Aaaaaaand we’re back to the grind again. My goodness do I have a hard time readjusting after being away. Not only is the schedule change tough, but the 50+ degree change in weather is also a tough pill to swallow. But hey, that’s what happens, so enough complaining…moving forward!
As I mentioned last night, I didn’t really do a whole lot of documentation of anything yesterday. Jay and I spent most of the day reorganizing our lives and trying to get things back to normal. Luckily, we did manage to make ourselves some real dinner though, which oddly enough, made both of us laugh.
After spending a week eating all-you-can-eat buffets at breakfast and lunch and 4-5 course meals at dinner, we sort of forgot what a regular plate of food looked like. ;)
But as “skimpy” (relatively speaking) and plain as it looked, it all actually tasted really good. I breaded and baked some chicken breasts in the oven and served them along with some mashed sweet potatoes and corn.
For the chicken, I basically threw some items together without really following a recipe, but it turned out awesome…
Easy Breaded Parmesan Chicken Breasts
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in half (our preference)
- 1 egg white
- ~1/4 cup skim milk
- ~1/4 – 1/3 cup breadcrumbs (I mixed panko and Italian style)
- ~1/6 cup(?) Parmesan cheese
- sprinkle garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place egg white and milk in one bowl, and breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder in a separate bowl.
- Dip chicken halves into egg wash first, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture (if you have extra, feel free to double coat them for more yumminess!). Place the well-coated chicken in a single layer on a cooling rack placed on top of baking sheet (like I do for my chicken tenders).
- Bake for 25-28 minute until golden brown and crispy. ENJOY!
After dinner, Jay and I caught up a bit on our DVR (although I have NOT watched the last three episodes of The Bachelor yet and am waiting to get together with a few of the girls since we all missed it while we were away…so no spoilers!) and I also worked on getting together today’s meals.
Breakfast was some OOIAJ, thanks to Jay finishing off some PB yesterday, and lunch was a big ol’ salad, since I’m pretty sure my body would appreciate some extra veggies right now. ;)
Lots of veggies + a leftover piece of chicken + a wedge of The Laughing Cow cheese.
Definitely psyched to have had this at lunch today…but I’d be lying if I didn’t say I wasn’t just as excited for the dessert I have waiting for me…
As if I didn’t eat enough of the treats while I was away last week, right? But what can I say…I’m hooked on the sweets right now. And besides, who am I to turn down a beautiful birthday cupcake like that from a co-worker? I think not. :)
Question for the Afternoon:
What’s the one thing you have the hardest time adjusting to again after a vacation?