Fun Facts Friday {2/21}

by Courtney on February 21, 2014

1. I don’t know if it’s from having Monday off from work or not, but this week seemed to absolutely FLY by for me. I’m certainly not complaining! Anyone else have a quick week?

2. This week, surprisingly enough, included some pretty stellar dinners. Highlights include Sloppy Joe’s (I used this recipe at the recommendation of Chelsey) which were amazing…

Some Parmesan and Pine Nut Crusted Chicken, which I came across in our latest issue of Cooking Light magazine…

And finally, last night’s killer salad (made for me courtesy of the hubs) which included all sorts of delicious veggies and some of our leftover chicken from above.

I wish I had the time/energy/desire/ingredients to make salads like this daily.

3. Wow…#2 was quite a long fun fact.

4. There are certain days that are way harder to put Lucas to bed than others. Reason being? I’m just not ready to say goodnight to this sweet face.

Last night happened to be one of those nights. But he was in such a good mood that I risked a later bedtime just to be with him. Luckily, it worked out in my favor and I soaked up every last giggle, laugh, and smile I got. Smile

5. Earlier this week, I received a super fun package from Zevia. Have you guys ever tried their soda? So, so delicious!

I’m pretty sure I must have tried it in the past, but I really can’t remember (maybe at the Blend Retreat?). Either way, I did NOT know they made cream soda, so seeing that pretty much made my night. Talk about bringin’ it back to childhood with the cream soda!

6. If you’ve been reading for a while, then you probably already know that my husband loves The Chive. Every once in a while he’ll share a post with me that he thinks I’d find funny, and yesterday just so happened to be one of those days. He shared this post, and while the whole thing was pretty amusing, I thought you guys might enjoy a couple pics from it…

Right?!?

Abso-freakin-lutely. I will wear my jeans for as long as possible before washing them.

7. Every once in a while, when I think of it, I like to look back on the exact day in my archive posts. Well, hey, would ya look at that…this exact day two years ago was quite tasty lookin’…

IMG_1935

And it also included a quick and effective “10 Minute No Excuses Workout” too, FYI.

8. This morning is one of the first times since starting back to work that I don’t have to worry about dropping Lucas off at daycare (Erika needed the day off so he’s home with Jay this morning and I’ll be home with him this afternoon – YAY for a half day!). I’m totally taking advantage of that extra time this morning for a nice Coffee Friday pit stop.

9. I’m cutting fun facts short this week…time to go spend some time with guy and our DVR. Winking smile

Happy Friday, friends! Have a great weekend! xoxo

1 Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork February 21, 2014 at 6:51 am

That pie chart of women’s magazines is so (unfortunately) true! And yes, don’t wash pants (particularly jeans) until they’re definitely dirty!

Have a great weekend!
Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork recently posted..Quick Tip: Eat Every (3-)4 Hours

2 Madison February 21, 2014 at 7:16 am

SO true about the jeans!
Madison recently posted..How I Throw an Easy Appetizer Party

3 Shel@PeachyPalate February 21, 2014 at 7:49 am

Yay for a short day is right! Enjoy! Sloppy joes are awesome, meat, bean, veggie…whichever! Have a great weekend!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Peanut Butter Wonder

4 Carol T. February 21, 2014 at 7:56 am

Courtney:

Love the picture of Lucas – what a precious little one!!! Have a great weekend!!! you are one heck of a Mom…

5 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat February 21, 2014 at 8:06 am

This week flew by for me too! I think we should always get Monday off! ;-)

I’m totally drooling over that chicken and that salad! Both look amazing!

Have a great weekend!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..MASH UP Conditioning Tempo DVD Review + Giveaway

6 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List February 21, 2014 at 8:18 am

thanks for linking to Blend!! Can you come this year??
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..reading comprehension

7 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne February 21, 2014 at 9:09 am

Omg haha love the “50% your beautiful the way you are, 50% lose 10 lbs in 2 wks” it is so true!! Ugh and I wish I had that much time to make my salads look that pretty and taste that amazing!! And agreed, 4 day weeks just fly by! Happy Friday, enjoy your half day :)
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..Tips & Tricks: Staying Healthy

8 Jamie @ Dishing Out Health February 21, 2014 at 9:23 am

LOL sooo true with The Chive post! Good thing you posted that before the cookies because everything in my mind blurred after that. NEED!

9 Jessica February 21, 2014 at 9:50 am

Those cookies look AMAZING. How did I miss this post a year ago? Making tonight :)
Jessica recently posted..Monday Linkage (on a Tuesday)

10 Annette@FitnessPerks February 21, 2014 at 10:21 am

SO true about the jeans!!! :)

YAY for a short day–enjoy it!
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Five Things on a Friday

11 Jenn@Mark My Miles! February 21, 2014 at 10:21 am

I love that face! I am guilty of keeping my little man awake past bedtime as well just to spend more time with him : )
Jenn@Mark My Miles! recently posted..The Clean Machine is ME!

12 Lyric February 21, 2014 at 10:35 am

Oh my gosh I love Zevia! I was worried it would have that funny stevia after taste but it just taste like the Diet version of Pop! The Dr.Zevia flavour is my fave. I am a little mad at you for posting that cookie recipe before I’ve even had breakfast yet because now all I want is cookies :P

13 Susanne Kvinder February 21, 2014 at 10:44 am

Haha love the pic on facts in women’s magazines

14 Katy February 21, 2014 at 10:48 am

I’m right there with you and your jeans! I am embarrassed to admit how long I will wear jeans for until I wash them! I even belt them when they get too loose before I wash them partly because I’m lazy, and partly because we live in an apartment building and NEVER have enough quarters for laundry! Have a great weekend. :-)
Katy recently posted..Flavor of the Week: Chicken Enchilada Recipe!

