WIAW: Family Dinner Time

by Courtney on January 15, 2014

*In case you missed it, the Baby Tooth page was updated yesterday with Lucas’s 5 month post!

Hey guys, happy Wednesday! What’s shakin’ so far this week? Things have been going pretty well over here. Yesterday after work, Lucas took a nap so I was able to squeeze in a quick T25 workout. Whewwwweee! Those videos are NO joke…and I love ‘em!

Last night after Lucas was in bed, I also went out and got a spray tan after calling and realizing I still have two more left from a package I bought last year; they expire on the 19th, so I guess it was a good thing I called. Reason for the spray tan? I have my work party tonight, which involves wearing a dress, which meant exposed, pasty legs. I actually really don’t mind spray tans at all (I’ve had good luck with no “orangey-ness” but my goodness, do they smell horrible. Seriously. It’s all I can smell today.

So due to said work party, tonight, I won’t be seeing my little guy again until tomorrow since he’ll be in bed by the time I get home and I’m feeling super sad about it. Drop off this morning was no fun, but I’m hoping the day will go by quickly. And I’m sure he’ll be having plenty of fun with his daddy later this evening.

But anywho… let’s keep this party rollin’ with today’s WIAW, which is actually all of Monday’s eats.

Breakfast

Overnights oats in a jar + coffee

This meal kept me full all the way up until lunch (which is rare these days). And you can be I scraped every. last. bit. of peanut butter out of that thing.

Lunch

A big ol’ salad made with mixed greens, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, carrots, feta cheese, dried cranberries, and grilled chicken with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing on the side.

I also had to have a piece of cornbread to go along with it. That batch lasted a whole 2-1/2 days in our house before we polished it off.

And now I want to make more. ;)

Mid-Afternoon Snack

My meals actually did a really good job of keeping me full all day, and I probably could have done without the snack, but I still decided to have a KIND bar from my desk stash.

IMG_0735(It’s a recycled photo – don’t worry, mine wasn’t expired Winking smile )

Dinner

I was SO excited to try out this recipe for Slow Cooker Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken that I’ve had pinned for a while. Thankfully, Jay was able to put it together that afternoon (I was running late in the morning, of course!) and he said it was super quick and easy. I served it over some whole wheat couscous with honey glazed carrots on the side.

The chicken and sauce is so, so good!! Both Jay and I totally loved it (and finished up the rest of the leftovers for dinner last night, too).

Dinner was extra special that night since we had the whole family together! Cody was hanging out at our feet the whole time, and if he wasn’t trying to get us to play fetch, he was just straight chillin’.

Lucas had a yummy dinner that night of oatmeal and a few bites of prunes. This picture, of course, was taken before he got covered in food.

(I am also currently obsessed with this photo!)

I love getting to have this time with all of my boys.

It’s seriously becoming one of my favorite parts of the day.

Dessert

No photo for this one, but I did have a couple of my messy cookies with a small dish of ice cream after a somewhat unruly bedtime routine with the little mister up there, who decided he just did not want to go to bed.

Alright friends, that’s all I’ve got for ya today. I’ll catch you guys on the slip side. ;)

1 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat January 15, 2014 at 9:39 am

I’ve never had a spray tan before. I’ve always been concerned about streaks and turning orange; although, I could totally use one right now!

I checked out that crock pot chicken recipe. Yummmy! My family would go crazy for that one!

OMG…those last two pics are just precious!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..WIAW #28 – Sunday Eats

2 Ashlee@HisnHers January 15, 2014 at 10:03 am

Any salad with cranberries, feta and balsamic is SO good. I think I could eat it every single day.
Oh my gosh Lucas is so stinkin cute. I swear he just keeps getting cuter!

3 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 15, 2014 at 10:04 am

I remember trying to do one of those at-home tans in high school and I ended up streaky and orange – so I’ve been afraid to try a spray tan again! I blame my general paleness ;-)
Definitely pinning that slow cooker recipe – sounds amazing!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: Back to School.

4 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun January 15, 2014 at 10:04 am

I used to spray tan but quit it when I need to cut back budgeting. I loved it but wish it would have lasted longer!

