These Pretzel and Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies are a sweet and salty lover’s dream. And that’s basically all there is to it!
This post was originally written way back in June of 2010. Almost SIX years ago. How is that even possible?!
Well, the good news is that it’s always easy enough to go back and edit a post, if need be…it’s just all about finding the time for that sort of thing these days.
See the thing is, when I first started blogging, photography really wasn’t my thing. Not that it is now, but I’d like to think that I’ve made somewhat of an improvement from the photos that used to look like this…
But when there’s a recipe that’s this good, then sometimes, you just need to make sure that everyone knows it.
There is so much going on with these cookies that I love. First, the obvious sweet + salty combo with the addition of the pretzels. They wind up being studded throughout so that each bite gives you just a little hint of salty with all that sweet happening.
Then there’s the ice cream. My favorite to use is a French vanilla, because there’s just something about that flavor that I can’t resist. I don’t even know how to describe it.
Last, there’s a little extra addition of almond extract. I’m a huge sucker for that stuff (especially with my almond buttercream frosting…OMG), and I love how it gives the cookies just a slightly different flavor that makes you ask, ‘what IS that?’
Warm, gooey, salty, chocolaty…all of the above.
Yields 4-5 dozen cookies
A sweet and salty lover's dream! These cookies combine the sweetness of a chocolate chip cookie and the saltiness of a pretzel, making it the perfect combo.
10 minPrep Time
11 minCook Time
21 minTotal Time
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream (frozen)
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add in eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract until well combined.
- Add in ice cream until combined.
- Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl; mix.
- Add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips and pretzels; mix until just combined.
- Use a medium cookie scoop and place dough 2 inches apart onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
lightly adapted from Picky Palate
These cookies are also good without the pretzels, if that’s not really your thing. But even if you’re just a little unsure, TRY IT first.
I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
Like what you see? Be sure to give the recipe a “Yum” on Yummly by hovering over any photo and clicking the “Yum” button! If you haven’t checked out Yummly, it’s a total drool-worthy site filled with all sorts of delicious looking goodies! You can check out my page HERE!