15 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles February 21, 2014 at 11:04 am

Yesss on the jeans thing! I wait as long as possible before washing them. And Zevia is amazing…I try not to drink them too often, but the ones in my fridge have been disappearing at an alarming rate…
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Five Things Friday 02/21/14.

16 Jaime February 21, 2014 at 11:13 am

You just saved my life with the Zevia. HOW did I not know about this before now?!

17 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries February 21, 2014 at 11:50 am

Ha! Amen to the jeans image! And wow – all of those dinners look so delicious! I’m especially eyeing that parmesan & pine nut crusted chicken. Yum! Yay for a half day! Enjoy!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Chasing Hunter Around All Day is Great Exercise

18 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog February 21, 2014 at 12:29 pm

hahaha I gotta say that pie graph is very accurate. I’m obsessed with women’s magazines, and even though it says the same thing over and over, I find myself hooked anyway.

If I had to put that cute face to bed, I’d want a little extra time too :-)

And finally, I remember those cookies. They looked delicious then and still do now. Maybe it’s a sign I should bake them
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..Skinny Buffalo Chicken Pizza + 15 Minute Full Body Burn

19 Amelia February 21, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Yes, this week FLEW by! I think it was partially due to the holiday and partially due to the fact that I had Tuesday off for a medical procedure, so I was really out of it. Yay for short weeks!
Your dinners look fantastic. It’s been ages since I’ve had a sloppy joe. So so good!
Never had zevia, though I don’t like stevia so I don’t think it’s for me. Have an awesome weekend with your little cutie Lucas and enjoy your half day. :)

20 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun February 21, 2014 at 1:56 pm

I have never heard of Zevia but it looks really interesting to me because I am trying to break my diet coke addiction!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..5 Tips When Money is Tight

21 Ali February 21, 2014 at 1:59 pm

I love zevia and all their flavors!

22 Cheri @ Overactive Blogger February 21, 2014 at 2:10 pm

A fun fact about Zevia – BEST ginger ale for a hangover tummy. Not that I would know…
Cheri @ Overactive Blogger recently posted..Happy Friday! Here’s what! What three things are you obsessed with?

23 Leigha @ Minougirl February 21, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Oh man, those dinners!! I could eat a salad every night if I had all kinds of veggies on hand. Just read that post too… omg it’s HILARIOUS! Have a great weekend girly!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Fashion Friday {2/18 – 2/20} + a helpful tip!

24 Sarah @ Sweet Miles February 21, 2014 at 2:29 pm

Hahaha I’m the SAME way with my jeans!!! Oh my goodness, yes! Clean until proven dirty via stains or smells!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Do You Recover? And Recover Enough?

25 Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit February 21, 2014 at 2:41 pm

I love Sloppy Joes! I went Vegetarian for 5 years and couldn’t have them. Now that I can, I don’t want to use Manwich, but also ‘from scratch’ recipes require so many ingredients…one of these days I’ll get around to it!!

For now, I’ll just make those cookies! YUM!
Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit recently posted..How The Week Went Down

26 Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment February 21, 2014 at 2:48 pm

That is the most adorable picture of your son! He’s so cute. Love that random fact about women’s magazines. So true.
Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment recently posted..2/21: Friday’s Favorite Things

27 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves February 21, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Looks like you had a wonderful week! Mine went by super quickly as well, but that’s because I’m on winter break :) Your dinners look fantastic— that salad especially!
Those pictures from The Chive are SPOT ON.
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Fascinating Friday Links #25 + Hockey Drama

28 Miranda @ Loving Every Mile February 21, 2014 at 5:43 pm

That pie chart = so true! (Unfortunately). Obviously it sells though, since there are SO MANY different choices on the magazine rack!
Miranda @ Loving Every Mile recently posted..friday favorites #2

29 Kim @ FITsique February 21, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Ha the women’s magazine chart is SO correct which is SO unfortunate! Hope you and the fam have a great weekend!
Kim @ FITsique recently posted..How More Sleep Can Help You Lose Weight

30 Kelly February 21, 2014 at 5:59 pm

oh my goodness parmesan and pine nut chicken??!?!? That sounds amazing!

And I completely use that “clean until proven dirty” with my jeans. I mean, they really don’t get THAT dirty on a daily basis, right?
Kelly recently posted..I am far too involved in not real life….

31 Diana February 21, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Oh my goodness! Those cookies! Have a great weekend!
Diana recently posted..moving, again

32 Ellie@Fit for the soul February 21, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Hahahhaha oh mannn! Is there a camera watchin me right now??? I thought i was the only nasty one wearing jeans over and over till the smell test says otherwise….Oppp, did I just say too much? :P
And that salad looks amazing~and as much as I love them, I too have a hard time making them everyday.
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..The {Not So} Glamorous Side

33 Kris February 22, 2014 at 10:29 am

Oh Lucas is such a cutie! What a blessing! Hope you all have a great weekend! :)
Kris recently posted..WIAW – best day ever!

34 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 23, 2014 at 7:56 am

I was actually just eying up that chicken recipe in Cooking Light!

I LOVE Zevia and the cream soda flavor is awesome!

35 Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl February 23, 2014 at 9:53 pm

I had last Monday off too, but for some reason the week seemed to drraaggg by as slowly as possible and I was exhausted by Friday! That salad looks right up my alley–I agree that I wish I had the time and energy to prepare such a magical meal each day:-)

36 Jenny February 24, 2014 at 9:53 am

So glad I’m not alone in the jean department! ;-) And I think I’d have a hard time putting that cute face to bed too! His facial expressions crack me up! He’s seems very animated. :)
Jenny recently posted..Lots of Marvelous, and More in Store