1. Aww man, I had really hoped to check in with you all again earlier this week, but I wound up with a random cold that just left me wanting to sleep in my spare time. I actually took a mid-day nap on Wednesday, which is a rather RARE occurrence! But here’s hoping it’s almost on its way out, because I have a FUN girls weekend planned with some of my favorite ladies this weekend.
2. So let’s see, where can we catch up here? Well, I was lucky enough to spend the day with my buddy on his first kindergarten field trip on Wednesday.
They/we visited another local farm (Ellms Family Farm) and all of the kids had a great time running around and having fun with all of the different activities. It was really cute, and I loved being able to see him interacting with his new buddies that I’d already been hearing so much about at home.
It was also an unusually warm day (80ish and sunny for October!), so by the end of it, I think they were all done…myself included (hence, the mid-day nap).
But I was so thankful to have the opportunity to be able to go!
3. So, I put out a very important poll on my Instagram stories earlier this week (are we Instagram friends yet? If not, WE NEED TO BE!), about which way people hang their shirts on a hanger in the closet…do you hang with the hook to the left or the right?!
This was asked, assuming you were just looking directly at a row of clothing in your closet, and while I have always hung mine to the left (like a question mark), Jay hangs his to the right. And we battle on it all the time! The majority agreed with me, but I also had many people say that they are lefties and hang theirs to the right (Jay is also sort of a lefty…more like ambidextrous) so I suppose that makes sense. But it was still a rather amusing poll and I loved seeing everyone’s feedback…but I loved being able to tell Jay “I win” even more. Mwahahaha.
4. When your youngest picks out a shirt from his closet that happens to make you his twin for the day…
Then it must be documented! (both shirts are from Old Navy from a few years ago)
5. Can I just say HOLY CRAP, mid-week soccer games are hectic as all get out.
By the time we get home from work, get the boys ready, fed something quick, and then back out the door to try to get to the game by 5:30? I’m SPENT! So if anyone ever sees me at a game and happens to get the impression that we got ourselves there with ease, let this be my disclaimer that we are hot messes just trying to get their on time and all in one piece. Whew!
6. I will say, though, I seriously do love watching Lucas’s soccer games. They are adorable, and he really likes playing, so I have a feeling we’ll be at this for a while. Especially if he’s anything like his dad and follows in his footsteps! #nyssoccerchampionwhaaat?
7. You GUYS. I’ve got to switch gears for a minute here to tell you about how Beautycounter officially launched their Holiday Collection yesterday to its members and these sets are AH-MAZING.
The collection will officially be launched for sale to the public on Monday the 15th, and will likely be flying off the shelves, but it’s available NOW for all Band of Beauty Members!
Not a member yet? Join today and get access right away!
BoB is Beautycounter’s loyalty program that includes a FREE full-sized product as a complimentary gift (Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion $39 value) for signing up, 15% back in products credits for every purchase and FREE shipping on all orders over $100.
If you’re going to shop with Beautycounter more than once or twice, this is seriously a must!
Add the BOB Membership to your cart for $29 (one-year membership) to start shopping the holiday collection and racking up your product credits.
Here are my TOP 5 MUST-HAVES from the Holiday Collection…it was tough to choose, so make sure you check out all of them!
There is SO much good stuff in this set, and at an amazing value, too! It includes the Cleansing Balm, Countermatch Adaptive Moisture Lotion, No. 1 Brightening Facial Oil, and the No. 3 Balancing Facial Mask. This is a great way to sample some of our best sellers!
Adding oils to your daily routine can be SUCH a game changer. I recently started using the No. 1 Brightening oil and have totally noticed a difference in the appearance of my skin. If you aren’t already using oils, now is the time to try!
I am a neutral lip girl through and through, and this trio just had my name written allll over it. I really like layering the Praline lip gloss on top of my Twig sheer lipstick!
I totally gifted this one to myself : ) It’s perfect for dull, tired winter skin, and also includes our best selling Overnight Resurfacing Peel (<– so if you’ve been considering it, PERFECT opportunity). It also comes with our Illuminating Cream, which gives an awesome glowing affect – also great for the décolleté area, as well as the Eye Revive Cooling Masks, which help reduce puffiness. Ahem, I hear you, fellow tired moms! Don’t miss this one!
I’m totally kicking myself because I just purchased the shampoo and body wash for the boys separately, and hadn’t paid attention to the fact that this set was launching! It includes a jumbo shampoo, jumbo body wash and a generously sized hooded towel (and is $40 cheaper than its actual value!!).
SO, is your wish list too long ? If so, I’d LOVE to share our products with you and your friends at a very casual get together this Holiday season, then you get the chance to enjoy FREE and 50% off products! I’m talking yoga pants and cozies, and wine, of course. I promise to make it fun (this can be done in person OR online if you aren’t local!). So shoot me an email or leave a comment below if you’d like to hear more – I’m also offering a free lip gloss to anyone who wants to hang with me. ; )
Alright, friends. Thanks for letting me chat Beautycounter a little bit! I’m off for today for some fun with friends, so be sure to follow along on Instagram. I’m sure I’ll be posting all along our trip! <3