Fun Facts Friday {6/13}

by Courtney on June 13, 2014

1. Today is Friday the 13th. Beware today, my friends. You’re welcome.

2. Next week, our area is getting its first ever Whole Foods. I’ve only been a couple of times in my life (once while blogger grocery shopping, the other while at FitBloggin’ back in 2011).

I’m pretty pumped about it, but I feel like I’d be insane to even attempt going to it within the first few months of opening. If it’s anything like when Trader Joe’s opened up in our area a couple of years ago, then it’s gonna be a madhouse.

3. Thanks to Chelsey giving me the push, I wound up checking out Hobby Lobby for the first time yesterday during my lunch hour. We only have one of them around here, which opened up a couple of years ago (I think?) but it’s, like, the best store ever. Think Michael’s + Marshalls all in one. I could have done some major damage in that place.

4. I am totally back in my morning workout groove right now and I. Am. Loving. It. This week, I managed 4 workouts(!), which included some kickboxing, two days of yoga, and a strength/cardio NTC app workout. It feels so nice to finally have a bit of a routine again, but wow have I been huuuuungry.

5. My allergies were nutzo last night. Like, I could not step away from the box of tissues for a good two hours. Oh, and speaking of allergies…did I tell you guys that I started up getting my allergy shots again? After discovering that my current insurance doesn’t require copays for every single visit (1-2x/week right now) I knew I had to stop putting it off and go back again…something’s gotta give on these bajillion allergies I have.

6. I have a super odd, kinda gross obsession with blackheads. It’s ridiculous, and it’s been that way for yearrrrrs. Even when I still lived at home with my parents and brother, I would beg my brother to let me squeeze his blackheads (I know, right?). And even today, I will spend a stupid amount of time fixating on one. I don’t know…something about the satisfaction of finally getting rid of it I guess? But anywho, now that I’ve totally grossed you out…

7. So yesterday, I was totally the mom that freaks out and brings her baby to the doctor’s office because…well, basically, he was crying. Yep. I’m sure the nurses were laughing at me, but it’s cool. In my defense, he was inconsolably crying when I picked him up from the sitter (I had never seen him that way before ever…broke my heart) and there was just something about it that totally freaked me out. So I just went with my gut, and thankfully everything checked out okay and he was fine the rest of the evening. Who knows…maybe the boy just had to fart.

8. Speaking of the boy…

For about the past week or so, we officially have a walker on our hands. Lord, help us.

Happy Friday, friends! Have a great day and a fab weekend (and Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there!) Smile

1 Healthy Diva June 13, 2014 at 6:16 am

Happy Friday!

We are finally getting a Whole Foods close to me next year, and I can’t wait! It’s a great thing, but bad thing for the wallet! Just so glad we will have one close. Our area has had a froyo boom lately, 3 new froyo places have opened up this year right by me. Crazy, but I am happy!

Hobby Lobby, getting one of those right by me too! Never been, but excited to go because I hear it rocks!

Little man will be running soon, such a big boy! Can’t believe our boys will be one, crazy how fast the time went!

Hope you, Jay, and Lucas have a great weekend! <3

2 Courtney June 13, 2014 at 10:12 am

Haha, we’ve gotten a ton of fro yo places in the past year too!

And seriously…it IS super crazy that we’re gonna have one year olds. How did that even happen?!? :)

3 Kim @FITsique June 13, 2014 at 6:31 am

Happy Friday and weekend! Whole Foods is great, but a little pricey for my liking. I find I can get what I need at TJ’s or the local good foods store. It’s always exciting to get a new grocery store though, and knowing WF I am sure they will have some fun events! Glad Lucas is doing well now!
Kim @FITsique recently posted..10 Superfoods You Should Start Eating Today

4 Brynn June 13, 2014 at 7:01 am

A walker and Whole Foods – that’s one heck of a week!! I agree, that store will be a zoo, but I love going to mine. They have some great items!
Brynn recently posted..Confessions of a Healthy Living Blogger, Part III

5 Andrea @ Pencils and Pancakes June 13, 2014 at 7:06 am

Rumor is Buffalo is getting a Whole Foods too….I will DEFINITELY be making the hour drive for that!
Andrea @ Pencils and Pancakes recently posted..Teaching Omnivore’s Dilemma

6 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie June 13, 2014 at 7:11 am

We are getting our first Whole Foods this fall. I’m probably going to go crazy! I’ve never been in one before.

