Weekend Highlights {3/10}

by Courtney on March 10, 2014

Hey hey! How’s everyone doing today? I’m excited because I took some pictures for once over the weekend, so I actually have a bit more to share with you all this morning. It was a really, really great weekend for no special reasons other than I got to spend it all with family, which is what I look forward to all week long.

Friday night we ordered Sushi take-out from our favorite local sushi spot.

We shared one of their specialty roles (for the locals, the Siena roll is AMAZING) and then I had a salmon/avocado and half of a California roll.

While Jay was out picking up our dinner, he also happened to pick up some dessert from Stewart’s for us, too. Ohh, he’s such a smart man.

They had hand packed pints on sale so he picked up a pint of their Philly Apple Pie for me (OMG it’s freakin’ amazing) and I topped it off with some vanilla cupcake flavored Goldfish. (How they managed to get in my shopping cart recently, I just do not know. But I DO know  that Jamie would approve of this snack). Winking smile

I’m pretty sure I was asleep before 10pm Friday night, and then we were up and at ‘em nice and early on Saturday. Granted, we’re always up nice and early, but we’re never usually “presentable” or ready for the day until at least noon. But we were out the door late in the morning to head to a birthday party for one of our cousins’ son.

It was a Mickey Mouse theme…and I just about died over those ears.

While we were there we all had some snacks to eat, and Lucas even tried out some pieces of a homemade carrot applesauce muffin. I’d be surprised if he managed to get more than five pieces actually in his mouth, but it was good practice.

The party tuckered all of us out and concluded right around this guy’s nap time, so we packed it up and hit the road back home.

Lucas continued napping once we got home, so mommy and daddy took advantage of the down time and decided to close our eyes too…

IMG_5538IMG_5539

Which turned into an hour and a half afternoon nap for all of us. Ohh, how I wish I could do that more often.

Saturday evening was spent with all of my boys. There was some more practice with finger foods…

Sweet potatoes for everyone (ours were topped with some chili, melted cheese, and avocado…heck yes)…

Cuddle time with my fur ball Cody…

And another early bedtime. Winking smile

Sunday started off a bit later than usual (although, technically, not really) thanks to daylight savings time. We had a lazy morning, as usual, and sipped on some coffee while playing with the babe.

Once he was down for his nap, Jay made me breakfast, which was an egg sandwich with provolone and turkey bacon on a sandwich thin. Ohh, it was so so good.

And shortly after breakfast digested, it was time for a workout. I recently downloaded the Nike Training Club app after Chelsey told me how wicked (awesome) of a workout it was.

Well ho-leee crap, she wasn’t kidding. I did my first workout on Friday and attempted my second on Sunday and all I can say is…wow.

Obviously, as you can tell, I have some workout ADD these days and I’m not really following any specific type of a plan (running, T25, Nike Training Club app). This is pretty typical of me…I just like to roll with what I’m in the mood for. We’ll see how long I stick with the NTC app but I will say that, for now, it’s freakin’ awesome.

After a quick grocery shop Sunday afternoon, the three of us were out the door again to head to my parents’ house for an early dinner. Mom said she was making a full turkey dinner with all fixins’, so there was no way we could miss out on that.

Mmmm mmmmmmm.

Of course, grandma and grandpa were thrilled to have some QT with their favorite (only) grandson.

And that pretty much sums up our weekend!

So now, here we are back at Monday once again. Here’s to hoping it’s a quick, productive, and fun week ahead!

1 Tiff March 10, 2014 at 6:36 am

Those ears!!! What a cutie!
Jay is definitely a smart man. My hubby needs to pick up on that ice cream trick.
Tiff recently posted..Baby-Free

2 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 10, 2014 at 6:38 am

Looks like such a fun weekend! Family time is the best, and a nice long nap thrown in the mix doesn’t hurt either!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Sunday Snapshots – 3/9

3 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves March 10, 2014 at 6:57 am

Naps, sushi, family time and an awesome workout? Sounds like a winner of a weekend to me! I will definitely follow after you and top my sweet potato like that the next time I have one. Drool.
NTC workouts are definitely no joke!
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..Weekend Confessions II {MIMM #26}

4 Lauren March 10, 2014 at 7:06 am

Lucas in those ears is making my Monday. :) Glad you had a good weekend hun!

5 Katie March 10, 2014 at 7:06 am

Sushi is the BEST. We like to get sushi in too from a favorite spot here and there. So good!

