Ohhh, what a glorious Sunday. I finally got a chance to catch up on some sleep (a good, solid, 9 hours) and wake up without an alarm. That was exactly what I needed!
I spent a little bit of time taking advantage of my lazy morning before putting together some breakfast. I’d actually been in the mood for pancakes all week but just haven’t taken the time to make them.
Since Jay had to be up and out early this morning, I figured I’d make myself a small batch of pancakes which wouldn’t typically fly for him. Hey, it took a good year to get him to be okay with adding whole wheat flour to our favorite pancake recipe, so at least I’m getting somewhere.
Today’s batch of pancakes had a little more staying power than our usuals, and were inspired by Julie’s Pumpkin Protein Pancakes. These pancakes are super yummy, but they actually remind me more of baked oatmeal than a pancake. So my advice would be to think of them more as the oatmeal part of things, so you’re not totally surprised when you first bite into them like I was.
(adapted from Julie’s recipe)
Yields 1 serving
Make breakfast sweet, delicious, and healthy with these pancakes! Full of simple and wholesome ingredients, they'll keep you full for hours, too!
10 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1/4 cup vanilla Chobani Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup egg substitute (or 1 egg)
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 packet Truvia (optional sweetener)
- Heat skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and blend with an immersion blender. Use a 1/3 measuring cup to form batter into three medium-sized pancakes. Allow to cook until edges start to harden, about 3 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook an additional 2-3 minutes. Enjoy!
- I topped my pancakes baked oatmeal cakes with some banana slices and sugar-free syrup, although I’d be willing to bet that topping them with some homemade Honey Cinnamon Peanut Butter would be out of this world.
I’m planning (hoping) to make today somewhat productive, catching up on some blog stuff, work stuff, cleaning stuff, grocery stuff, aaaaand, a manicure. Hopefully. I need one in a BAD way.
What kind of “stuff” do you have happening today?