I love that picture of your two boys – adorable!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..My Admission of Inadequacy In Our Relationship

5 Britt@MyOwnBalance January 15, 2014 at 10:15 am

I agree! Fake tans smell so terrible! Looks like a yummy day of eats plus an awesome dinner with the family! :)
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Fit Tips to Jumpstart January!

6 Jamie @ Dishing Out Health January 15, 2014 at 10:51 am

MUST make me OOIAJ asap! That picture just made me realize how much I miss ‘em! And omg, that pic of Lucas in his chair is adorable!!
Jamie @ Dishing Out Health recently posted..Slow Cooker Blueberry Muffin Oats

7 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life January 15, 2014 at 10:59 am

I’ve never had a spray tan! I’ve been tempted to, but my fiance says that I’ll turn orange since I have bad luck (which is probably true! Ha!). Oh my gosh, that dinner looks amaaaaazing!!
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..Chocolate Caramel Protein Mugcake

8 Annette@FitnessPerks January 15, 2014 at 11:02 am

That salad looks mighty tasty. Mmmmm! And I love Kind bars!

A spray tan sounds good right now….b/c I am white, white, white. Yikes! Enjoy your party :)
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..WIAW-Shrimptastic

9 Lyric January 15, 2014 at 11:06 am

That salad has totally spiked a craving, and I may have to make it for lunch :D I’ve never done an actual spray tan but I have done the foaming ones and lotions. I love million dollar tan because it comes with a mit, makes application really easy and no orang-y-ness! It does however smell, so it doesn’t happen very often ;)
Lyric recently posted..WIAW: Veggies At Every Meal

10 Abi@AbsofSteel January 15, 2014 at 11:16 am

yummm, all your food looks so good! I would love to hear a T25 review if you get a chance.
Abi@AbsofSteel recently posted..Meditation and Cute Youtube Videos

11 Sarah January 15, 2014 at 11:47 am

How long do spray tans last? Definitely something I would love right about now. This winter has been brutal! My hubby LOVES T25. He’s doing the new P90X now – 30 minute workouts – and is loving that, too. (He’s so obsessed with all these workouts that he’s become an Beachbody coach..hopefully his fit influence will rub off on me!)

12 Marina @ Lazy for Diet January 15, 2014 at 11:58 am

Ou, your kid such pretty girl! And I love oatmeal in jar ;) It dread to think that in the past I simply would wash up this to bank, without having used all sweet remains inside!
Marina @ Lazy for Diet recently posted..#WIAW: Два Завтрака и Апокалипсис

13 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire January 15, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Oh spray tans! I got one right before my high school graduation, and went to the beach the next day. We got caught in pouring down rain and my entire tan came off…except for my flip flop line. I had quite the tan line goin on for a few days! ;)

Also, Lucas is the happiest little guy ever! That picture is seriously adorable. I love how happy and smiley he is in his pictures. So adorable!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..HIIT Elliptical Workout

14 Diana @sosmallsostrong January 15, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Oh everything looks delicious! Is that your recipe for cornbread? It looks awesome!!
Diana @sosmallsostrong recently posted..Wednesday News

15 Jess January 15, 2014 at 1:12 pm

Sucking everything out of a peanut butter jar? Yes please! Everything looks really yummy! and the garlic and brown sugar is one to try!
Jess recently posted..My mostly “healthy” everyday routine

16 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries January 15, 2014 at 1:33 pm

I’ve actually never done a spray tan before! For some reason they’ve always scared me a little bit.

That photo of Lucas is SO SO CUTE! It looks like his little personality is developing so much these days. How fun!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..I (Finally) Ordered My New Blender!

17 Holly January 15, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Umm, I am obsessed with that picture too!!!! Such a HAPPY little boy!!
Holly recently posted..Encouraging Independent Play

18 Kammie @ Sensual Appeal January 15, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Oh man, I love OOIJ :) I have them for lunch often (it’s an easy take-with-you lunch) but I love all of your eats, really.
Kammie @ Sensual Appeal recently posted..My Favorite Stress Relief Techniques That Don’t Cost a Fortune

19 Rachel January 15, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Thanks for sharing, I love reading people’s WIAW! I gotta do that sometime :). Your salad looks exactly like what I had!

