Baby Tooth: 37 Weeks

Woah baby…we are officially FULL TERM over here!

37 Weeks

And we are certainly rockin’ a big ol’ belly to go along with that full term status.

Baby Tooth is just over 37 weeks today and is about the size of a bunch of Swiss chard.

Here’s what Baby Tooth has been up to this week:

• Baby Tooth weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches (<—not necessarily true…apparently he’s ahead of the game!).
  • Little guy is now considered full term! If I were to go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb.

And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:

Weight gained: I think I’m around 28 pounds, if I’m doing the math correctly.

Workouts: Not many – actually, I don’t think I’ve done any significant ones since my treadmill workout last week. I continue to be active though, and have been working quite a bit around the house and moving a lot at work. I’m alright with all of that though…I’m just trying to do what feels right.

Labor Signs: I’ve definitely been getting contractions on a daily basis but none have really been overly significant and/or painful. Yesterday, however, was a different story. While I was at work, I started getting the most intense cramps and low back pain. It was seriously like nothing I’ve experienced so far – some of them even had me physically cringing. They became so intense, along with a lot of pressure, that I called my doc and they asked me to come in. Unfortunately, it was just some very early and/or false labor. I’m not even dilated at this point…go figure?! I thought all these cramps were supposed to be making some progress for me. Winking smile

Symptoms:

• Low back pain, pelvic pressure, and menstrual-like cramps
  • Braxton Hicks and/or contractions
  • Fatigue
  • Itchy belly/skin
  • Sore feet – when I wake up in the morning is the worst
  • Lots of potty breaks

Movement: Absolutely! Little guy is not so little these days, so any movement he makes is pretty obvious and funny to watch.

Food Aversions: None, really.

Food Cravings: Nothing crazy. I crave toast with butter pretty much daily but never really wind up eating it. I’ve been craving thick, cold smoothies too – but again – have yet to make any. It’s a little tough while at work and I never feel like making them in the morning. Maybe once I’m home on leave I’ll break out the blender!

Sleep: UGH. This past week has not been great, but Saturday night was probably the worst. I had some gas pains and just couldn’t get comfortable, so I wound up heading out into the living room and sat/bounced on my stability ball while watching TV from about 3-5am. It’s a good thing I had a episodes of Friends and Candy Crush to keep me occupied!

Stretch marks? Knock on wood…we’re still in the clear!

Miss Anything? All the same stuff as I’ve mentioned before.

Fun and/or Interesting Things from the Week: Our appointment last week and getting to see Baby Tooth on the ultrasound was by far the best part of my week!

I look at those photos at least a dozen times a day. My gosh, I cannot wait to see that little face in person!

We’re also pretty much done with the nursery for now too! The only things I have left are some frames/pictures for the walls, but since most of what I want to put up can’t really happen until he’s here (letters for his name, a handprint frame, and a birth announcement frame) I’m holding off for now. I’ve had to tell myself that it’s okay to not have it 100% where I want it. He’ll be fine without the extra wall hangings. Smile

Belly Button in or out? In and/or flat – definitely not “out” but it flattens out quite often, especially when I get hardening of the belly/Braxton Hicks.

Wedding rings on or off? Still on, but snug in the heat.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy most of the time, but I have been experiencing a wee bit of crabbiness. Sometimes, the discomfort and difficulty sleeping gets to me, but I try to keep it all in perspective. It’s all for the best possible cause there could be.

New Baby Items: I did pick up a few remaining items on our registry over the weekend, including car seat mats, some storage bins, nursing items to go along with my breast pump (just got that on Friday in the mail – SO happy insurance covers it!), and decals for the wall.

Looking Forward To: Keeping these next few weeks moving! I’m ready to see my little guy in my arms!

Question for the moms and moms-to-be:

How long did you experience contractions and/or early labor signs before actually going in to real labor?

Comments

You look absolutely gorgeous Courtney! You definitely have that pregnancy glow! :) Can’t believe your little guy will be here soon! If ultrasound pictures predict anything, baby tooth is definitely going to be a little cutie! :)

Looking good mama!

I started experience contractions around 36 weeks … delivered at 38+5. The week I went into labor I had two false alarms at the hospital. My water broke with Em so I had to be admitted at that point and I definitely could tell the difference between real and false contractions once I knew what real ones felt like.

I had pre-labour contractions/cramping for 2.5 weeks before giving birth (at 39.5 weeks)! It felt like reeeeally bad menstrual cramping. I woke up many times thinking I was going into labour- nope!
    Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..175 Candles

I felt BH contractions for at least six weeks before giving birth (10 days past my due date). They were never painful, though. I stopped even realizing they were happening, so when I had a non-stress test eight days after my due date, I was surprised to find out they were coming every three to five minutes!
    Happy full term status!!! You look great :)

5. Krystan says

That’s interesting what you said about sore feet in the morning..I have been getting that too and it is so weird! Super annoying, but I’m glad its not just me. Hopefully time passes quickly for you…time has been crawling since I hit full term two weeks ago. I feel like our baby boy is never coming out!

6. JAY says

YOU TRUELY LOOK AMAZING. SENDING MY MOST SINCERE BEST WISHES TO YOU GUY”S & WISHING YOU A LIFE FULL OF LOVE & HAPPINESS :))))

7. Shanna says

Whoa, the big day is coming up so quickly! How exciting!!!

I didn’t even know for sure I was in labor. I literally didn’t start getting contractions until about a day after my water broke (which I wasn’t even sure it had broken). My contractions didn’t hurt a bit (nor did labor), but the aftermath was unpleasant to say the least :-/

Enjoy these last few weeks!

8. Julia says

Almost there! So excited for you, and can’t wait to see pics of the little guy! Kinda want to see some pics of the nursery too. Sounds like it’s coming along, and I’m sure it looks great. Hang in there, you’re in the home stretch!

Ooo! I like the color of your top! When I had my latest surgery, I couldn’t sleep for about a month so I understand your crabbiness. Sleep deprivation really does completely alter your mood. My mom begged me to take something to sleep because I was getting so crabby during the day from being so tired. Hopefully, you’ll get a few more nights rest this week! I’m guilty of staying up to play Candy Crush farrrr too many nights!

Eeeee….you’re so close! I had my daughter at 38 weeks, and you could end up going into labor early too! I didn’t have any signs though. No contractions or pain, but my water suddenly broke at 1 am after a night of crazy kicking and movements. In fact, even with my water broken, I never got any signs of labor. I had to be induced almost 24 hours later!
    Lauren @ Confessions of a First Time Mom recently posted..A Medical Mystery

11. Nicole says

I agree with all the other comments saying how great you look. Happy Mom, Happy Baby! Hang in there! 😀

12. Julie says

So exciting! I’ve loved following along on your journey and think you’re going to be a great mom! You are glowing. :)

13. Nicole says

You look fantastic! And that orange color looks great on you. What an awesome ultrasound photo, wow!

You look amazing! I started very light contractions on and off at around 37 weeks but didn’t deliver until 39 weeks. I was a few days early but I was totally expecting to go around 37 weeks. Baby just needed a little more time to cook I guess :) My labor was 55 hours so I knew when I was in labor!

You look so gorgeous!!! I am so excited for you Courtney!!! Any day your little man will be here and you and Jay will be on cloud nine!!! Having my little man here is just amazing, although I do miss my bump too! Pregnancy is a beautiful journey!

I had a bad contraction at 2 am that woke me up and I had been dilated to 4cm already, lets just say I had the baby in 30 minutes, labor story to come on my blog!

Lots of love to you! <3