Oh the mickey ears, I die! Lucas looks adorable in them! Rocco is obsessed with Mickey Mouse, and we actually just bought him a little Mickey that talks this past weekend. I am doing his first birthday party mickey style! Although it will be a very small ( just close family ) party, I have been pinning little ideas for it already!

Glad your weekend was great!

Katie xo
Katie recently posted..MIMM #90 Just a Quiet Weekend {Snapshots}

6 Linz @ Itz Linz March 10, 2014 at 7:27 am

fun!! those mickey mouse ears are seriously TOO CUTE!!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..School Baby Shower

7 Heather @fitncookies March 10, 2014 at 7:28 am

The family naptime looks like the best idea. I meant to take a nap this weekend but never got around to it! I hate when that happens. This time change has confused me.. This morning was rough waking up! I’m with you on switching up the workouts. Sometime’s its just nice not to have a plan and do something you know will kick your butt but leave you feeling great :)
Heather @fitncookies recently posted..St. Patrick’s Day Party: MIMM

8 Chrissy @pinkpolishandrunningshoes March 10, 2014 at 8:23 am

I LOVE the Nike Training Club app. I just discovered it too and it’s amazing! Every workout I’ve done so far has been really challenging in a good way :)

9 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List March 10, 2014 at 8:27 am

all your food. i want it. (especially that ice cream)
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..scenes from the weekend

10 Parita @ myinnershakti March 10, 2014 at 9:02 am

Those mouse ears! So cute!

And I like your fitness philosophy – I’m the same way. I do the things I like, no matter how eclectic the mix!

11 Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne March 10, 2014 at 9:03 am

Yay for relaxing days with the family!! And wow that ice cream sounds good! I would have killed for a napped this weekend, but I had too much homework haha plus I would have slept for more than was needed. Have a great Monday :)
Chelsea @ A Fit LittleOne recently posted..“Fried” Edamame

12 Jenn@Mark My Miles! March 10, 2014 at 9:03 am

What a lovely weekend! Just the right amount of fun, relaxation and family time ; )
Jenn@Mark My Miles! recently posted..Iceland + YOU?

13 Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog March 10, 2014 at 9:06 am

Ohhhh, I definitely approve of your ice cream-topped with Cupcake Goldfish. Aren’t they the best?? I like a lot of the flavors, but none will surpass Cupcake. I’m currently on a Parmesan Goldfish kick…

And, I love the Nike Training Club App – I can’t perform one of those workouts without feeling a major burn the next day :-)
Jamie @ Sometimes Healthy Living Blog recently posted..A Sometimes Healthy Weekend in O-Town

14 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries March 10, 2014 at 9:19 am

Sounds like a great weekend all around! I never appreciated a good nap as much as I do now that I have Hunter. :) They don’t happen often, but when they do happen, it sure is a treat. I’ve been hearing lots of positive things about the Nike Training App. After my half, I’m going to look into it to get some more workout ideas!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..My Mom is the Best, Friends, & Tapering Begins

15 Brynn March 10, 2014 at 9:50 am

Yum, I love sushi nights! My husband doesn’t eat it, so I love to have a girls night out for lots of sushi.
Brynn recently posted..The Best Homemade Granola

16 Jess @dearhealthyness March 10, 2014 at 10:02 am

Lucas looked lovely with the ears!!! It seems like a nice familiar weekend :D

17 Britt@MyOwnBalance March 10, 2014 at 10:05 am

That photo of Lucas yawning just kills me! So adorable!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Facing Your Fears and Coming Out on Top

18 Melanie @ Beautifully Nutty March 10, 2014 at 10:21 am

I’m doing my grocery shopping today and I am getting everything for that sweet potato combo you made. I love sweet and salty so I really think I would love that dish!

19 Alaina March 10, 2014 at 10:50 am

Looks like such a great weekend! I took a nap myself yesterday…almost two hours. Woops! I haven’t done that in a while.

Those mouse ears are killing me; Lucas is so cute!

Have a great week!
Alaina recently posted..Race’s #4 And #5: St. Pat’s 5K and Celtic 5K

20 Shel@PeachyPalate March 10, 2014 at 11:08 am

I LOVE the Nike training app! Which workout did you choose first? I love the Advanced Razor Sharp and Extreme Full Body!

