1. This has been quite a week, my friends. What started on Monday with a slight tickle in my throat wound up exploding into a nasty ol’ cold. I kid you not, I was tied to a tissue box for almost 36 hours straight, and I’m pretty sure I used up like, two boxes. Colds always give me a runny nose, but this was has been NUTS. I suppose better this week than next but, man, I’m ready to feel normal again!
2. Thankfully, the cold didn’t hit full force until Tuesday afternoon, which meant I was able to enjoy a birthday dinner out on Monday night to celebrate my dad’s and my brother’s birthdays.
We all met up at Buca di Beppo, which I hadn’t been to in YEARS, but it was fantastic. I mean, you can never really go wrong with Italian, right??
P.S., their garlic bread is basically straight up garlic. WOAH.
3. I’d say I’m about 80% done with my Christmas shopping, and I’m hoping to finish up the rest this weekend so I can just focus on wrapping. I ended up placing a last minute order yesterday on Kohl’s and got a few great deals, including this gift for Lucas. And I almost forgot to go through Ebates with my order…tell me you guys are using this by now?? Some of the cash back deals right now are insane!
4. This little guy also has a little bit of what his mama has but, man, it sure does not have any impact on his energy levels. This child is GO GO GO from the time he wakes up until the time he finally decides to lay down on his floor “bed” and fall asleep.
And, yes, he’s still sleeping on a (not in) sleeping bag on the floor these days. He wants nothing to do with his bed, which I’m finding so odd?!?
5. Have you guys heard of FLYJOY bars? I’m super pumped to be working with them in 2016, but I’ve gotta say, their bars are absolutely delicious. Especially the cashew cookie dough!
6. 3 Healthy Habits You Should Always Do Before Leaving the House ……interesting, since I do none of them (although I DO do #3 once I get to work). OOPS.
7. I still can’t get over the fact that it’s going to be near 50 degrees for Christmas this year. It just seems so…weird?!? Not that I’m complaining, because no snow = no problem with me!
8. We have new chairs for our kitchen table!!
We finally ended up ordering these chairs from Wayfair, which are in an awesome antique green/teal color. We really couldn’t decide on white or a dark wood, so when we saw these, we figured they’d bring a nice pop of color to the table/kitchen. Now hopefully by this weekend, we’ll have our finished bench, too!
9. We’re also considering possibly making a light fixture for above the table. Our cousins Brian & Mal recently made one which looks AMAZING! I recently saw this video for a little inspiration, too…
9. Loved this! 16 Ways Apple Cider Vinegar Will Make You More Beautiful – really makes me wish I had some in the house this week for my cold. Looks like it’s time to stock up. This one was a good read, too: 12 Tricks to Make Groceries Last Longer and Save Cash. I’ve been thinking about getting some sort of sealer like in #9!
10. Out of curiosity, I’d love to know what the battery situation in your house is like. Jay and I were talking the other day about how both of our dads had/have battery drawers that were ALWAYS stocked with basically anything you needed. Us? We’re scrounging around every time we need a stupid batter (which is often). We keep saying we need to create our own “battery drawer” but…well, you know how that goes.
11. We be bumpin’ over here!
Alright my friends, I’m off for today and heading to my prenatal appointment this morning! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing. <3