1. I’ve been on a kick all week of putting cucumber and lemon in my water, and I’ve actually found that it’s making me want to drink more water than I typically do.
Hey, whatever works, right?
2. Jay, Lucas, and I are supposed to be going apple picking this weekend and I’m so excited about it! We’re supposed to be going to a nearby orchard that supposedly has a TON of stuff to pick, rather than just apples. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we actually follow through with those plans (since it’s not uncommon for us to be like “ohmygod let’s do ‘x’ this weekend” and then…it doesn’t happen. Anyone else have that prob?
3. Have you guys ever heard of the Band-Aid Friction Block Stick? My friend Morgan told me about it forever ago and I just recently remembered to pick one up.
It actually works really well on helping with the extra friction that rubbing shoes can cause and I have a couple pairs of shoes that it’s definitely needed for.
Works pretty well though!
4. Okay, I am seriously SO excited to go see the movie Gone Girl (it opens today!). Have you guys seen the trailer for it yet? Looks pretty eerie…and pretty freakin’ awesome! I’m hoping we can find a night for our Book Club gals to go see it soon, since we all read the book back in March.
5. Today is wedding day! I’m off work and will be spending the day celebrating my friends Eileen and Dan who are getting married up in beautiful Saratoga. I’m really hoping that my bridesmaid dress makes it through the day/evening for me…let’s just say that I probably should have tried it on a bit sooner than this past Monday. It’s a tad snug around the ol’ thighs and a bit big in the chest (freakin’ breastfeeding…).
6. Lucas will pretty much try to “talk” on anything that could remotely resemble a phone these days.
7. For the longest time, I was convinced I couldn’t do kale. I’d tried it a few times, a few different ways (i.e., kale chips, sautéed, in a salad) and I just couldn’t do it, so I wrote it off. Recently, I was talking to my friend Kanika and she told me that I absolutely HAD to give it another try, but to buy a fresh bunch of it, not the pre-bagged stuff (which is what I had previously had).
I’m happy to report I am now back on the kale train! I’ve had it my smoothies all week and tried some sautéed, both of which I loved. I even used it in this week’s batch of Easy Cheesy Spinach Kale Pasta for Lucas, and he’s diggin’ it too.
8. Do you guys remember back in August when I told you that I was going to be participating in the Runner’s World Half and Festival? Well, unfortunately, I had to back out. I had a few factors leading up to my decision (partly work and home priorities related), but I also realized that I really was just not prepared and, honestly, didn’t feel right taking a spot when someone else would probably go and enjoy it way more than me.
But for those that still may be interested in participating but haven’t bitten the bullet yet, registration is still open! You can register HERE, and use my discount codes to get 10% off your registration:
- 5k: blogsweettoothcourt5K
- 10k: blogsweettoothcourt10K
- Half: blogsweettoothcourtHalf
- 5 & Dime: blogsweettoothcourt5&10
- Hat Trick: blogsweettoothcourtHat
9. I just love fall in New York.
And if we could juuuust completely bypass winter and head straight into spring, I’d be one happy camper.