21 Crystal D. March 10, 2014 at 11:17 am

OMG those Mickey ears and jean jacket ARE TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!! Soooo cute!!!!!

22 Maria March 10, 2014 at 11:17 am

Okay, now I want a Thanksgiving meal! Once a year for turkey is hardly enough (though honestly, the sides are where its at!)

Please tell me you got to keep the ears!
Maria recently posted..Mardi Gras Madness 5K

23 Kaylie @ FitnessMovesYou March 10, 2014 at 11:46 am

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Those Mickey ears are just too adorable! :)
Kaylie @ FitnessMovesYou recently posted..Dancing to Disney Songs & #FFMarchMiles

24 Kayla March 10, 2014 at 11:56 am

NTC app is the best!! I have had it for a few months now and use the 15 minute get-focused workouts paired with weight-training just about everyday and I still have yet to get bored!

25 Nicole March 10, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Family-time weekends are the best!! :)

How is Cody doing with Lucas these days??

26 Katy Sullivan March 10, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Great weekend! I need to find a take out sushi place! It’s been too long since I enjoyed a spicy tuna roll. :-(
Katy Sullivan recently posted..Flavor of the Week: Ben & Jerry’s Core Ice Cream

27 Jenny March 10, 2014 at 12:39 pm

LOVE the Mickey ears. :)
Jenny recently posted..Pug-tastic Monday

28 Jess March 10, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Loooooooove (and totally miss!) hand-packed pints of Stewart’s apple pie ice cream! Got some when we were home for Christmas! My husband’s a huge peanut butter pandemonium! Looking forward to some more when I come home in April, as well as some Kay’s pizza!!!! We are so lucky with our local food favs!!!!

29 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles March 10, 2014 at 1:08 pm

So I think he should be wearing those ears as a regular thing ;-) so cute! And I just downloaded the Nike Training App a few weeks ago…I’ve only tried the stretching/yoga workouts so far but I’m liking it!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Spill It Sunday: All About Healthy Fats.

30 Sarah @ Sweet Miles March 10, 2014 at 2:03 pm

That sweet potato looks AMAZING!!! Ooh an hour and a half nap sounds amazing right about now! PS it’s National Nap Day!! Who even knew that was a thing??
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Today Will Be a Good Day

31 Colleen @ Evolution not Revolution March 10, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Lucas’ Mickey ears are adorable!!!!
Colleen @ Evolution not Revolution recently posted..Sometimes it’s good to take a step back

32 Annette@FitnessPerks March 10, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Oh those mickey ears!!

I want a NAP. Like now! haha
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Weekend Highlights {6 Words}

33 Kim @FITsique March 10, 2014 at 7:47 pm

Gosh he is so stinkin cute! Looks like you had a great weekend. I always wish I lived a little closer to family so that I could spend weekends with them whenever I wanted!
Kim @FITsique recently posted..IIFYM: If It Fits Your Macros – An Introduction To Flexible Dieting

34 Nancy March 10, 2014 at 8:39 pm

Aww I love your weekend posts – such a fun family weekend. Lucas in that yawning photo? Totally makes me want to have a baby. I’m even taking prenatal pills! LOL. Maybe soon :)

35 Ellie@Fit for the soul March 10, 2014 at 8:51 pm

What a cutiepie he is!!! Hehe, love that picture of him yawning.
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Much Needed Girl Time

36 Presley @ Run Pretty Blog March 11, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Those ears are so adorable. And, yes, that app is WICKED.
Presley @ Run Pretty Blog recently posted..So That’s Why They Call It A Red-Eye

37 Lauren March 11, 2014 at 1:35 pm

He is getting SO big.

38 Lauren March 11, 2014 at 5:43 pm

I have been trying to email you through your contact, but I have had a hard time getting it to send because of an incorrect code. Hmmmm…..Any, way I am an avid reader of your blog! I love it so much :) I think the reason that i enjoy it so much is because I see a lot of my story in yours. I am a 3rd grade teacher right now in Charlotte, NC. I have been contemplating making a career change into the fitness industry for over a year. I received my 200 hour yoga teacher certification back in October and I am now studying for NASM certification. I was wondering if you could offer any advice on studying and preparing for the test. Anything I should really focus on? Also, I was wondering what role you have in the fitness industry? And even more personally, what kind of pay do you earn (only if you feel comfortable sharing ). Any advice would be incredible!

Best,