Fun Facts Friday {1/17}

by Courtney on January 17, 2014

1. What is it about toast with butter that just tastes so amazing when you have an upset stomach? For whatever reason, my stomach has been a bit off since yesterday morning and today it’s feeling a little worse, so toast with butter for breakfast it is. Tastes SO good. Now let’s just hope I’m not getting some sort of bug. Blech.

2. Last night we had Creamy Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes for dinner and it was really, really good! Gotta love that crockpot, I’ll tell ya.

3. Wednesday night was my company’s annual kick-off party and it was such a good time!

I sorely needed a new dress to wear since pretty much all of mine are too small right now. Luckily, I found this dress at Macy’s which was on sale (picked it up Tuesday afternoon on my lunch hour…nothing like waiting ‘til the last minute, eh?).

I paired it with red shoes for the party (not brown like the photo, bahaha) and a new silver necklace I picked up from Target. I almost kinda forgot what it was like to dress up!

4. This weekend, Jay and I are (hopefully!) going to look at and test out some new mattresses. We need a new one in the worst way, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we can find one that a) is not ridiculously expensive, and b) something we can both agree on. Mattress shopping is not an easy thing.

5. For the locals…who else is taking advantage of Stewarts’ ice cream sale this week? I totally foresee some chocolate chip cookie dough in my future. Mmmhmmmm.

6. Can I just tell you how much I love and appreciate the fact that Erika (Lucas’s babysitter) will occasionally send me photo updates of him during the day? This one was on Wednesday, when I was super bummed I wasn’t going to be seeing him that night because of my work party.

Oh, that face.

7. Speaking of the little mister…last night was the first night we decided to truly commit to transitioning him to sleeping in the crib and out of the Rock ‘n’ Play. Oh man. It was not easy…but we have officially survived the first night! Here’s to hoping tonight is just a bit easier. Either way, I’ll have some help from #5 above to get me by. Winking smile

8. I’m working from home today, so I’m cutting things I bit short here so I can get back to business. Wishing you all a fabulous Friday and a great weekend! Any fun plans on the agenda??

1 Sarah toasty January 17, 2014 at 9:22 am

We always ate toast with butter and cinnamon sugar when we sick growing up, now I eat it whenever I’m having a really bad day… Hope the stomach feels better!
Sarah toasty recently posted..Panda Marshmallows for Bao Bao

2 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat January 17, 2014 at 9:27 am

Such a cute dress! I have three weddings to go to this year and I’m already thinking about dresses to wear. I don’t have a ton of dressy dresses, so I’ll definitely be going shopping soon!

That picture of Lucas is super cute! What a great pic to get during the day!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Power Foods Friday – Eat Your Beets

3 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige January 17, 2014 at 9:29 am

You look great, Courtney!!
That makes me almost kinda miss office work parties :)
And that Lucas picture…adorable.
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..My Top 20 Workout Songs in 2014

4 Krissie J @ Philly Nerd Girl January 17, 2014 at 9:31 am

That and Saltines were a staple when I had an upset stomach as a kid. Hope you’re feeling better soon. And Lucas?? TOO cute!

Weekend plans involve a trip to the DE beaches to introduce my bf to my mom and one of my sisters. I’ve met his family so it’s his turn to meet some of mine!

Have a great weekend! :D
Krissie J @ Philly Nerd Girl recently posted..Mid-Week Break

5 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries January 17, 2014 at 9:35 am

You look beautiful! I bet it was so fun to get all dressed up. That’s a rare occasion over here too! ;)

Texting you to hear how the rest of last night went! You’re a great mom!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Bits & Pieces of Ashley: Quality Time with Cody (with a baby in the mix)

6 Ali January 17, 2014 at 9:35 am

That’s cool that Lucas’s babysitter will send you pics of him. I LOVE the owl shirt. I have been on an owl theme lately – I know weird.

7 Heather @fitncookies January 17, 2014 at 9:39 am

You look beautiful in that picture! I love having a reason to dress up. My stomach has been off this whole week so I’m praying yours gets better! It’s not fun at all to always be feeling a bit off. Enjoy your weekend!
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..Are Food Allergies the New Eating Disorder?

8 Jana @ Happy Wife Healthy Life January 17, 2014 at 9:41 am

Love that dress, you look so pretty! I think it is awesome Lucas’ babysitter sends you those pictures! I am sure every time it is a nice surprise from the typical workday! :)

9 Melissa @ For Love and Travel January 17, 2014 at 9:44 am

Oh no, sorry you are not feeling well, I hope that changes soon so you can enjoy your weekend. Nothing like being sick over your off days. I know I’ve said how cute little Lucas is, but this one with his little tongue sticking out is Priceless!! Too cute!! Feel better. :)
Melissa @ For Love and Travel recently posted..A Comfort Kit by Through the Heart

10 Ruthie Hart January 17, 2014 at 9:48 am

Yay you survived!!! It’ll only get easier.

