1. Talk about a BUSY week! Between work craziness and last minute holiday stuff, Christmas parties, baking and prepping for Christmas…oh my goodness! I feel like I won’t know what to do with myself come January? (That’s a total lie, I’ll still be busy, just a different kind of busy)
2. I went to a cookie exchange with a bunch of the women from our neighborhood earlier in the week and it was so much fun! Getting to catch up with some neighbors and finally meet other neighbors PLUS yummy treats is a win win! I totally came home and ate a bunch of them.
3. Going to target at 8pm on December 21st is not a bright idea. I’m speaking from experience. I’m starting to type the draft of this post in my email as I’m standing in line waiting to check out.
4. I’m hoping that once the business of the holidays dies down that I’ll be able to find some more time to make some food for Alex. I actually really enjoyed making baby food for Lucas, and I have made Alex some butternut squash with cinnamon so far, but I just haven’t made the time to do more.
5. Sooo…I totally caved and bought the Rudolph’s Mix from Target online.
It was free shipping, man! How could I NOT do it?!
6. Working from home with a little one is equally awesome and also tough. Because, some days, they like to wake up from their nap after only 20 minutes but then they’re still tired so they fall asleep in your arms while they’re nursing…and then they continue to stay asleep for another HOUR.
I had a feeling it was going to happen to I just made sure to park it in front of my computer and typed one handed for a while.
7. And speaking of little ones…who are getting so BIG! Alex had his 6 month appointment earlier in the week and little guy is 19.5lbs and 29 inches long (<—98th percentile).
I happened to look back at one of Lucas’s older updates and Alex is right around the same height and weight that Lucas was…at 9 months! HA!
8. So we officially had our FOURTH encounter with Santa this week, with Lucas’s preschool Christmas party. He was iffy about seeing the big guy in the red suit again, but then when he found out he had a present for him, he ran right up there to get it when he called his name.
And honestly, I’m glad it’s the last time we’ll be seeing Santa for the season. In no way am I scrooge (I love me some holidays!) but it gets tough to have to keep coming up with reasons why Santa is leaving the North Pole to come and visit him, right??
9. Extra Santa visits aside, I have absolutely been LOVING this Christmas season with Lucas. He’s really starting to “get” it now, and we’re having a lot of fun getting him excited.
10. As I mentioned on Instagram last night, I’m fairly certain that I just have sugar seeping through my pores at this point. Holy cow, have I been eating a LOT of sugar!
I mean, as it should be…it’s that time of year, and I’m loving all of it! But I’m at the point where I just crave it all. the. time. right now, so that’s always a heads up for me that I need to cool it just a bit. And I will…once the cookies are cleared out of the house.
11. I have a winner for the Sears giveaway! Congrats to Melissa!
Be sure to email me – sweettoothcourtney at gmail dot com – so I can hook you up with your gift card!
Alright my friends, I think that’s all I’ve got for you today! I’m not sure how often I’ll be checking in next week but I hope that everyone who is celebrating has a very, Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday that is hopefully filled with family, friends, and good fun! <3