This Crockpot BBQ Pulled Chicken recipe is an absolute staple in our house!
Over the past (almost 6?!) years of blogging, this recipe for Crockpot BBQ Pulled Chicken has gotten a lot of attention from us.
The recipe is simple, comes together in minutes, and it tastes absolutely incredible. We often eat it on hamburger buns, and will occasionally switch up our sides from roasted veggies, to french fries, to salads…depending on what we’re in the mood for, of course.
And sometimes, it’s even delicious sans-bun with a few extra toppings and scooped up with tortilla chips.
No matter how you choose to eat it, it’s a great meal to make any time. It makes a big portion, too, which is perfect for feeding a crowd OR for dividing and freezing for another future meal.
Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life
The crockpot will be your best friend for this BBQ pulled chicken. The flavors are incredible, and the time spent saved is even better!
5 minPrep Time
5 hrCook Time
5 hr, 5 Total Time
- 4-5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 can Campbell’s French Onion Soup (10-1/2 oz.)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp packed brown sugar (*I accidentally omitted this…totally forgot! But I didn’t even miss it.)
- 1/2 to 1 cup of your favorite bbq sauce
- Mix soup, ketchup, cider vinegar, and brown sugar. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours, or high 4-5 hours, or until done.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker. Cool slightly, then shred using 2 forks.
- Return chicken to slow cooker & add bbq sauce.
- Mix and reheat through, about 5-10 minutes.
And, as promised, here is the breakdown of my workout this morning. The last 10 minutes are SUPER intense!!