All Decked Out

by Courtney on August 20, 2013

Well I must say…somebody knows how to cheer on his daddy at his softball game!

Last night, Lucas and I headed down to the softball fields to watch his dad, Uncle Dan, and grandpa play…although I think out of the two of us, I was really the only one watching. Winking smile

I couldn’t help myself and decked him all out in some baseball gear for our outing, including these legwarmers that I got him a few months back. You can’t see it, but he was also wearing his baseball onesie, too. Mama wasn’t messin’ around last night! Unfortunately, the team lost, but we all still got to hang out for a while in the fresh air so it was nice.

This morning, we were up ‘n’ at ‘em nice and early. We’re still working on putting together somewhat of a schedule (I’ve been somewhat lax up until this point, but definitely have intentions of putting him on a schedule), so Lucas’s wakeup times can vary quite a bit. Today began with a 5:45am wakeup feeding, and then we hung out for about a half hour before I put him back down again to nap.

At first, he wasn’t all that crazy about his bouncer chair, but now he loves it. And honestly, if I put the Disney Junior channel on the tv, he will somehow sit and stare in that direction for at least a good 5-10 minutes. I find that super interesting, considering they can’t really see more than 12 inches away from their face (or so I read?) but he stays so content! Perhaps the sounds and bright colors are catching his attention?

Once he went down for his nap, I quickly pumped (so far it’s going okay – trying to stock up a bit now for when I go back to work mid-late October – but I still feel like I have a million questions about it all), ate some breakfast, and am now typing up this post.

Today’s breakfast of choice was two slices of whole wheat cinnamon raisin toast with peanut butter (surprise, surprise) and banana slices. But even more of an actual surprise is the fact that my morning coffee today was actually of the hot variety…

Considering I couldn’t handle hot coffee for pretty much my entire pregnancy, I wasn’t sure when the craving for it would strike again. But I had some yesterday and today, and it tasted gooooood.

Alright my friends…time to go take care of a few things before the little man wakes up. I’ll catch ya later! Smile

1 Melissa August 20, 2013 at 8:59 am

Yum! Glad to see you’re able to enjoy coffee again! It’s always a staple in my morning routine.
Melissa recently posted..Shelf Love: New Products Spotted on Shelves!

2 Annie August 20, 2013 at 9:02 am

He is so stinking cute and you’re like an old pro already! I would love to hear how the breastfeeding experience has gone so far…expecting our first in 3 weeks!

3 Gracie August 20, 2013 at 9:04 am

yep…that little baseball outfit is the cutest thing i’ve ever seen.
Gracie recently posted..real talk: on healthy living.

4 Ashley @ Life and Fitness August 20, 2013 at 9:06 am

I love Lucas’ little softball outfit, so adorable!
Yay for hot coffee being back. I can’t wait for Starbucks to get their pumpkin flavors back in for the fall. Actually I can’t wait for pumpkin everything!
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Sloppy Joe Recipe

5 Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle August 20, 2013 at 9:15 am

Love that Lucas adhered to a theme for his wardrobe last night :) He looks like Jay, I think!
Caitlyn @ City and the Cubicle recently posted..When I Get There

6 Courtney August 21, 2013 at 9:39 am

Haha, you’re certainly not the only one to think that! ;)

7 Kristen @ notsodomesticated August 20, 2013 at 9:16 am

He’s such a little cutie!! How has YOUR sleep been? I hope you’re getting enough to feel sane! ;) Text me if you ever have questions! :) :)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Addison Grace: 4 months old!

8 Courtney August 21, 2013 at 9:38 am

Haha, my sleep has been so-so…I really miss long periods of sleep lol :)

9 Sarah @ Sweet Miles August 20, 2013 at 9:28 am

He is so precious!! I’m glad you’re starting to get into a schedule..or at least are thinking about one :) Yay for drinking hot coffee again! I would die without it in the mornings! Have a great day love!!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..10 Things I’ve Learned As a Mrs.

10 Annie W August 20, 2013 at 9:34 am

Oh my goodness! What a sweetie pie! Mamma wasn’t messin around! Haha:)
Annie W recently posted..PRODUCT REVIEW – Clinique Almost Powder Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15

11 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun August 20, 2013 at 9:34 am

Awww he is adorable! I am glad things are starting to get somewhat normal in your house and you are getting on a schedule!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..CLICK Espresso Protein Drink Product Review and Giveaway!