Jon and I got a new mattress in November and wow… What the heck took us so long!! It’s also fun testing them out :)

11 Bre & Ree January 17, 2014 at 10:04 am

I’m so jealous you’re going mattress shopping bc we need one so bad. I live in Barbados so our selection is incredibly limited (basically you wouldn’t buy anything here), and it would cost the price of the mattress to ship here. We’re dying!!!! LOL! Your dress was really pretty and I love red heels. Hope you have a great weekend and good luck shopping!
~Bre
Bre & Ree recently posted..beat the burn: the best sunscreens

12 Brigitt January 17, 2014 at 10:07 am

Love the dress! We just got a mattress in November (our old one was bad!!), but when we went to the stores it seemed like everything was more $$ than I saw on sleepys.com or 1800mattress.com. So I decided to use our visits to the store more to find out what we like/don’t like, then I described it to the guy at 1800mattress.com and they recommended the best bed they had (based on what we liked and didn’t like) in our price range. It was a little scary going kind of blind like that, but we love our new mattress! Also, I’ve learned there’s always a little room to negotiate–both in store and online/over the phone. Just a few unsolicited tips haha :)
Brigitt recently posted..Spinach Lasagna Rolls

13 Danica @ It's Progression January 17, 2014 at 10:11 am

I love the dress you chose. You look great!
If you don’t have luck finding a mattress you really like (and want to pay for) you could get a good mattress topper instead. We did that last summer when we decided we didn’t want to pay so much money for a mattress. We found a great foam mattress topped from Target (for something like $100) and it’s been the greatest thing – it felt like we just got a brand new mattress!
Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted..Friday Favorites 1.17.14

14 Samantha January 17, 2014 at 10:15 am

There has been a stomach bug going around in my area lately and it is no fun! Hopefully you’re not getting that. This weekend I’ll be going to a gatsby themed martini party and brunch with some classmates!

15 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl January 17, 2014 at 10:32 am

Your little mister is the cutest little thing! Very good choice on the dress too! Have a great weekend!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Green Smoothies to try for the January Green Smoothie Challenge

16 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun January 17, 2014 at 10:54 am

Look at that smile! How PRECIOUS! Glad you got to enjoy a night out – love you dress and red heels are ALWAYS the way to go!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Five Ways to Take Care of Your Body (Aside from Diet and Exercise)

17 cait @pieceofcait January 17, 2014 at 11:00 am

you looooook beautiful, {always} but it is shining through :)

18 Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life January 17, 2014 at 11:06 am

Toast and butter is a miracle combination! I had the stomach flu a few months ago and it sucked- toast and butter was the only thing that got me through it! Lucas’ face… I die!! :)
Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted..It’s time I admitted this to myself

19 Gracie January 17, 2014 at 11:38 am

that picture of Lucas. is. thee. CUTEST!
Gracie recently posted..girl meets: 1.17.14.

20 Jamie @ Dishing Out Health January 17, 2014 at 11:47 am

You looked fab! The spray tan looks so natural.. I need to get one soon for a wedding and I was a little hesitant until I saw your photo. I hope you start feeling better. Plan ol’ bananas normally do the trick for me, too. Happy Friday!
Jamie @ Dishing Out Health recently posted..Foodie Friday {1/17} + AquaTally Discount

21 Lyric January 17, 2014 at 12:36 pm

You look fantastic in that dress! I love the silver necklace you paired with it! Weekend plans include reading, relaxing and working! I hope you have a great weekend Courtney :D
Lyric recently posted..Homemade Vegan “Quest” Bars

22 Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork January 17, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Toast with butter is the best! So simple, yet so good! Hope you’re feeling better!

My husband and I bought a Simmons Natural Care latex mattress a few years ago and we love it! The perfect amount of support, and it’s kind of “green” because it’s made from milk sap of a natural rubber tree (which is renewable). It’s also aturally dust mite-, mold- and mildew-resistant, and lasts longer than an inner spring. It’s a bit more up front, but we saw a huge difference!

Good luck shopping! It’s always hard to try to figure out what will feel good all night just from laying on a mattress for a few minutes.
Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..Quick Tip: Avoid Triclosan

23 Hayley@healthyregardshayley January 17, 2014 at 12:48 pm

for me: much needed R&R, and working on my blog layout! goal is to have it fully functioning and perfect on monday! The past two weeks I have just sorta been testing out the waters and getting in the hang of posting.
Hayley@healthyregardshayley recently posted..Hayley Approved

24 Erin @ The Almond Eater January 17, 2014 at 1:15 pm

I loooove toast with butter, especially with cinnamon on top. I love that dress too, btw! Target is the best, isn’t it? It’s pretty much my go-to for everything. Have a great weekend!
Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted..Why I Prefer Morning Workouts

25 Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) January 17, 2014 at 1:39 pm

I’ve been scrubbing the house like crazy after a child in H’s class at preschool had to leave because of a nasty bug. We’ve already had it here and I’m begging for it to not return. Stomach bugs are the worst!