7 Krystan June 13, 2014 at 7:12 am

Our son started walking at about Lucas’ age as well! Its wierd having a toddler so young!

Who knows if anyone else will comment on this, but I am the EXACT same way with blackheads. I used to do my mom’s and now my hubby’s :-) its so satisfying, lol. I do it when I’m stressed too though and that can lead to scab disasters.

Happy Friday!

8 Courtney June 13, 2014 at 10:13 am

Hahaha YAY for a fellow obsessed blackhead picker! :-D

9 Mindy June 13, 2014 at 7:28 am

I can’t believe Lucas is walking! My E(who is about 3 weeks older than Lucas) has been cruising furniture for 2 months and just won’t take the steps on his own. As soon as he realizing he is standing on his own he quickly sits down! Little stinker!

Happy friday!
Mindy recently posted..Favorites 6-13

10 Ashlee @ Ash's Right Direction June 13, 2014 at 7:28 am

A Hobby Lobby just opened off Exit 19 near the Panera I always go to and I have yet to go. I like the one in Latham, you just need time to browse because they are huge!

I need to get back into my morning workout routine or my workout routine period. I took a break from it when I was training for my half marathon.

My husband has been having an awful time with allergies the last week and usually he doesn’t start his allergies season until mid August, I am not sure what is going on.

Have a great weekend & Happy First Father’s Day to Jay!
Ashlee @ Ash’s Right Direction recently posted..5 on Friday

11 Molly June 13, 2014 at 7:39 am

Don’t feel bad about bringing your baby to the doctor. When my brother was a baby, he was crying inconsolably and when my mom brought him in, they discovered his blood cell count was dangerously low. Better safe than sorry! Happy Friday the 13th and Full Moon… Next time a day like this occurs will be in 2049!

12 Courtney June 13, 2014 at 10:14 am

Wow, really? (to both things you’ve said!) Crazy!

13 Sara @ LovingOnTheRun June 13, 2014 at 7:40 am

Wow I can’t believe he is walking already!! Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Father’s Day to Jay!!
Sara @ LovingOnTheRun recently posted..Moving From Pennsylvania To Virginia

14 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl June 13, 2014 at 7:44 am

No fair… I want a whole foods near me! What a cute little walker you have there. I hated that feeling when my babies were upset, but you didn’t know what was wrong with them. Better safe than sorry taking him to the doctor. I’m sure the staff just though, “what a good mother.” :)
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..Five Things Friday

15 Anoushé June 13, 2014 at 7:48 am

I am the same with blackheads.. dreadful, but just so much fun to squeeze xD All the men ever to walk in to my life have had to put up with it. I have no control
Anoushé recently posted..Thinking out Loud Thursday: Random Ramblings

16 Courtney June 13, 2014 at 10:16 am

Hahahaha!!!

17 Stacey M. June 13, 2014 at 7:55 am

I guess I’m the total opposite when it comes to the blackheads, or any blemish for that matter. I’m fine with my own, but it just grosses me out to think about messing around with someone else’s. As I always say, I have enough trouble dealing with my own bodily fluids, let alone anyone else’s. I guess that’s the main reason why I could never be a nurse or a doctor, and why I still hate hospitals.

And YES to Hobby Lobby! I can’t believe this was your first time there … definitely a store you can get lost in for sure! I haven’t been to the one near me (Utica, NY) but I usually stop by there in the fall. They usually have an amazing selection of autumn and Halloween decor, and they even have Christmas decor available then too.

