WIAW: A Day Late

by Courtney on September 5, 2013

Soooo, funny story.

Apparently, the Labor Day holiday really threw me off because yesterday I was all prepared to put together my WIAW post for, well, today…thinking it was Wednesday. It wasn’t until I read Ashley’s post yesterday when I realized oh, DUH, I’m a day behind.

Soooo, I may be a day late with my WIAW shenanigans, but hey, better late than never, right? Besides, this is all actually what I ate Monday anyways, so we’re all off as it is.

ANYWHO…here’s a look at Monday’s eats, just for shits and giggles. Winking smile

Breakfast

A bowl of Apple Cinnamon Raisin Baked Oatmeal with a splash of milk, half a banana, and coffee.

I know I promised this recipe for you guys, and it’s headed your way this afternoon so be on the lookout!

Mid-Morning Snack

An egg cup + the rest of my banana from breakfast.

As if you couldn’t already tell, said snack was enjoyed on the floor…while playing fetch with Cody and chatting with Lucas on his play mat. He just loves talking to the birdies and the butterflies!

Lunch

Lunch was a little spaced out, as usual. At first, I started getting hungry around 1ish, but sure enough, Lucas woke up from his nap ready to eat himself (you can see his hand creepin’ in the corner of the photo below) so I quickly grabbed a handful of these Nature Box snacks to tide me over. They’re really tasty.

Once the little guy was fed, I put him in his bouncer chair while I whipped up a quick yogurt bowl.

Plain Greek yogurt with strawberries, blueberries, a little granola, and some Kashi Go Lean. Always a favorite combo of mine.

A couple hours later I was hungry for something else so I snacked on some celery and peanut butter.

Dinner

Jay got home from work a few hours later and said he was in the mood for a glass of wine. That sounded riiiiight up my alley, so I joined him and had a glass myself before grabbing something for dinner.

We left dinner sort of up in the air (I’m so bad with this lately) since we had a bunch of different odds and ends of leftovers in the fridge. Jay had some leftover chicken enchiladas while I finished up some leftover pasta with homemade sauce, a meatball, and a chunk of chicken sausage.

Dessert

Of course, there’s always room for dessert. Especially when there’s leftover Heath Bar Crunch Cookie Bars in the house.

I thoroughly enjoyed two small squares with a scoop of this ice cream…aaaand I swear, I could eat this every single day of my life. Just sayin’.

Soooo, did the Labor Day holiday throw anyone else off this week? I mean, granted, my days are sort of always off lately, but whew! I think I’m losin’ it. Winking smile

Be on the lookout for that recipe later today!!

1 Madison September 5, 2013 at 8:06 am

I love your dessert! How can you go wrong with heath bar blondies a la mode? You can do not wrong with that one! :)
Madison recently posted..Thirsty Thursday: Pumpkin and Veggie Tales Check In

2 Ashley @ Life and Fitness September 5, 2013 at 8:28 am

Long weekends (even tho I love them) always throw me off for the rest of the week. I keep thinking today is Friday and my brain is on the weekend. Apparently I’m a day ahead haha.
Ashley @ Life and Fitness recently posted..Last Beach Trip

3 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat September 5, 2013 at 8:41 am

I’ve been totally thrown off by this short week too! I’ve been a day behind all week! Well, everything does look super yummy! Leftover for dinner are always a plus, and I can’t wait for the recipe!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Pro Compression Socks Review

4 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty September 5, 2013 at 8:41 am

A perfect day of mini meals all throughout the day. That is my kind of eating! And yes, I agree that there is always room for dessert. =)

5 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life September 5, 2013 at 8:48 am

Can’t wait for that baked oatmeal recipe! Sounds perfect for the fall! :)

I have been thrown off this week too thanks to Labor Day, but in a good way! So glad tomorrow is already Friday!

6 Kim @ BusyBod September 5, 2013 at 8:48 am

That dessert looks just fantastic! Now I’m craving blondies and ice cream and it’s not even 9am…
Kim @ BusyBod recently posted..The Liebster Award!

7 Shel@PeachyPalate September 5, 2013 at 8:50 am

A day late but yummy eats!! Totally didn’t get the sitting on the floor until you said it and had to look back at the above photo!

8 Jenny September 5, 2013 at 8:58 am

I’m just excited that it’s already Thursday! So my week was thrown off in a good way. lol :-) Everybody’s workin for the weekend! ha!
Jenny recently posted..What I’m Loving Wednesday!

9 Amelia September 5, 2013 at 9:03 am

Hey, maybe a day late, but you’re still here. :) I always find it interesting to read everyones WIAW posts. Just goes to show how different we all are depending on our lifestyles & needs (ie: competition prep vs. breastfeeding new mom vs. marathon runner).
Love the sundae for dessert. I had a pizooki last night– cc cookie dough in a ramekin slightly underbaked with a scoop of So Delicious on top. I always (no matter how hard I try) end up eating something sweet at the end of the day. Whether it is a hunk of chocolate, scoop or two of nut butter, or frozen bananas dipped in chocolate. My husband says that dessert at our house is ‘routine’ and ingrained in me. Whatever it is, I enjoy it. :)

10 Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes September 5, 2013 at 9:09 am

This week totally threw me off too! Those heath bar cookies look wonderful! I shouldn’t have at half a crockpot of cookie dough brownies last night and I could justify making them ;-)
Elizabeth @ My Neon Running Shoes recently posted..Proof that I am actually super lazy.

