WIAW: Jumping Back In

by Courtney on July 9, 2014

After taking the past couple of weeks off from WIAW, I felt like jumping back in on the fun.

It’s not like it was all that exciting of a day of meals, but I did wind up snapping photos of them all yesterday so I figured, eh, what the heck. I always love being nosey and seeing what others are eating too. Winking smile

Breakfast

Was pretty much the nastiest thing you’ve ever seen…

Blech. I made a batch of overnight oats, which had soaked up all of the liquid overnight and needed a little extra almond milk. But, apparently, not that much almond milk. They tasted alright, and an extra spoonful of peanut butter added in helped, but they still were definitely not exciting. Good thing my iced coffee was decent…and check it out, I didn’t go to Dunkin’ for a change!

Mid-Morning Snack

The always-favorite PB + banana combo.

I’ll tell ya…I need to start buying chunky peanut butter more often. I know I like it, but we usually buy the huge jars from BJ’s and Jay only likes creamy. But now I’m thinking that my work PB stash may just have to be chunky.

Lunch

A big veggie-filled salad topped with grilled chicken and avocado with balsamic dressing and croutons.

And as a side note, if you’ve never purchased Butter Bliss lettuce, you MUST. No affiliation there at all. Just trust me you’ll try it. It’s SO good.

Mid-Afternoon Snack

Three belVita blueberry breakfast biscuits. Yes, the package comes in 4, but I was hungry on my way out the door for work and wound up ripping open the package and eating one then.

Maybe one of these days I’ll actually make myself enough time to eat breakfast at home before leaving for work.

Haha. Yeah…riiiiight.

Pre-Dinner Snack

Since Lucas has started eating more “adult” food and less baby food, I totally see how parents can say they wind up “snacking” more. Extra crusts from his PB&J sandwich? Don’t mind if I do!

Luckily, I’ve taught him to share his food with mama and he’s okay with it.

Kidding. Sort of. Winking smile

Jay wound up getting called out for work unexpectedly, putting our dinner on hold. Since I was getting pretty hungry and wasn’t sure when he’d be back, I snacked on some of the tomato and basil FSTG crackers below.

And while I waited, I spent some time playing peek-a-boo with this handsome little guy.

That right there is his new thing…he “hides” behind his toy bucket with all of his stuffed animals with him. He seriously knows how to make me laugh.

Dinner

Once Jay got back, we fired up the grilllll.

Steak kabobs with zucchini, onions, and tomatoes, along with some parmesan noodles from a bag. Don’t knock ‘em. They’re good.

Dessert

As of the time I’m typing up this post, dessert is yet to be had. But if it’s anything like my dessert of choice on Monday, it’ll most likely be this. Mmm mmmmm.

Happy Wednesday, my friends! Halfway there! Smile

1 Brynn July 9, 2014 at 6:17 am

I’m with you, chunky PB is where it’s at!! And your dinner looks amazing, steak kabobs are so good. And I love your extra play time with Lucas, how cute!
Brynn recently posted..JUNE FAVORITES {food. fitness. fashion. fun}

2 Erica { EricaDHouse.com } July 9, 2014 at 6:41 am

I received the same package from FSTG — all four boxes of crackers are gone already! I loved the sea salt :)

3 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie July 9, 2014 at 6:59 am

You will never catch me knocking those parmesan noodles. I’m pretty sure they were my summer staple lunch in middle school – so good!

4 Linz @ Itz Linz July 9, 2014 at 7:35 am

i haven’t bought chunky peanut butter in forever – though i don’t need any reason to consume pb faster than i already do!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..all before noon

5 Amelia @i_heart_kale July 9, 2014 at 7:45 am

Oh man, sounds like you’re so busy! I suppose that’s life with a toddler. :) Good busy.
From the review of your breakfast, sounds like you need to make your egg casseroles ahead of time or maybe a blueberry coffee cake or oatmeal bake. Gina at Fitnessista just did a post on breakfast burritos the other day that you can make ahead.
Oh, I tried he ice cream flavors at Dunkin. I can see how you are addicted, even if you didn’t have it above for breakfast. I wonder if I can buy a bottle of the flavoring off of them and make it at home. Hmmmmm……

6 Nikki @ grab your kicks July 9, 2014 at 8:16 am

I love FSTG crackers and their sweet potato chips are amazing! I love your little portioned baggie. I’ve never seen one like that with the lines for 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 cup. Love it!
Nikki @ grab your kicks recently posted..What I Ate Yesterday

7 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 9, 2014 at 8:45 am

Loooove my crunchy PB. I mean, I don’t have anything against smooth, but crunchy is where it’s at ;-) Those steak kebobs look delicious! It makes me sad that I don’t have a grill….
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: Mixing It Up.