12 Amanda @ .running with spoons. August 20, 2013 at 9:37 am

Awwr what a cutie! I love Lucas’ little outfit, and the fact that you dressed him up to go watch his dad play. A future baseball star in the making? :)
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... follow your own food rules .

13 Ali August 20, 2013 at 9:43 am

I love baby legs leg warmers. They are so cute and functional. I don’t know if you know this or not, but they make ones with sunscreen in it and they also have a pair that has bug repellent in them too. Getting babies on schedules is so hard! I have a 6 month (almost) and he is basically just starting to get there, so stay patient.

14 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves August 20, 2013 at 9:46 am

Lucas looks adorable in the bouncer! And breakfast looks delicious. Hope you have a great day, Courtney!
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Waffles or Pancakes?

15 Christina August 20, 2013 at 9:50 am

Sounds like your getting the hang of things! You’re doing much better than I was at that point, I couldn’t think straight to formulate sentences from the lack of sleep! Hope you get your little man on a schedule soon, it really does help.

16 Danica @ It's Progression August 20, 2013 at 9:52 am

love love love his baseball outfit!!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Exercise your Brain!

17 Emily @ The Good Era August 20, 2013 at 9:57 am

OMG, that baseball outfit?! Too cute for words. I am loving these posts!
Emily @ The Good Era recently posted..Perspective

18 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes August 20, 2013 at 9:58 am

Thanks for sharing Lucas with us :-)
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Are you smarter than a 2 year old?

19 Lauren August 20, 2013 at 10:22 am

I don’t have a little boy or girl, but I do have a little puppy who I deck out from time to time. Lets just say Elmo will be wearing Philly green and white come football season :D

20 Christina August 20, 2013 at 10:23 am

Hey Courtney! Is that the Fisher-Price My Little Lamb Bouncer? I’m going back and forth between that and another for my registry, so any advice/recommendations on that line would be much appreciated. Lucas is absolutely adorable! :)

21 Courtney August 21, 2013 at 9:37 am

It’s actually the monkey, but yes! It’s the Fisher Price model. I really love it and Lucas seems to enjoy it too!

22 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries August 20, 2013 at 10:30 am

Ahhh LOVE his baseball attire! Too stinkin’ adorable.

I’m not trying to be one of those annoying moms, but just had to tell you what I’ve learned re: TV… I noticed the same thing with Hunter (how much he seemed to love the TV), so I did some researching to see if it was OK because I was clueless. TV can actually be crazy stimulating for a baby’s brain (moving objects, bright colors, lights, sounds), so it’s best to avoid it as much as possible. It’s also shown to be the cause of a lot of kids to get ADHD/ADD as they get older.

OK, I look back on the paragraph, and I totally AM one of those annoying moms. Sorry. LOL. Just had to share though. ;)
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Going Outside of My Comfort Zone

23 Kate August 21, 2013 at 10:05 am

Aw, I do agree that TV for babies under 1 year old can do no good!! I’ve also read that it can cause seizures if it is too much in terms of moving objects and colors. I think it is easy to fall into a trap of turning on the tv to quiet them down or calm them down but it might be more harm than good!!

24 Christy August 20, 2013 at 10:31 am

Pumping in the beginning I was told to that shorter more frequent sessions were best and not to get discouraged if I wasn’t getting too much initially. Eventually I got into a pretty good routine. I found the best times for me so that I wasn’t shorting him for his next feeding was after his first session in the a.m. (milk production always seems so high in the a.m.) and then again before we went to bed so that I was comfortably empty. If he happened to take an unusually long nap here and there I would pump as well. I’ve got it down now that it takes about 10-15 minutes now. I use the medela bags that can go in the freezer and mark them with his name, date, time and ounces. I stressed myself out worrying about having enough pumped as a stockpile before going to work, but I found once I started back up at work I got in the schedule that whatever I pumped at work (9am, 12pm, & 3pm) and again that evening is what I dropped off at daycare for the next day. For right now at 12 weeks of age it seems he only needed four pouches for the day, give or take. I of course left a few of the frozen ones with our daycare provider just in case he had a particularly hungry day. Good luck! Questions are welcomed if you ever want to bounce any at me.
Christy recently posted..Grins N Giggles

25 Jolan August 20, 2013 at 10:34 am

Such a cute peanut! You know what you should get for his bouncer and car seat, (looks like he’s got some free space in the car seat)…? Baby Elephant Ears! They’re super cute, supportive and great for prevention and treatment of torticollis and plagiocephaly: http://www.babyelephantears.com/ I love the one I got for my little guy! He ended up in a helmet for his flat spot and I wish I’d known about the ears sooner… Their little noggins are so soft!

