I still cannot get over just how good this Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup recipe is. I told you guys that you need it, and now…you shall have it.
And please forgive me on the crappy iPhone photos. I was too involved with my meal to take the two seconds it would have taken me to go and grab my good camera. Whoops.
I have no idea where the recipe originally came from (if someone knows, please share so I can give credit) but I can tell you with absolute certainty that it will be a repeat in our house for this coming fall and winter…and beyond.
The original recipe I was given didn’t use the crockpot, but I figured why not? That way, it’s so much easier to just throw together and have when you’re ready for it. So now, here ya go…
Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life
15 minPrep Time
5 hrCook Time
5 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 lb ground beef (I’m sure chicken or turkey would also work great)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes (I used one regular, one Italian style)
- 1 (10 oz) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (14 oz) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked rice (I cooked the rice separately then added it to the pot)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble ground beef along with diced green peppers, onions, and garlic over medium high heat. Once browned, and peppers and onions are soft, drain excess grease from pan and transfer to the crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined. Cook on low heat 4-6 hours (it really just needs to be heated through so it could probably be less).
Serve along with fresh bread or topped with some shredded cheddar cheese. Enjoy!