Looking forward to some sunshine this weekend (that’s assuming this rain finally ends!) …

18 Courtney June 13, 2014 at 10:17 am

Oh, I totally agree with you, it’s disgusting…I just can’t help myself haha ;)

19 Linz @ Itz Linz June 13, 2014 at 8:10 am

ok i have a lot to do today so hopefully friday the 13th won’t haunt me lol
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..Starting Out As A New Mom

20 Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 13, 2014 at 8:28 am

I would love a Whole Foods to open up in my area! In fact, I’d also like a Trader Joe’s to open up as well! Either of those stores are located very close to us, so I’ve only been there once or twice.

Lucas is such a cutie! He looks awfully proud of himself!
Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted..Totally Random Bits of Info #18

21 Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse June 13, 2014 at 9:25 am

Way to go on your workouts girl! You are amazing! I too have a weird obsession with blackheads. I am always asking my husband and my little brother if I can pop them. I know it’s gross, but I can’t help it ha!
Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse recently posted..5 Friday Favorites

22 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List June 13, 2014 at 9:33 am

YAY for walking…it’s best (and the worst). ;)
Lindsay @ Lindsay’s List recently posted..#blend2014 photo recap (part I)

23 Parita @ myinnershakti June 13, 2014 at 9:37 am

I have an obsession with picking in general. It’s ridiculous. My husband gets to annoyed when he catches me!

And I feel like I’m going to be that mom too! I’m sure it’s scary to know that something is wrong but not quite sure what it is.

24 Leigha @ Minougirl June 13, 2014 at 9:41 am

I’ve NEVER been to Whole Foods – or Trader Joes! I know I’m missin’ out! I don’t have any in my area! Super jealous of those mornings workouts. I’ve been so lazy this week!
Leigha @ Minougirl recently posted..Pumpernickel Rye Bread and Planting the Garden!

25 Lauren June 13, 2014 at 9:56 am

I totally understand your obsession with the black heads. I am the SAME WAY with sunburn skin. I will sit forever and peal of the skin from someone’s back. Lol

26 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles June 13, 2014 at 10:21 am

I love it when someone else admits to the blackhead thing because it makes me feel less weird that I’m the same way ;-) It’s weirdly addictive…

I wish we had a Whole Foods around here! Canada has like, 4 in total, so I have to drive about an hour and a half to get to one.

Have a fabulous weekend Courtney!
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..Blend 2014: The People.

27 Brittany June 13, 2014 at 10:25 am

I can’t believe you haven’t had a Whole Foods until now! I am certifiably obsessed… so much so that my boyfriend and I refer to it as “The Mecca”. For real. I don’t doubt that it will be a mad house but its MUCH LARGER than Trader Joe’s so I think its totally worth the trip during the first few weeks… they’ll probably have TONS of free stuff!!
Brittany recently posted..Measure Twice…

28 Ruthie Hart (@ruthiehart1) June 13, 2014 at 10:29 am

I go to Hobby Lobby about once a week! It is awesome! And never buy anything unless its on sale… if its not on sale this week, it will be in the next 2 weeks.

Also.. Whole Foods!! I never grocery shop there (everything is 3-4x expensive!) but my mom’s group meets there for lunch every week. It is perfect! They always have community rooms upstairs which is nice for babies to bop around and I love their cafe!

Cannot believe Lucas is walking!!

29 Karleen June 13, 2014 at 12:10 pm

hahaha! I’m totally the same way with blackheads! So gross, but so satisfying lol!