26 Jolan August 20, 2013 at 10:47 am

Oh and in regards to pumping and production, I find that lactation cookies help me, plus they’re tasty! Check out: http://m.makingmamasmilk.com/Home.html I recommend the white chocolate cranberry flavor and butterscotch too!

Breastfeeding/pumping does get easier… well until he starts gymnurstics anyhow! Just stick with it, it’s so beneficial for both him and you, and it is such a special bonding time too. Best of luck!

27 Laura @losingrace August 20, 2013 at 10:48 am

He looks so cute in the Baseball outfit!

I bet you are right, the colors and sound are what attracts him. I babysat my nephew when he was a few weeks old and he kind of did the same thing. Now he’s 4 months, wow time flies!
Laura @losingrace recently posted..Wineglass Training: 4 down

28 Ashlee@HisnHers August 20, 2013 at 10:59 am

Looks like you’ve settled in to being a Mommy really well! He is such a handsome little guy and I swear he looks just like Jay!

29 Courtney August 21, 2013 at 9:31 am

Haha YES, that’s what everyone says! It’s Jay’s mini me :)

30 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 20, 2013 at 11:23 am

I love his little baseball outfit! That is just too cute.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Feeling Sunshine-y.

31 Jenny August 20, 2013 at 11:38 am

LOVE his little outfit! He’s so alert too! Such big eyes. I bet he stole the show at Daddy’s ball game. :)
Jenny recently posted..Wedding Post!

32 Annette@FitnessPerks August 20, 2013 at 11:54 am

Oh my gosh! His outfit. Squeal!!

We have that bouncer too! Can’t wait to see baby girl in it soon <3
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..32 Weeks {Body Image & a Future Daughter}

33 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog August 20, 2013 at 11:57 am

Lucas looks so adorable decked out in his baseball gear. What a cutie!

Glad you’re back on hot coffee. Can’t imagine my life with out it haha!
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Sand Cakes, Lobster Quesadillas and Beach Running

34 Casey August 20, 2013 at 12:05 pm

You’re doing a great job so far Mama! It’s definitely NOT easy. I’ve been breastfeeding and pumping at work for over a year now. So if you want to email me any questions, I would be happy to answer them for you. You obviously have my email address since I had to put it in to comment. ;)

35 Courtney August 21, 2013 at 9:30 am

Thank you! Right now, I guess I’m just curious if the amount I’m pumping is “normal” (although I know it’s different for everyone). I’m only pumping once a day but wondering when I should/might want to start twice a day?

36 Caitie @ twentytwofit August 20, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Love how decked out he his! So, so cute :)
Caitie @ twentytwofit recently posted..I Wanna Love My Tuesday

37 Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper August 20, 2013 at 1:00 pm

He is ABSOLUTELY adorable!!
Melanie @ Just Some Salt and Pepper recently posted..Mint and Watermelon Soda Float

38 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat August 20, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Awwww…Lucas looks so cute decked out in his baseball gear!

Mmmm…PB and banana is such an awesome combo!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..{Guest Post} Making the Switch to a Gluten-Free Diet

39 Jessica @ Prayers and Apples August 20, 2013 at 1:47 pm

I was on a PB kick for a while, but i kinda fell out of it.. I’m sure it’ll return soon enough lol ..love the baseball outfit!! ♥ good job mama ;)
Jessica @ Prayers and Apples recently posted..Belief in God Positively Influences Psychiatric Treatment Outcomes

40 Kelly @ Femme Fitale August 20, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Haha, welcome back to the hot beverage club! :)
Totally know what you mean about the whole pumping experience. Try not to feel too overwhelmed. Just learn as you go; by October you’ll be an old pro! KellyMom has some good information for pumping/storage, etc.
PS- I found oats to be excellent for production (and eating a lot in general haha), as well as Fenugreek in the early stages.
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Fab Five (19.08.13)

41 Courtney August 21, 2013 at 9:28 am

Thanks for the tips! (and I just had oats for breakfast this morning) ;)

42 Shel@PeachyPalate August 20, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Oh man he’s so darn cute!!!

43 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire August 20, 2013 at 3:09 pm

He is so precious! He looks so aware and awake in that picture-I love it!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Nick’s Birthday Weekend

44 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 20, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Oh my goodness!! That little outfit is just the cutest!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Moral of the Story

