Looking Forward To…

by Courtney on March 25, 2014

It’s the sickness that doesn’t want to leave our household…oooof.

Thankfully by Sunday, Lucas started acting a bit more like himself, despite the fact that he’s still sporting quite the runny nose, nasty cough, and now, a raspy and hoarse little voice. Poor guy.

Unfortunately, my inklings on Friday that I was also catching it proved correct. I spent the entire day Saturday in my pajamas without even showering. Sunday and Monday I was pretty certain my head may just explode from pressure, and while I’ve been lucky thus far that it hasn’t happened, things haven’t gotten much better so I’m staying home from work sick today. That whole thing about “getting plenty of rest” when you’re sick isn’t exactly the easiest thing when you’ve also got a sick baby in the house!

I’m really looking forward to…

…being able to smell again

…actually tasting the food that I’m eating

…not being a slave to my tissue box

…having a nose that isn’t raw and red

…being able to get back to exercise again (my mind is soooo ready, but my body isn’t quite there)

So in order to have those things (hopefully) happen sooner rather than later, I’m taking today to fully rest up! But in the meantime, feel free to take a peek at some of the things I’ve recently been pinning on Pinterest (I go through phases…apparently I’m in a pin. all. the. things. phase right now)…

(You can click on each picture to bring you to its link)

YUM.

LOVE Kristin’s recipes.

I need to go shopping for spring clothes in a BAD way…so hoping my upcoming Stitch Fix has some items that look similar to these.

OMG.

I want my hair to do this SO badly (thanks, Brianne, for sending this to me!).

I’m already thinking ahead to Lucas’s first birthday…whaaaaaat?

Alright my friends, that’s all I’ve got for ya today. Hopefully I’ll be back with ya’ll tomorrow. Winking smile

1 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige March 25, 2014 at 9:05 am

Mmmm taco hamburger helper sound delish! Pinning that…I see you’ve gone on a pinning splurge lately? :) Love the outfits – we have very similar style!!
Feel better, girl! xo
Paige @ Your Trainer Paige recently posted..8 Tips to Have a Positive Body Image and Stop Obsessive Eating Habits

2 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries March 25, 2014 at 9:06 am

Ohhh no, so sorry you’re not feeling well now! Rest up and drink lotsa water.

I totally go in phases with Pinterest too. I find that ecard funny because I’m not even in my 30’s yet, and I already have all of those things happening. Ha! Love all those spring outfits you pinned! I’m excited to see what you get in your StitchFix box.

Hope you and lil Lucas have a good day! Feel better soon! xoxo
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..JAVAPRO Was Made For Me

3 Kim @FITsique March 25, 2014 at 9:08 am

I am so sorry you are still sick! I had a nasty cold two weeks ago and it took about 4 days for me to feel back to myself. Hopefully you are on the mend and can recover soon. Stay hydrated!
Kim @FITsique recently posted..Tracking Your Macros – The Ultimate Guide

4 Presley @ Run Pretty March 25, 2014 at 9:13 am

Sorry y’all aren’t feeling well! That’s he worst. I get my first Stitchfix next month. Here’s to hoping it makes me fashionable over night. ;)
Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted..And Now I Hate All Metal Bed Frames Forever

5 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine March 25, 2014 at 9:15 am

Ohhh no! Y’all get well soon! That’s rough. Those toffee bars…oh my word. WOWOWOW. I think I need to try them!

6 Britt@MyOwnBalance March 25, 2014 at 9:25 am

I love all those outfits! I am so ready for spring! That hair is gorgeous! I wish mine would do that too!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..The Busy Girl’s Guide: The Best Meal Prep Services

7 Linz @ Itz Linz March 25, 2014 at 9:43 am

i’ve pinned liked 85 cookie dough recipes lately lol
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..34 Weeks Pregnant | Diaper Discussion

8 Ali March 25, 2014 at 9:44 am

Awww getting sick with a sick baby is so not fun! I hope you feel better and get some rest today. I love that hair style too!

9 jessica March 25, 2014 at 10:00 am

And now I want to stay home from work and bake! sigh…
Hope you feel better. Maybe making some of those goodies will help :)
jessica recently posted..Monday Linkage

10 Kammie @ Sensual Appeal March 25, 2014 at 10:09 am

Oh I love the outfits, super duper cute! :)
And the photo of you and Lucas = adorable. Glad he’s feeling better.
Kammie @ Sensual Appeal recently posted..Java Mocha Gluten Free Protein Waffles Recipe – Good Morning Waffles!

11 Shel@PeachyPalate March 25, 2014 at 11:00 am

ah really hope you feel 100% soon!!! Awesome hair, gorgeous blondies and 30s…I’m there already and I’m only 26!

12 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat March 25, 2014 at 11:07 am

Being sick is NO fun! I had the stomach bug last week. Ugh! I hope you feel better asap!

Those toffee chocolate chips bars…OMG!! I need to make them!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..I LOVE Carbs

13 Lauri March 25, 2014 at 11:07 am

I hope you feel better soon! I made that crunchy taco thing last night for dinner and it was SO good and SO easy!!! I used turkey meat b/c that’s what we had and I skipped the onion (too lazy to chop). It came out great!

