WIAW: Recycled

by Courtney on June 11, 2014

Ok, seriously. Is there something in the air the past couple of days? Because I feel like my allergies are suddenly all out of whack. Itchy throat, tingly nose, water eyes…the whole nine. Blahhhh.

Luckily, there are much worse things in life to complain about so I’m gonna just leave it at that. Winking smile Instead, let’s move right on to today’s WIAW post (aka, What I Ate Tuesday).

Breakfast

A whole wheat sandwich thin with peanut butter & banana + …umm…another cookie dough iced coffee.

Can’t stop. Won’t stop.

Mid-Morning Snack

Surprisingly enough, I wasn’t really even all that hungry but wanted to eat something more just for the sake of eating so I snacked on a package of belVita biscuits.

IMG_6656Recycled pic, as delicious as always.

Lunch

Lunchtime salads are pretty much my favorite way to work on reaching my daily veggie intake goal. This one had all the usuals, but I was pumped to finally get some avocados that were actually good (I’ve had horrible luck the past few weeks…AND they’re like, $2.00 a piece. SO not cool).

More exciting than that salad there, however, is the note sitting right next to it. Deep tissue massage for this mama on Saturday! Woot woot!

Mid-Afternoon Snack

After work this afternoon, I headed out to BJ’s for a few items to stock up on, and a few new items for summer, and snacked on a cookie dough Quest bar on the way.

recycled photo again

BJ’s recently sent me a gift card to check out some of their in-club items for easy and affordable summer entertaining. (And just a heads up…BJ’s is currently  providing a free 60-day trial membership through July 8 so everyone can shop, even if you aren’t currently a member!).

One of the items I already knew I wanted to get my hands on was one of these beverage dispensers.

I know this will come in handy next month for Lucas’s birthday, and I’m sure it’ll get a ton of use throughout the rest of the summer, too. I’m envisioning a big ol’ thing of homemade sangria up in there. Winking smile

Knowing that our pool will (hopefully!) be back up and running soon with a new liner, I figured I’d see if they had any pool floats…

And they sure did! I decided to snag this jumbo mattress float and have totally “tagged” this is MY float for the season.

I even told Jay…what you see on the package is what you’ll see in our pool. Mwahaha.

Amongst some other food items I needed to get (and didn’t necessarily “need” but wanted…aka, the chocolates you can see below), I also found an adorable little pair of water shoes for Lucas and some new sunscreen.

IMG_6727IMG_6726

Thanks again for the gift card, BJ’s!

Dinner

Jay and I had pizza on Friday night and for whatever reason, I wound up ordering a 12-cut for just the two of us. Umm, we have lots of leftovers. Or, had.

We decided to heat up a couple of slices for each of us (topped with sausage, peppers, and onions, mmmmm!) and I had some leftover steamed broccoli on the side.

The other dish hiding out in the corner there wasn’t mine…that belonged to this babe and included a little “baby” omelet (aka, egg yolk + cheese) and sweet potatoes.

Side note: I absolutely love the way he’s always crossing his feet. Too. Stinkin. Cute.

Dessert

Because I can’t go a night without dessert…

That is, once again, another recycled photo right there, but it is one of the most amazing desserts ever. A must-try, if ya ask me.

And that’s that! Another WIAW in the books…and now it’s time to get this work day started (although I am working from home on Wednesdays for the next couple of months which I’m certainly not complaining about!). Hope you guys have a great one! Smile

1 Brynn June 11, 2014 at 6:18 am

Avocados and a massage all in one week, that’s a good one in my books! I love adding avocado to my salads and then mixing it it so it acts like a dressing. Yum!
Brynn recently posted..My Farmers Market Trip and Tips

2 Linz @ Itz Linz June 11, 2014 at 6:52 am

big pizza? giiiirl we always order the largest size possible! pizza leftovers are the best! and dessert every night? yes please! here too! sometimes a couple times a day!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..#PileOnTheVeggies at Subway GIVEAWAY

3 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie June 11, 2014 at 7:19 am

There is no shame in ordering a big pizza…or finishing the pizza within two nights ; )

4 chelcie @ chelcie's food files June 11, 2014 at 7:26 am

i’m totally with you on the allergies. I normally never have bad allergies but this week I haven’t been able to stop sneezing! That pizza looks like heaven.
chelcie @ chelcie’s food files recently posted..A Few of my Favorite Things

5 Ashley June 11, 2014 at 7:45 am

Lilly from Complexions is my absolutely favorite massage therapist! I see her every month for a deep tissue massage. If you haven’t had her before you will love her!

