Looking Forward To…

It’s the sickness that doesn’t want to leave our household…oooof.

Thankfully by Sunday, Lucas started acting a bit more like himself, despite the fact that he’s still sporting quite the runny nose, nasty cough, and now, a raspy and hoarse little voice. Poor guy.

Unfortunately, my inklings on Friday that I was also catching it proved correct. I spent the entire day Saturday in my pajamas without even showering. Sunday and Monday I was pretty certain my head may just explode from pressure, and while I’ve been lucky thus far that it hasn’t happened, things haven’t gotten much better so I’m staying home from work sick today. That whole thing about “getting plenty of rest” when you’re sick isn’t exactly the easiest thing when you’ve also got a sick baby in the house!

I’m really looking forward to…

…being able to smell again

…actually tasting the food that I’m eating

…not being a slave to my tissue box

…having a nose that isn’t raw and red

…being able to get back to exercise again (my mind is soooo ready, but my body isn’t quite there)

So in order to have those things (hopefully) happen sooner rather than later, I’m taking today to fully rest up! But in the meantime, feel free to take a peek at some of the things I’ve recently been pinning on Pinterest (I go through phases…apparently I’m in a pin. all. the. things. phase right now)…

(You can click on each picture to bring you to its link)

YUM.

LOVE Kristin’s recipes.

I need to go shopping for spring clothes in a BAD way…so hoping my upcoming Stitch Fix has some items that look similar to these.

OMG.

I want my hair to do this SO badly (thanks, Brianne, for sending this to me!).

I’m already thinking ahead to Lucas’s first birthday…whaaaaaat?

Alright my friends, that’s all I’ve got for ya today. Hopefully I’ll be back with ya’ll tomorrow. Winking smile

Comments

Ohhh no, so sorry you’re not feeling well now! Rest up and drink lotsa water.

I totally go in phases with Pinterest too. I find that ecard funny because I’m not even in my 30’s yet, and I already have all of those things happening. Ha! Love all those spring outfits you pinned! I’m excited to see what you get in your StitchFix box.

Hope you and lil Lucas have a good day! Feel better soon! xoxo
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..JAVAPRO Was Made For Me

Awww getting sick with a sick baby is so not fun! I hope you feel better and get some rest today. I love that hair style too!

I hope you feel better soon! I made that crunchy taco thing last night for dinner and it was SO good and SO easy!!! I used turkey meat b/c that’s what we had and I skipped the onion (too lazy to chop). It came out great!

4. Amelia @i_heart_kale says

Oh girl, I’m sorry you are feeling under the weather. Being sick on top of a sick baby can’t be any fun. :( Let me know if you need a care package from the south.

Those pins are so cute and the one of the spring clothes has my name written all over it! LOVE those colors. Btw, if you get a chance, where did you purchase your glasses? Brand of frames? I have been looking for new frames for years and I hate everything I put on my face.

• Courtney says

Aww you are too sweet Amelia! If they’re anything like your last goody package, I certainly can’t turn that down!! 😉

Oh man…my glasses are so old!!! I think they’re cosmopolitan brand? I remember getting them off of a clearance table at the vision center at Walmart lol!

So sorry to hear you both aren’t feeling well. I hope you are both better very, very soon!

I’m the same way with Pinterest. At my old job, I had a lot more free time and would spend lots of time on there pinning away. Now I’m lucky if I get 10 minutes a day. Probably better for my wallet – I’m such an impulsive buyer when I’m on there!
    Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Wordless Weekend Recap

I hope you both feel better soon! The dry, cracked, icky red nose is the worst with colds! It takes mine forever to heal, long after the cold is gone. Oh, and my son’s birthday is only a couple weeks off from Lucas’s and I am already planning his party as well. I have a secret board on Pinterest because I want it to be a fun surprise for everyone who comes!
    Eryn @ BlondMindedBrunette.com recently posted..Weekend Recap 3/25/14

Oh noo, hope you’re feeling 100% healed by tomorrow! And I don’t know if it’ll help you…but hot tea made of boiled ginger, lemon or orange peel, and some honey really helps with colds. Also, perhaps yoga will help you get back on your feet really soon?

And omgness, that hair is beauuuutiful!!! I’ll take one to go, please. 😉
    Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Guest Post: The Yoga Body Myth