14 Annette@FitnessPerks March 25, 2014 at 11:28 am

Feel better soon!!

Those outfits are super cute that you pinned–I love the spring colors in the one on the right.
Annette@FitnessPerks recently posted..Learning to Lose the Guilt

15 Amelia @i_heart_kale March 25, 2014 at 11:39 am

Oh girl, I’m sorry you are feeling under the weather. Being sick on top of a sick baby can’t be any fun. :( Let me know if you need a care package from the south.

Those pins are so cute and the one of the spring clothes has my name written all over it! LOVE those colors. Btw, if you get a chance, where did you purchase your glasses? Brand of frames? I have been looking for new frames for years and I hate everything I put on my face.

16 Courtney March 25, 2014 at 5:12 pm

Aww you are too sweet Amelia! If they’re anything like your last goody package, I certainly can’t turn that down!! ;-)

Oh man…my glasses are so old!!! I think they’re cosmopolitan brand? I remember getting them off of a clearance table at the vision center at Walmart lol!

17 Lauren @ LoveChocolateLife March 25, 2014 at 11:49 am

I HATE being sick.. i have had about 3 head colds this winter.. TERRIBLE so I feel your pain :( I hate eating buuuut nothing tasting normal. The absolute worst isnot being able to sleep at night bc you cant breathe through your nose ahh. Also, I LOVE that hair do, I wish my hair did things like that !!!
Lauren @ LoveChocolateLife recently posted..This or That ? (Food Style Survey)

18 Stacie@SimplySouthernStacie March 25, 2014 at 11:53 am

Aw sorry to hear you are sick now! Get lots of rest and hope you feel better!
Stacie@SimplySouthernStacie recently posted..Texas Forever

19 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun March 25, 2014 at 12:03 pm

I want my hair to do that as well but every time I try it NEVER looks like that.

I have been battling my sickness since Friday and it still won’t seem to go away! UGH! Hope you feel better soon.
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..My Ultimate Workout Recovery Reference List

20 Angela @ Simply Fresh Fare March 25, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Feel better! Ugh, I never truly believed the pin about 30s was true, until I recently turned 30!

21 Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire March 25, 2014 at 1:28 pm

So sorry to hear you both aren’t feeling well. I hope you are both better very, very soon!

I’m the same way with Pinterest. At my old job, I had a lot more free time and would spend lots of time on there pinning away. Now I’m lucky if I get 10 minutes a day. Probably better for my wallet – I’m such an impulsive buyer when I’m on there!
Claire @ Keeping Up With Claire recently posted..Wordless Weekend Recap

22 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles March 25, 2014 at 2:34 pm

Aww, I hope both you and baby boy start feeling better soon!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..My Strategies for Eating a High-Calorie Diet.

23 Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily March 25, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Hope you both feel better soon!!!
Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily recently posted..Indoor Grilling

24 Eryn @ BlondMindedBrunette.com March 25, 2014 at 5:17 pm

I hope you both feel better soon! The dry, cracked, icky red nose is the worst with colds! It takes mine forever to heal, long after the cold is gone. Oh, and my son’s birthday is only a couple weeks off from Lucas’s and I am already planning his party as well. I have a secret board on Pinterest because I want it to be a fun surprise for everyone who comes!
Eryn @ BlondMindedBrunette.com recently posted..Weekend Recap 3/25/14

25 Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment March 25, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Love the clothing finds. Feel better soon!
Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment recently posted..No Agave Wanted

26 Nancy March 25, 2014 at 7:03 pm

All those outfits I could definitely see you (and myself!!) wearing!

27 Leigha @ Minougirl March 25, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Hope you’re feeling better soon!! I always forget how terrible colds are until I actually get one. Nasty!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Youth in Government 2014

28 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake March 25, 2014 at 7:51 pm

Hope you feel better soon!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Current Fitness Favorites

29 Ellie@Fit for the soul March 25, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Oh noo, hope you’re feeling 100% healed by tomorrow! And I don’t know if it’ll help you…but hot tea made of boiled ginger, lemon or orange peel, and some honey really helps with colds. Also, perhaps yoga will help you get back on your feet really soon?

And omgness, that hair is beauuuutiful!!! I’ll take one to go, please. ;)
Ellie@Fit for the soul recently posted..Guest Post: The Yoga Body Myth

30 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 25, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Oh no!! Feel better!! (both you AND lucas!)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Tuesday Temptations

31 Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers March 25, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Get well soon!! (Hope your little man is back to 100% soon too!) Oh, and if you make any of those toffee chocolate bars, send some my way…
Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted..Bit-O-Fit

32 Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! March 25, 2014 at 10:32 pm

I am so sorry you are still sick. I hope you feel better soon! I have that exact same haircut pinned, but I’m not sure my hair would do it either!
Lauren @ Fun, Fit and Fabulous! recently posted..SMART Goal Setting For My Third Trimester

33 Katy March 26, 2014 at 7:00 pm

I have heard fantastic things about Stitch Fix! I’m anxious to see your review!
Katy recently posted..WIAW: Leftover City