1. I should have known better than to mention anything at all about Lucas’s sleep schedule yesterday. Sure enough, he switched things up on me last night…and not for the better. Oooof.
2. The other night, I went to pop a Gas X pill out of the foil thingy it comes in (yeah, you guys saw that salad) and the edge of the foil went and dug right down underneath my thumbnail. You wanna talk about an annoying yet intense pain? Yowsahs.
3. Tomorrow is Fall Festival! It’s always such a good time and I’m so excited to go apple picking and eat ALL the pumpkin things, but I’m more excited to dress Lucas in his outfit I have picked out. And then I’ll be even more excited to start baking with apples…helloooo, my favorite apple crisp!
4. After reading through all of the comments in yesterday’s post (thank you, by the way!), I am amazed at just how many of you manage to workout on your lunch hour. Maybe I’m just a sweaty beast, or just too high maintenance to be able to have time to workout AND shower, but I don’t know how you do it. I feel like I’d just be stinkin’ up the office all afternoon long.
5. I want to bake this bread so, so badly today but I don’t have any ripe bananas. Don’t you hate when that happens?
6. I’m currently boycotting all baby/parenting books. I was talking about it with my friend Shayla the other day and honestly, sometimes they just cause me more anxiety than if I wasn’t reading them. While some absolutely offer some great tips and advice, sometimes when Lucas doesn’t follow things “exactly like they tell you they will,” it gets frustrating. So yeah, for now, I’m wingin’ it. And I’m sure he’s gonna be juuuuuust fine.
7. I seriously LOVE the show Nashville. We just watched this week’s episode last night and I can’t get enough. Although I’m not sure how I feel about Oliver Hudson being a bad guy…I’m too used to his character on Rules of Engagement.
8. Trying to pick a Halloween costume for Lucas is proving to be a challenge. They’re all just so stinkin’ cute, but man, are they expensive!
9. Lucas and I wound up going for an hour-long walk yesterday afternoon and it was just perfect. The air was crisp, the leaves are changing…so cliché, but I just love love love fall.
10. Out of nowhere yesterday, I got the biggest craving for a McDonald’s Dulce de Leche caramel shake. Jay brought them home for us once shortly after we got home from the hospital and it was one of the best shakes I’d ever had. Apparently, the craving still isn’t gone since I’m sitting here telling you all about it this morning still. Need to get my hands on one ASAP.
Happy FRIDAY, friends! Hope everyone has a great day and weekend ahead!