrong with PB&J combo…ohhh so good. PB&J Larabars are one of my favorite ways to get that fix. And now I’m craving movie snacks…
    Also, I ALWAYS wake up with puffy eyes if I cried the day before. Always. And like, reallyyy bad puffy eyes too. I swear sometimes I have as many mood swings as a pregnant lady. :)

That sandwich (sandwich thin one) looks sooooo good! I love laughing cow with some turkey & ‘fixins’. Maybe I’ll have that for lunch?!

We enjoy movies at the dollar theatre near our house–it’s nice b/c it’s cheap (obv), but the movies come there later–as long as you’ve got patience, its uber worth it!
    Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..You Just Have to Start

12. Krystan says

Just wanted to let you know, I feel you on the pregnancy hormones. I have been fairly even keel throughout (im at 28 weeks now) and I credit a steady workout routine for that. But the couple of weeks I will start crying about things that even in the moment, I’m like this is not that big of a deal! It’s not even like im getting mad about things (case in point, I have to do a project on video and don’t own a video camera, so I preceded to cry for about twenty minutes about it, poor husband!) I’ve heard the hormones can be quite bad in the third trimester! I guess I should say good luck to your hubs and mine! lol

Hehehe I’d definitely be one of those people whispering and getting excited about a location I’m familiar with. πŸ˜› And dannnng that’s so much yummy food, Courtney! It’s great to see that you’re eating wholesome food yet giving yourself leeway in terms of your cravings and all.
    Ellie@Fit for the Soul recently posted..What Is There to Say?

I don’t care how old you are, peanut butter and jelly never gets old! For me, I really like peanut butter and banana sandwiches though. :)

15. Yaara Leve says

Man that bagel pb and j looks to die for. I hope you’re feeling better. I get ultra weepy too on many days-and I’m not ever preggo. I blame it on the fact that I’m a girl or just extra sensitive. :) ooh and that salty/ sweet/ chewy combo sounds fab.

Courtney:
    Sorry to hear you had an emotional night. Pregnancy hormones can get rough for sure. You also mentioned the other day some feelings/perspectives/emotions you have been experiencing and hinted that you might share them soon. Just wanted to encourage you to go easy on yourself and allow your heart to “sit” with things for a few days before you make any quick decisions. Life is full of peaks and valleys (especially when your pregnant) – remind yourself to roll with it all a bit. I have no doubt you are handling things in a splendid fashion. Whatever it is – remember if it can go well it probably will!
    Thinking of you, Jessica