1. Here was a scene from a bath night earlier this week… Cody almost always comes in to see what’s going on, but he’s never gotten as daring as he did here.
I was just waiting for him to fall in and make a mess of the bathroom…then again, Lucas already does that on his own. ;)
2. I have been LOVING the Pitbull station on Pandora this week! I actually turn it on with Lucas (we were listening to it in the tub in the pic above) and he loves to dance right along with me! I just sing really loud over any curse words.
3. This was the week!! Target FINALLY had my counter stools! Jay told me that he thought he saw them online, so I immediately had to check and, sure enough, they were available in gray. I honestly can only think of maybe 2 other times I’ve ever made a purchase so fast online – one of them being on The Chive for Jay.
4. Workouts this week have been…ok. I managed to get up for 2 early morning workouts but that was it. Other than running around with Lucas (which is a workout, trust me), I also ended up doing a quick circuit workout in the living room after work one day. And it was hilarious to watch Lucas try and mimic each of my moves! He’s got his squats down.
5. Ohhh, Cody. Still my snugglebug, always looking for whatever space he can find on the couch next to me at night.
6. This weekend we’re getting some Fall photos taken and I always stress out WAY more than I need to about them (will our outfits match, will Lucas smile, will they come out okay?!) but I’m excited. The only downside is that they’re outdoors and it’s not even supposed to hit 50 on Sunday…eeeek! At least it’s a mini session so it should (hopefully) be done quick and the photographer will be able to work her magic.
7. This kid. Love beyond words. Even on the nights he literally only eats about 5 bites out of everything I’ve put in front of him for dinner.
8. Fun shopping alert! Shopbop is having 25% off select merchandise this week with promo code INTHEFAM25 for their Friends & Family event! I’m loving the look of these adorable winter boots, as well as the whole outfit paired with this sweater (I just never feel like I can pull that look off!)
9. Our meal planning has been freakin awesome this week. I’ve managed to not only stick to my original plan, but have carried through on all of the meals (and they’ve tasted so so so good, too). I’ll share Sunday, but for now…last night’s dinner was just phenomenal. Grilled chicken, bacon, and avocado salads with ranch dressing and homemade garlic bread on the side.
My taste buds were in heavennnnnnn.
10. Do you guys want to know how I celebrated National Dessert Day?
Vienna Fingers. So lame! Not the Vienna Fingers though…I actually enjoy them quite a bit and bought them on impulse at the store last week…but dessert day should have included gooey cookies or cake with frosting. I’m making up for it this weekend.
11. I got thinking the other day about “cheat days” and “cheat meals.” I almost decided to include some thoughts in today’s post, but I think I’ll save that for a post all on its own.
12. There is a strong part of me that worries that I’ll never be able to fill the right side of the TV with pictures/picture frames unless they exactly mirror the ones on the left.
I mean, it must be okay to have them be different on each side…right??
13. I noticed recently that an old blog post of mine for Low-Fat Crockpot Veggie Stew has been getting some extra love on Pinterest. If you haven’t tried out the recipe yet, definitely check it out! It’s been a great reminder for myself to make again ASAP because it’s perfect for making on a Sunday and bringing for lunches during the week!
Okay friends, I’m off for today. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3
Jenn@Mark My Miles! says
Brie @ Lean, Clean, & Brie says
Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections says
Ashley @ A Lady Goes West says
Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday says
Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie says
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More says
Emily R says
Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me says