20 Heather @fitncookies January 15, 2014 at 2:55 pm

I love spray tans. They are so easy. I typically get one at night or later in the afternoon and by the next day it’s fantastic! I also love T25. Aren’t they fantastic!? 25 minutes and I feel like I just did like an hours workout!
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..WIAW Catch up and a Tilapia {Recipe}

21 Shel@PeachyPalate January 15, 2014 at 3:21 pm

He’s so cute in his high chair!!! Enjoy the work party tonight! New hair cut and a tan…you’re all set! Hope you take some pics!

22 Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely January 15, 2014 at 4:12 pm

That salad looks ridiculously delicious! I crave fresh fruits, veggies, salads, etc. this time of the year. There is only so many soups and rich foods I can handle, and it seems the holidays always puts me over the limit. Hope your work party was a success!
Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted..WIAW #2 – A Recipe

23 Leigha @ Minougirl January 15, 2014 at 4:57 pm

I tried that EXACT Kind bar on Monday – so good! And oh man do I need to make that chicken. It looks fantastic!!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..WIAW – Microwave Peanut Noodles

24 Hayley@healthyregardshayley January 15, 2014 at 5:21 pm

I LOVE pb&co cinnamon raisin pb (: And in oatmeal=golden. Your family is so precious and I love following you!
Hayley@healthyregardshayley recently posted..Are you getting enough sun to avoid a stress fracture?

25 Stacie @ Simply Southern Stacie January 15, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Oh man, that chicken recipe looks like it was made for me! I love garlic and brown sugar.
Stacie @ Simply Southern Stacie recently posted..My Disney Marathon Experience

26 Jenny Staub January 15, 2014 at 6:49 pm

I can’t get enough of those KIND bars… Got a whole secret stash of them in my office drawer
Jenny Staub recently posted..Looks Sexy Wearing Short Open-Back Dresses

27 Danielle @ It's A Harleyyy Life January 15, 2014 at 7:11 pm

feta cheese and dried cranberries on my salad is my favorite!

28 Tara | Treble in the Kitchen January 15, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Lucas is so adorable!! :)
Tara | Treble in the Kitchen recently posted..Feeling Guilty and Yoga Videos on Youtube

29 Linz @ Itz Linz January 16, 2014 at 7:46 am

checking out that chicken recipe now!! and have you ever made corn casserole?? i think itz better than cornbread in my opinion – SO GOOD! it never lasts long in our home!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Fit Gear for the New Year

30 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne January 16, 2014 at 8:59 am

Yum that chicken on rice looks bomb!! Aw I love that photo of your boys, it’s a great one of both them :).
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Benefits of Dark Leafy Greens

31 Caitlin January 16, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Now I’m laughing because I commented on your work party Instagram from last night and noted your tan; I hadn’t even read this post! Guess the spray tan worked out! It looked very natural BTW :)
I love your love of cornbread, though I prefer mine crispier.
That honey glazed chicken with the warm carrots sounds so amazing! What a healthy comfort meal.

32 Ellie@Fit for the soul January 16, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Hehehe looove baby+daddy time! It’s one of the cutest things ever. :D
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..I’d Rather Be…

33 Sarah @ Sweet Miles January 16, 2014 at 1:21 pm

KIND bars are a perfect afternoon snack!! De-licious :) 5 months!! WOW time is flying!!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Blogger Feature: Emily H.

34 Dena January 16, 2014 at 3:50 pm

When I read the title of your dinner and glanced at the picture, I thought “omg, that’s ALOT of brown sugar!” until I read further down and saw that it was actually couscous that I was seeing! PHEWWWW! LOL!

35 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! January 16, 2014 at 7:45 pm

I always forget to save my almost empty jars for overnight oats. So delicious! All of your eats look pretty amazing! Lucas is so cute!
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..Building Your Own Home Gym