11 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne September 5, 2013 at 9:17 am

Good to see you’re able to get some food while taking care of the baby :) Yummmmmm! I love granola, I should really just make my own since we never buy it haha although I have a feeling if I made it, it would be more of a dessert. I completely agree, there is always room for desserts :)

12 Chelsey September 5, 2013 at 9:24 am

The holiday didn’t throw me off, but two newborns did! I have no idea what day is is anymore. ;)

13 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections September 5, 2013 at 9:44 am

The holiday totally threw me off too! Sounds like we have very similar tastes and eating habits as that sounds like the perfect day of eats for me.
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Spicy Jalapeno Coins

14 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health September 5, 2013 at 9:53 am

Haha…I love that his little hand is creeping into the picture. So cute.
Those mango bites sound yummy!
I think the Labor Day weekend threw us all off! If only we could have another one this weekend.
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..10K Training Update + TIU Beach Babe DVD Review

15 Alaina September 5, 2013 at 10:05 am

Apparently my husband’s schedule was thrown off too because he was planning out his day yesterday and realized he missed an important sales class he’d been taking! He thought it was Tuesday when it was actually Wednesday. Oops!

All of your desserts look marvelous. :-) Hope you’re having a great week!
Alaina recently posted..Fogo De Chao

16 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries September 5, 2013 at 10:05 am

I’m thrown off this week too! I was supposed to chat with my best friend from college last night, and I totally spaced it because I was thinking it was only Tuesday! Ohhh well, it happens, right?

Can’t believe how big Lucas is getting! What a cutie!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..09/05/13: Thursday Thoughts

17 Lisa September 5, 2013 at 10:22 am

I always forget about nut butter in celery, it’s such a great Snack.
Looks like you’re still getting in some great eats while taking care of Lucas.
And I always feel like short weeks throw me off a ton. It does not feel like Thursday at all….or September for that matter.

18 Emily @ The Good Era September 5, 2013 at 10:28 am

Those egg cups look so good!!! I need to make some next week to have for easy breakfasts.
Emily @ The Good Era recently posted..Google Search History

19 Katrina September 5, 2013 at 10:52 am

I love that you embrace dessert and don’t hold back. Good for you!

20 Lauren September 5, 2013 at 11:11 am

Haha this same exact thing happened to me. I’m working on my WIAW post now :)
Lauren recently posted..guess what day it is?

21 Lauren September 5, 2013 at 11:20 am

My mom called me this morning and told me she can’t stand the thought of going into work tomorrow and I told her it’s Thursday (so she doesn’t work Fridays). She started laughing and said this is the greatest news ever because she thought today was Wednesday! :-P

22 Gracie September 5, 2013 at 11:28 am

can’t wait for the baked oatmeal recipe – that looks amazing!
Gracie recently posted..it’s okay, 2.

23 Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love September 5, 2013 at 11:44 am

I know you eat a lot of a yogurt and are a Chobani lover like me so wanted to give you a heads up, if you didn’t already see it. They are recalling some of their products so be on the look out for these expiration dates – http://thestir.cafemom.com/food_party/160633/popular_yogurt_pulled_from_shelves
Jolynn @ Lift Pray Love recently posted..Philly Cheese Steak Baked Potatoes

24 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves September 5, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Wowza that ice cream looks amazing.
I’m one of the lucky ones that’s still on summer break (starting on Monday), so Labor Day didn’t make a huge difference to my brain. Hope you have a great rest of the week!
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Baked Salmon with Lime-Dill Yogurt Sauce

25 Annette@FitnessPerks September 5, 2013 at 12:55 pm

I totally get thrown off with long weekends! But that’s okay I guess….sometimes though I have to double check my schedule when driving to the gym to teach a class, b/c I teach at various locations! I’ve heard of some instructors showing up to the wrong gym. HAHA! So I make sure to double check on short weeks.

Love yogurt bowls!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Truths About Exercise

26 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl September 5, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Those cookie bars sound amaaaazing! Also, I cannot wait for that oatmeal recipe so that I can make up an overnight oats version!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: September 4, 2013

27 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles September 5, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Haha it happens to the best of us ;-) And oh goodness, your dessert – everything is improved with ice cream on top.
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Book Club Day: Raising My Rainbow by Lori Duron.

28 Amanda @ .running with spoons. September 5, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I’m actually going through the complete opposite thing with what day of the week it is… I spent all of yesterday thinking it was Thursday and woke up this morning thinking it was Friday. Weird considering the fact that it was a short week… Wishful thinking, I guess ;)
Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted... thinking out loud #44 .

29 FitBritt@MyOwnBalance September 5, 2013 at 1:56 pm

I love those Naturebox snacks! The mango almond bites you have there are one of my favs!
FitBritt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Learn Basic Zumba Moves with This Easy Guide

30 Tara@PNWRunner September 5, 2013 at 2:43 pm

I’ve been seeing Naturebox products everywhere lately! I must get in on the action!! :)

31 Leigha @ Minougirl September 5, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Those are still some pretty good eats for being a newborn mom! Now I need to go read that recipe- it looks SO yummy!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Road Trip Eats

32 Nala September 8, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Well, I’m part of the “throw me off club”because the long weekend did throw me off too. Your day of eats looked quite yummy and balanced – I admit ever since I found your blog I’m addicted to yoghurt bowls! That dessert looks absolutely scrummy and who could ever argue with the saying “there is always room for dessert? (that and chocolate =D)