After a long hard day of work, (especially being a Monday), there are certain things that just totally appeal to my senses:
- My big cozy couch
- Changing into my sweats as quickly as possible
- A nice chilled glass of wine
- Or, depending on the day, a nice cold beer 😉
- Coming home to my boys
- Turning on the Food Network/Scrubs reruns/catching up on the DVR
- Reading a magazine
As nice as these things you see above are, there’s one more thing that will totally take precedence over them all…going home for Mom’s Cooking!
Tonight, Jay and I headed over to my parents’ house for a delicious home cooked meal. But it wasn’t just any meal. Oh no my friends…
Mom broke out her homemade sauce for a full chicken parm dinner! My tummy had seriously been grumbling for it all.day.long.
Seriously. Just look at all that cheese! Comfort food at its finest. 🙂
Before I continue, let me quickly take a moment to share with you exactly why this situation was so wonderful:
- I went and ate dinner in my “cozies” because, hey, it’s my parents. They’re not ones to judge!
- I got to spend time with my parents (who I haven’t gotten to see nearly as much as I’d like these days…)
- I also got to see my fave brother and Meg!
- There are few foods on the face of this Earth I enjoy more than my mom’s homemade sauce.
- I had a delicious, home cooked meal…and I didn’t have to do any of the cooking. 😉
Here’s my plate! I ate probably 2/3 of it?…Ok, maybe 3/4. 😉
Believe it or not, I actually requested the tiny piece…yes, that’s the tiny piece! 😯
And of course, with all that delicious sauce, you’re going to need a big fantastic side of pasta. No whole grain pasta in this house. Oh no…I’m almost positive that when I first moved out, that’s one of the first things they switched back to. 😉 Hey, sometimes, nothin’ beats some regular ‘ol ziti noodles, am I right?
And at this point, when you still have loads of delicious sauce hanging out on your plate, what’s a few more carbs to soak it all up with. 😉
I’ll tell ya it’s a good thing I don’t eat like this everyday…otherwise I’m not sure I’d fit through my front door. 😯 But for a once-in-a-while treat, there’s really nothing better than Mom’s homemade chicken parm. Yummmm. 😛
Question for the Evening:
Do you have a favorite meal from growing up that someone made/makes for you?