8 Monica July 9, 2014 at 8:50 am

My problem with chunky PB is that I use so much more! It takes more to spread, so I end up using a ton. Not that that is a totally bad thing! ;)

9 Stacey M. July 9, 2014 at 8:50 am

Yes to the chunky peanut butter! I’ve been buying the Teddie brand super chunky pb for a while now, and I have to say I’m loving it. I have always been a smooth pb girl, and still love it for pb and j sandwiches, toast, etc., but I’ve found that I like the chunky kind right out of the jar. Also, if you haven’t tried Teddie pb before, I’d recommend it. The only ingredient is peanuts, which I really like.

I’ve also been buying that type of bagged lettuce for a while now too, and I must say that I love it. You’re right … it is SO good. I love how soft the leaves are. Yum.

10 Becky@TheSavedRunner July 9, 2014 at 8:54 am

I can totally understand how as a parent with a baby you can snack more. Those steak kabobs look great!

11 Britt@MyOwnBalance July 9, 2014 at 9:03 am

That photo of Lucas behind his toy bucket is pretty much the cutest thing ever!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Bridal Bootcamp

12 Karri July 9, 2014 at 9:12 am

I love this! I’m always looking for new things to eat & I’m trying to gain weight so this helps remind me to eat more often & to try different healthy things. I also read Anna Sacconne’s blog (annasaccone.com) & she does a “What I ate Wed.” also! I hope you continue this theme on Wednesdays! :-)

13 Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl July 9, 2014 at 9:15 am

You need to try the chunky pb from Trader Joe’s. It is the BEST!! Haha… the crust thing made me smile. I’m glad I’m not the only one. ;)
Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday: Instagrammed

14 Kim @FITsique July 9, 2014 at 9:18 am

Bananas and PB will always be the best snack, always. Dinner looks tasty, I see you all have been loving your grill as much as us this summer. I wish I lived somewhere I could grill all year round!
Kim @FITsique recently posted..Name Your Favorite…

15 Shel@PeachyPalate July 9, 2014 at 9:25 am

Add yoghurt to loosen them up…much more forgiving!! :)
Shel@PeachyPalate recently posted..Cauliflower Fritter “Cakes”

16 Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl July 9, 2014 at 10:20 am

I used to think crunchy peanut butter was gross…. now I almost always buy it more frequently than creamy! Weird (but good) how things change!
Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted..WIAW: July 9, 2014 (Recent Eats)

17 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries July 9, 2014 at 10:31 am

Chunky peanut butter is totally where it’s at! I’ve been loving Nuttzo Crunchy Nut Butters lately – so crunchy and sooooo yummy!

Lucas is too cute! He sounds like a little ham (just like his friend Hunter) – love it!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..I Organized My Pantry (and I’m pretty excited about it)

18 Julie @ my sweet & healthy life July 9, 2014 at 10:41 am

These steak kabobs look so good! Did you marinate them in something before grilling?

19 Courtney July 9, 2014 at 11:20 am

Thanks! Just rubbed them with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Super easy!!

20 Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake July 9, 2014 at 11:50 am

Oh my goodness, those steak kabobs looks so delish! Now I want some!
Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake recently posted..WIAW 7/9 + Quest Bar Giveaway!

21 April July 9, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Peanut butter and banana is the yummiest combo! That’s what I go for when I don’t feel like cooking breakfast. Lately I’ve been pre-making breakfast burritos and freezing them. Let me tell ya, they are super tasty and easy. I really enjoy reading your blog! Keep it up! I’ve just recently started a blog. Big time newby but you have inspired me to maybe do a WIAW next week! Woohoo! ;)

22 Sarah @ Sweet Miles July 9, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Banana and PB is always a great choice :) So easy and filling!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Getting Back into Yoga: Day 1

23 Polly @ Tasty Food Project July 9, 2014 at 2:09 pm

I haven’t had kabobs in a while. Those look so good! It makes me want to start grilling some!
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..Strawberry Banana Mint Smoothie

24 Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections July 9, 2014 at 2:34 pm

That’s funny about the peanut butter. My husband also only likes creamy. I have to buy his and hers PB!

I also LOVE the blueberry Belvita. I cannot get enough. They taste like cookies to me. Yum!
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections recently posted..Chubby Hubby Double Chocolate Cookies

25 ellie @ fit for the soul July 9, 2014 at 3:53 pm

So many delicious meals! And you’re right, I do seem to nibble on bits and pieces of food whenever I prepare Selah’s meals, but thankfully they’re almost always healthy food?? ;)

26 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves July 9, 2014 at 3:57 pm

I’ve definitely come to like chunky nut butters a lot more these days too. The crunch is fun!
And I would eat those parmesan noodles from a bag. Stuff looks good ;)
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..WIAW: A Poem

27 Leigha @ The Yooper Girl July 9, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Kabobs!! Love. That’s too bad about the oats! I can’t eat overnight oats cold.. I have to have them hot.
Leigha @ The Yooper Girl recently posted..WIAW – Small & Simple Meals