And the best? L’s adorable cheesing at the camera! What a cutie :)
Brittany (Healthy Slice of Life) recently posted..{Recipe} Healthy Corn Dog Bites for Kids

26 Sarah @ Sweet Miles January 17, 2014 at 1:45 pm

I would love to hear more about how being a working mom is? Is your baby sitter a full time gig, and do you get to work from home often? Also, that black dress is adorable! Such a great find!!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Jelly Legs Workout

27 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles January 17, 2014 at 1:49 pm

An improvement on buttered toast when you’re sick – add some cinnamon or some cinnamon sugar on there ;-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday 01/17/14.

28 Caitlin January 17, 2014 at 2:07 pm

My friends with kids love when babysitters send photos, and dads love getting them when they are on travel! Oh technology. I love the Jessica Simpson collection and that dress looks great. I can just imagine it with red shoes, va va voom! Again the tan looks awesome too, very natural. I’m glad you got to dress up and go out!
Caitlin recently posted..Let’s See How Far We’ve Come

29 Ellie@Fit for the soul January 17, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Awww what a handsome little guy! I think it’s so cool your friend is also the babysitter. :D And I hope the transition to the crib goes smoothly!
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Flow Whole Body Circuit Vlog

30 Megan January 17, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Love the pic of the cute little guy! Got a new Land’s End magazine yesterday and guess who was in it!!

31 Shel@PeachyPalate January 17, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Was he ok with the crib or was it hard on all involved? Getting cute photos throughout the day is great! The joys of technology!! His little baby pop belly, babies just gota have em! So CUTE!

32 Linz @ Itz Linz January 17, 2014 at 4:28 pm

i keep hearing more and more about that rock n play!! do you have that AND a pack n play or does just the rock n play suffice?
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..five things friday

33 Sienna January 17, 2014 at 4:39 pm

Hey Courtney,

My boyfriend got a new mattress about a year ago and we decided to try out a low cost memory foam one from Amazon (they have them at Costco too). It was very affordable and we love it. Definitely worth checking out.

34 Ashley H. January 17, 2014 at 4:46 pm

I am a Sr. VIP Consultant with BeautiControl and I am taking my girls for a fun day of training tomorrow! It’s going to be a blast! :)

35 Leigha @ Minougirl January 17, 2014 at 6:27 pm

I have to have toast with butter anytime I have eggs! It’s perfect :) have a great weekend Courtney!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Fashion Friday {1/13 – 1/17}

36 char eats greens January 17, 2014 at 9:34 pm

Awww his little squishy face!! So adorable. Hope working from home was good today :)
char eats greens recently posted..why i went vegan

37 Kelly @ Femme Fitale January 18, 2014 at 1:33 am

I know it must have been hard not to see Lucas for the evening (he’s looking soooo adorable) but at the same time it’s awesome that you got to have a night out! You look fab. I have so many dresses. Living in Australia, that’s pretty much the only thing I bought when I was pregnant, so now my collection is getting a big large. I don’t think I’ve bought any type of pants in 2 years now!
A good mattress makes a world of difference. Hope you guys find something perfect! Have a great weekend :)
Kelly @ Femme Fitale recently posted..Over Coffee [18.01.14]

38 Allison January 18, 2014 at 8:11 am

He is just so stinkin’ cute! :) Have a great weekend!

39 brittany @ proteinandpumps January 18, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Such a cute pic of Lucas…I love his little buddha belly!
brittany @ proteinandpumps recently posted..Positivity

40 The Funster January 18, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Courtney,
Another very entertaining post! Yes I have had buttered toast for breakfast numerous times and I too love it! Also, getting a picture of your son or daughter in the middle of a busy or hectic day at work can be like a breath of fresh air and a real “pick me up”. It can really turn your day around! Well, really enjoyed your post!
The Funster recently posted..Angry Birds Air Swimmers Review!

41 Kim January 18, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Cute dress! That’s awesome you found such a great babysitter. Getting pictures sent to you throughout the day definitely has to ease your mind!
Kim recently posted..Thoughts on Miscarriage and Grieving

42 Kate January 18, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Love the dress & your little guy, he’s absolutely precious!
Kate recently posted..My Top 5 Must Haves for Moving Your Body in the New Year

43 Avery @ YoungAspirations January 18, 2014 at 5:13 pm

That photo of Lucas is adorable! When I was a nanny I used to always send pictures of the kids to their mom – she loved it! Good luck mattress shopping! We have two Serta plush mattresses and love them both :)

44 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake January 18, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Love that picture of Lucas! What a sweetie!

45 Karen @ Fruitspire January 19, 2014 at 9:36 pm

hope the sleeping in the crib is going well. Usually by night three you’re in the clear!

46 Nala January 20, 2014 at 12:49 pm

I hope you are feeling much better! Getting a stomach bug really sucks. You look really great in your party dress! Aww, that is so sweet of Erika to send photo updates – I’m sure they keep you going =) I hope Lucas gets used to the Crib transition and that you and Jay will have a more easier time doing so – Good Luck!