1. Thank goodness, I’m starting to feel a bit more like myself. I woke up yesterday morning with much less of a headache (after sweating profusely throughout the night), and now with a full day and a half’s worth of antibiotics in me, I’m already feeling a difference. I love (good) drugs.
2. Thomas’ Corn English muffins are where it’s at. Seriously. They’re soooo, so good. We just finished off a package of them this week and I’m already wanting to go get more.
3. Last year, on this same exact day, I shared with you one of my favorite quick bread recipes of all time. Going back and seeing that post also made me realize how awful I’ve been with using a real camera instead of my iPhone 99% of the time. Hey…sorry for the less than stellar photos these days, my friends.
4. Lucas is going through a new phase this week. It’s the “I’m too cool for daytime naps” phase. Yesterday, between the hours of about 10am – 8pm, he gave me just under 2 hours of sleep. I’m attributing his change up in schedule and sudden interest in everything to his age (I know weeks 6-8 can be the toughest, and we’ll be at 7 weeks tomorrow).
I will say though, thank godddd his lack of sleep hasn’t really affected his mood. My little man has been happy as a clam!
This was him last night shortly before putting him down for bed; also, take note that very rarely do you guys see a picture of Lucas without at least one of his limbs showing up blurry in the photo. This guy is ALWAYS on the move!
5. I tried this flavor of Oikos Greek yogurt earlier this week and I. Am. In. LOVE.
It totally reminded me of coffee ice cream. I need to get my hands on some more of it, toss it in the freezer, and attempt to make a little frozen dessert out of it. YUM.
6. Alright, so tell me…
7. I already have all these grand plans to do X, Y, and Z around the house and in Lucas’s room this weekend. I’ll be lucky if I get to about three of them. BUT, I am hoping that I’ll at least be able to get his new name decal up on the wall. I think it’s gonna look adorable!
8. On Sunday, I have a brunch date with some of my girlfriends. REALLY looking forward to that – good food, even better company.
9. I spent a good half hour looking on Etsy last night for an alphabet print for Lucas’s nursery. It’s become one of those things that I’m getting slightly obsessed about…mostly because I have an image in my mind and I cannot find anything even close to it. Perhaps some of my fellow, talented design bloggers out there might be able to help me out?
10. I’m really looking forward to a shower today since, ya know, I didn’t get a chance to take one yesterday. #newmomproblems
11. Bonus fun fact: I totally just broke my own rule about using hashtags anywhere other than Twitter or Instagram. Whoops.
Happy FRIDAY, friends! Hope you all have a fabulous day and a fantastic weekend!