Fun Facts Friday {1/17}

1. What is it about toast with butter that just tastes so amazing when you have an upset stomach? For whatever reason, my stomach has been a bit off since yesterday morning and today it’s feeling a little worse, so toast with butter for breakfast it is. Tastes SO good. Now let’s just hope I’m not getting some sort of bug. Blech.

2. Last night we had Creamy Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes for dinner and it was really, really good! Gotta love that crockpot, I’ll tell ya.

3. Wednesday night was my company’s annual kick-off party and it was such a good time!

I sorely needed a new dress to wear since pretty much all of mine are too small right now. Luckily, I found this dress at Macy’s which was on sale (picked it up Tuesday afternoon on my lunch hour…nothing like waiting ‘til the last minute, eh?).

I paired it with red shoes for the party (not brown like the photo, bahaha) and a new silver necklace I picked up from Target. I almost kinda forgot what it was like to dress up!

4. This weekend, Jay and I are (hopefully!) going to look at and test out some new mattresses. We need a new one in the worst way, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we can find one that a) is not ridiculously expensive, and b) something we can both agree on. Mattress shopping is not an easy thing.

5. For the locals…who else is taking advantage of Stewarts’ ice cream sale this week? I totally foresee some chocolate chip cookie dough in my future. Mmmhmmmm.

6. Can I just tell you how much I love and appreciate the fact that Erika (Lucas’s babysitter) will occasionally send me photo updates of him during the day? This one was on Wednesday, when I was super bummed I wasn’t going to be seeing him that night because of my work party.

Oh, that face.

7. Speaking of the little mister…last night was the first night we decided to truly commit to transitioning him to sleeping in the crib and out of the Rock ‘n’ Play. Oh man. It was not easy…but we have officially survived the first night! Here’s to hoping tonight is just a bit easier. Either way, I’ll have some help from #5 above to get me by. Winking smile

8. I’m working from home today, so I’m cutting things I bit short here so I can get back to business. Wishing you all a fabulous Friday and a great weekend! Any fun plans on the agenda??

That and Saltines were a staple when I had an upset stomach as a kid. Hope you’re feeling better soon. And Lucas?? TOO cute!

Weekend plans involve a trip to the DE beaches to introduce my bf to my mom and one of my sisters. I’ve met his family so it’s his turn to meet some of mine!

Have a great weekend! 😀
    Krissie J @ Philly Nerd Girl recently posted..Mid-Week Break

That’s cool that Lucas’s babysitter will send you pics of him. I LOVE the owl shirt. I have been on an owl theme lately – I know weird.

3. Ruthie Hart says

Yay you survived!!! It’ll only get easier.

Jon and I got a new mattress in November and wow… What the heck took us so long!! It’s also fun testing them out :)

I’m so jealous you’re going mattress shopping bc we need one so bad. I live in Barbados so our selection is incredibly limited (basically you wouldn’t buy anything here), and it would cost the price of the mattress to ship here. We’re dying!!!! LOL! Your dress was really pretty and I love red heels. Hope you have a great weekend and good luck shopping!
    Bre & Ree recently posted..beat the burn: the best sunscreens

Love the dress! We just got a mattress in November (our old one was bad!!), but when we went to the stores it seemed like everything was more $$ than I saw on or So I decided to use our visits to the store more to find out what we like/don’t like, then I described it to the guy at and they recommended the best bed they had (based on what we liked and didn’t like) in our price range. It was a little scary going kind of blind like that, but we love our new mattress! Also, I’ve learned there’s always a little room to negotiate–both in store and online/over the phone. Just a few unsolicited tips haha :)
    Brigitt recently posted..Spinach Lasagna Rolls

I love the dress you chose. You look great!
    If you don’t have luck finding a mattress you really like (and want to pay for) you could get a good mattress topper instead. We did that last summer when we decided we didn’t want to pay so much money for a mattress. We found a great foam mattress topped from Target (for something like $100) and it’s been the greatest thing – it felt like we just got a brand new mattress!
    Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Friday Favorites 1.17.14

There has been a stomach bug going around in my area lately and it is no fun! Hopefully you’re not getting that. This weekend I’ll be going to a gatsby themed martini party and brunch with some classmates!

Toast with butter is the best! So simple, yet so good! Hope you’re feeling better!

My husband and I bought a Simmons Natural Care latex mattress a few years ago and we love it! The perfect amount of support, and it’s kind of “green” because it’s made from milk sap of a natural rubber tree (which is renewable). It’s also aturally dust mite-, mold- and mildew-resistant, and lasts longer than an inner spring. It’s a bit more up front, but we saw a huge difference!

Good luck shopping! It’s always hard to try to figure out what will feel good all night just from laying on a mattress for a few minutes.
    Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..Quick Tip: Avoid Triclosan

My friends with kids love when babysitters send photos, and dads love getting them when they are on travel! Oh technology. I love the Jessica Simpson collection and that dress looks great. I can just imagine it with red shoes, va va voom! Again the tan looks awesome too, very natural. I’m glad you got to dress up and go out!
    Caitlin recently posted..Let’s See How Far We’ve Come

Was he ok with the crib or was it hard on all involved? Getting cute photos throughout the day is great! The joys of technology!! His little baby pop belly, babies just gota have em! So CUTE!

11. Sienna says

Hey Courtney,

My boyfriend got a new mattress about a year ago and we decided to try out a low cost memory foam one from Amazon (they have them at Costco too). It was very affordable and we love it. Definitely worth checking out.

I know it must have been hard not to see Lucas for the evening (he’s looking soooo adorable) but at the same time it’s awesome that you got to have a night out! You look fab. I have so many dresses. Living in Australia, that’s pretty much the only thing I bought when I was pregnant, so now my collection is getting a big large. I don’t think I’ve bought any type of pants in 2 years now!
    A good mattress makes a world of difference. Hope you guys find something perfect! Have a great weekend :)
    Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Over Coffee [18.01.14]

Another very entertaining post! Yes I have had buttered toast for breakfast numerous times and I too love it! Also, getting a picture of your son or daughter in the middle of a busy or hectic day at work can be like a breath of fresh air and a real “pick me up”. It can really turn your day around! Well, really enjoyed your post!
    The Funster recently posted..Angry Birds Air Swimmers Review!

14. Nala says

I hope you are feeling much better! Getting a stomach bug really sucks. You look really great in your party dress! Aww, that is so sweet of Erika to send photo updates – I’m sure they keep you going =) I hope Lucas gets used to the Crib transition and that you and Jay will have a more easier time doing so – Good Luck!