Whole Foods is crazy expensive but I love it. I took my fiance there a couple weeks ago and he loved the food court and food/salad bar. But it’s definitely only going to be an occasional splurge. I feel so healthy when I go there! :)

30 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 13, 2014 at 12:38 pm

LOL! The boy probably did have to fart but I’m sure many other first time moms would do the same thing and i’m sure the nurses totally understood. You’ve got to follow your gut – ALWAYS – whether it comes to parenting or anything else with life.
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..That Week I Forgot a Rest Day

31 Polly @ Tasty Food Project June 13, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Happy Friday the 13th! ;)

That’s great that there will be a Whole Foods in your area! There’s one that’s in walking distance from me and it’s always busy!

Have a great weekend!
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..Friday Favorites! Edition 9

32 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl June 13, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Oh my goodness, you are going to LOVE having a Whole Foods near you!! Your credit card might not ;)
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..Friday Foodie Favorites: June 13, 2014

33 ellie @ fit for the soul June 13, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Noo I’m sure the nurses are moms themselves, so they wouldn’t be judging–at least I don’t think? :D And babies are such a mystery sometimes., hah! Oh and I’m looking forward to seeing your WF trips in the near future, Courtney! :P That place is like foodie Disneyland.
ellie @ fit for the soul recently posted..Why I Eat Fruit First Thing in the Morning

34 Shel@PeachyPalate June 13, 2014 at 3:29 pm

My mum has a freaky obsession with blackheads too! She has four younger sisters and when they were dating guys when they were younger she used to squeeze their blackheads..when I was a teenager she’d offer to pay me to let me squeeze mine!

35 Kaella (KaellaOnTheRun) June 13, 2014 at 4:21 pm

Awww yay!!! Love the video!!! It’s so fun to watch them walk…soon he’ll be running ;)
Kaella (KaellaOnTheRun) recently posted..Things I’m Loving Friday XII (Another 1/2 Marathon & Giveaway Winner!!)

36 Jessie @ Just Jessie June 13, 2014 at 5:28 pm

How do you get back into the morning workout groove? I’ve been trying for WEEKS and every morning I’m like, “Ooooooh heck no.” :)
Jessie @ Just Jessie recently posted..Manicures are a Girl’s Best Friend

37 Nancy June 13, 2014 at 6:46 pm

I can’t get over the amount of Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s around my house – I live in the epitome of healthy eating grocery stores I think. Needless to say, my go-to is most definitely TJ’s over WF’s, mainly due to the crazy price difference. But you can’t beat Whole Food’s food bar… they even had paleo options!
Nancy recently posted..I stopped caring

38 Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely June 13, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Hahaha! You’re so not alone on your blackhead “issue.” Me too, girl. How in the world have you NOT been in Hobby Lobby! Oh my! I do so much damage there. Hint: there’s always a 40% off coupon you can pull up on your cell phone and they can enter it at the register from the phone. I justify many purchases that way. ;-)
Sarah @ Sarah Sincerely recently posted..A Few of My Favorite Things

39 Lauren @ LaMaLu June 14, 2014 at 10:09 am

Oh my goodness! I cannot believe how big he is getting!

40 Kristen (Vitamin K Girl) June 14, 2014 at 11:50 am

Yay for your new Whole Foods!! We have a Whole Foods that is a half hour from us & one that is 45 minutes from us. We opt for the farther store because it’s bigger and less crowded–makes a huge difference & is worth the extra driving time!

41 Haley @Cupcakes and Sunshine June 14, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Oohhh wow! Happy Whole Foods opening! That is so exciting. I would be one of the girls fangirling at the front door! Haha!

42 Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers June 15, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Oh goodness, a walker! I know I should enjoy Ethan’s lack of mobility while I can, but I really can’t wait for him to walk or crawl. He gets so darn frustrated when he can’t get to stuff.
Tiff @ Love, Sweat, & Beers recently posted..Functional Fitness Friday (At Home)

43 Shelly June 18, 2014 at 1:06 am

Glad he was ok! Hobby lobby is pretty cool! Congrats on the 4 am workouts, that’s tough to do :)
Shelly recently posted..Killer Butt, Wild Things & Father’s Day