6 Courtney June 11, 2014 at 11:22 am

Oh, really!? YAY!! Now I’m even MORE excited!! :-D

7 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl June 11, 2014 at 8:12 am

Looks like a lovely day of eats! Those little feetsies… baby feet are just the cutest!
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Salad for Breakfast

8 Britt@MyOwnBalance June 11, 2014 at 8:48 am

Those baby feet are too cute! All your food looks so tasty!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..It’s a . . .

9 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 11, 2014 at 8:51 am

The chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bar is one of my favs! I actually just bought a box of the cookies n’ cream. I can’t wait to try that flavor out!

BJ’s is the best! We have a membership there and go all the time. In fact, I think I need to make a trip there this week!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..WIAW #43 – Lots of Yumminess

10 Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse June 11, 2014 at 8:57 am

Yum! That dessert looks delicious, and that pizza with the veggies, yummy! Your little man is adorable ha, his little crossed feet are so stinking cute.

11 Shel@PeachyPalate June 11, 2014 at 9:36 am

Drink dispensers is such a good idea!! Kids and jugs or bottles = a whole host of spillages!!! Why no egg white in the omelet??

12 Courtney June 11, 2014 at 11:24 am

Haha, didn’t you already ask me this, Shel?! ;)

“They” say to avoid the whites until they’re a year old, since they can be more allergenic to kids than the yolks.

13 Shel@PeachyPalate June 11, 2014 at 4:11 pm

Ah ok! I never heard of that one! Good to know!
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..My favourite take out….Kung Pao Chicken

14 Karen June 11, 2014 at 10:20 am

I was looking at his little crossed feet before I even read your sidenote about them and was thinking the exact same thing. He is such a cutie Courtney :)

15 Courtney June 11, 2014 at 11:25 am

Haha, thanks so much Karen! :)

16 Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health June 11, 2014 at 10:57 am

Getting a bad avocado is the worst! Especially when they’re so expensive.

I’m super jealous of that pool float! That’s all I’ve been wanting to do lately…with a drink too, of course. Does it have a cup holder? Ha!
Sarah @ Making Thyme for Health recently posted..East Maui: Road to Hana

17 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 11, 2014 at 12:37 pm

I am NOT loving how much avocados are costing lately either. So sad! I feel like I have to ration them out when I really just want to eat the whole thing. Ha!

Hunter crosses his feet all the time too! It cracks me up. He’ll do it in his high chair, in the car seat, sitting on the couch, you name it. Hilarious.

I have yet to try that yogurt concoction! Need to get on that one.
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..A Huge Thanks – Blend ‘14 (Part II)

18 Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl June 11, 2014 at 1:27 pm

What do you think of Quest bars? My gym sells them but I haven’t tried one yet…
Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl recently posted..Two Years

19 Polly @ Tasty Food Project June 11, 2014 at 1:43 pm

I could really enjoy some pool time right now! That jumbo mattress looks so relaxing!
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..Trying New Things + Coconut Cashew Butter

20 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine June 11, 2014 at 4:34 pm

I still need to try Quest bars! I wish they were available more places!

21 ellie @ fit for the soul June 11, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Lol, I was thinking the same exact thing about Lucas’ feet! And I’ve been thinking about getting one of those drink container/dispensers…not sure if I’ll use it as much as you, though :D
ellie @ fit for the soul recently posted..Dinner at Angara+Going Behind the Scenes

22 Mary June 12, 2014 at 9:45 am

Have you tried OTC eye allergy drops (NOT the decongestant type otherwise you can experience a nasty rebound effect when you discontinue), just the antihistamine type? I noticed that my allergies, all around, were much better, even when I forgot to take Claritin (which I take year-round). My dentist said it’s because the eye drops get absorbed by the sinuses. By the way, my allergies have been out of control since the birth of my daughter four years ago. Not sure if the two are related or not, but I’ve heard about this before from other women.

23 Courtney June 12, 2014 at 9:51 am

Hmmm, no I haven’t tried that yet, Mary. That’s a great idea though! Thanks for the tip! :)