45 Rebecca August 20, 2013 at 4:20 pm

What a precious little guy! :)
Rebecca recently posted..Convenience Foods, Round 1

46 Lauren August 20, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Aw that outfit is adorable!! I’m glad you’re back on the hot coffee train I don’t know how I’d survive without it :) it pushes me through the workday
Lauren recently posted..What to do when you’re having a bad day

47 Ellie@Fit for the soul August 20, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Yesss true that! Coffee is soooo gooooood….I probablyh should cut down but it’s just too hard! haha. And even though experts say they can’t see far, my daughter seems to have been able to “tell” that there’s something really far away for a while now, so I’m not sure if it’s like that all the time! :P
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..2 Months

48 Brooke @ Running In Heels August 20, 2013 at 5:36 pm

He is too adorable and I’m glad things are going so smoothly for you!! :)
Brooke @ Running In Heels recently posted..Life’s Finally Starting To Slow Back Down

49 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections August 20, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Aw, he is just so cute & little! I think it’s interesting that he’ll pay attention to the TV too. Kids just love anything that moves I think!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..They Got Me

50 Michelle @ Peanut Butter and Running Shoes August 20, 2013 at 7:27 pm

He is too cute, little baseball fan!
Michelle @ Peanut Butter and Running Shoes recently posted..What Not to Eat: Beach Edition

51 Lisa August 20, 2013 at 7:45 pm

awww, LOVE his little outfit! He is so adorable! :-)
Lisa recently posted..Saturday in pictures

52 Nala August 20, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Awww…Lucas is just too cute for words! He really looks like he’s enjoying Disney Junior in that bouncer! I wonder if he has a show he will soon come to like as a favorite??? Glad that you’re putting him on schedule – can’t wait to hear how that goes!

53 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake August 20, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Aw, love his little baseball outfit!

54 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance August 20, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Oh how adorable! You must love being a mom! :)
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Career Change

55 Jamie @ fitfortherun August 21, 2013 at 6:47 am

could Lucas get any cuter?! I remember when I gave up coffee for 3 months and I wasn’t sure if I would get back into it, and then when I had it for the first time, I was hooked again!
Jamie @ fitfortherun recently posted..5 Posts

56 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne August 21, 2013 at 9:05 am

That bib is adorable :) Mmmm toast with peanut butter and bananas is just the best! Glad to hear everything is going so good :)
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Cough Drops Galore

57 Runner Girl Eats August 21, 2013 at 9:17 am

I love everything about Lucas’ slugger outfit! So freakin’ cute.
Runner Girl Eats recently posted..WTF?! Wednesday

58 Shayla August 21, 2013 at 10:09 am

He’s sooooo cute!!! I just love his lil face :) And if you have any questions about a schedule you can always text me ;) I will say that exact times in regards to a schedule is too soon for Lucas…but he would definitely thrive off of a routine/pattern like eat, play, sleep. Julian didn’t have exact day-to-day times of when he did things until he was about 3 months old…once he hit that age I could count on him day-to-day eating at 4am, 8am, 12pm, 4pm, and 8pm – going to bed at 9pm, waking up for the day at 7:30-8am, napping at 10am, 2pm, and 6pm, etc. :)

59 Becky @ TheBexFactor.com August 21, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Getting babies on a routine makes life so much easier. I mean, there are always variables that pop up and throw things off, but it’s easy to get back on track. How come you are returning to work so soon? I couldn’t imagine going back so early. I go back to work next month after taking a full 1 year maternity leave and it breaks my heart that I won’t get to spend all day with my little goober.

If you have any questions on pumping, I exclusively pumped for 9 months so I might be able to help you out a little.

Good luck mama! <3
Becky @ TheBexFactor.com recently posted..Hippy For Life

60 Regan August 22, 2013 at 12:39 am

My best advice…don’t worry about a schedule yet…let it happen…. Do a bedtime routine….even if its an hour off night to night…do it whoever the last feeding falls….we eat…change diaper…wash face..read book…lay in crib and say prayer then give kisses…just an example….. Schedule wise…eat play sleep…I would let my little lady sleep one nap a day on me….. We didn’t get in a true time to time consistent routine til 10 to 12 weeks…..they need momma milk…when they want it…as long as you’re not letting him snack…. Also….my suggestion to build a stock….pump in the morning…after you’ve fed his first morning feeding…you’ll get a stock!!… What a cutie….u seem to be doing a rock star job as a Momma!