1. Happy FRIDAY. This has been quite. a. week. on the work front, so I am welcoming Friday and the upcoming weekend with open arms!
2. I just realized, I don’t think I ever shared the other pictures from our fall photography session that we got done a couple of months ago?! We finally got the images a couple of weeks ago and I am just in LOVE with how they turned out!
A huge shout out to Tracey from TDB Imagery!
3. Ummm, okay. This Buzzfeed article on 49 Thoughts You Have Every Time You Watch HGTV’s “Fixer Upper” is SPOT ON. Jay and I joke about so many of these things on the list, specifically, #20, 21, 22, 23, 24 and 49. Waco, here we come!
4. I made a batch of Creamy Crockpot Steel Cut Oatmeal to have for breakfast all this week, and it tasted SO GOOD.
Oatmeal had been on my “not totally interested in that right now” list for a while, but I’m so happy to have it back. It’s made for some quick and convenient breakfasts in the morning!
5. I swear, if I pick these placemats up off the floor once a day, I pick them up 100 times. It’s one of Lucas’s favorite games.
6. As a huge fan of The Honest Company (which you guys should already know by now!), I wanted to share a little something about their Social Goodness Holiday Campaign, “Honest Makeover – Childcare Edition“. They are looking to educate and inform people about supporting healthy child care environments and spread the word where parents (or non-parents) can nominate their favorite child care center for an Honest Makeover for his or her center.
As someone who places a child in an in-home daycare 3-4 days a week, this is something that is very near and dear to my heart. It is SO incredibly important to feel good about who your child is spending their day with if it’s not with you, and it feels even better to know they’re surrounded by a clean, healthy environment.
So if you have someone you’d want to nominate, make sure to do it! You can nominate someone HERE! One winner will be provided with an Honest Makeover which will remove harsh chemicals in the child care center!
7. Yesterday I got to do some cookie baking with my mom and brother’s girlfriend, Carissa, at my mom’s school!
Long time readers might remember when we did this a few years ago, and I’ll tell ya…being able to bake in such a huge kitchen with large ovens is just amazing.
They’re insane and taste like donuts. ‘Nuff said.
8. I fully intend to take a day off from work in the next week or two to devote solely to cookie baking just like I did last year.
It’s one of my favorite things to do this time of year!
9. Did anyone do any Cyber Monday shopping this week?? I did a little and scored some awesome deals on toys for Lucas, including this drum, these stackadoos, and a few Paw Patrol toys. Heads up! Target is still having 30% off tons of toys through tomorrow! And Macy’s is having 25% brands that rarely go on sale through 12/10 with code FRIEND. I’m kinda, sorta loving this sweater and TOTALLY loving the fact that all 7 for All Mankind jeans are on sale!! Do I dare buy a pair of maternity sevens??
10. I am SO excited for 2016 to start, thanks to my snazzy new planner from Keeping It Together.
This year, I got the beautiful new Crown Edition planner, but I’ve had the pleasure of using their planners for the past few years now, and I never get any less excited once they arrive. They’re full of awesome and adorable little touches, which really do make me want to (attempt to) keep organized.
They’ve also got the cutest accessories that can be added in with any planner!
And this year, they’ve even added a Direct Sales Planner Add-In…so for many of you who may run side businesses (like Beachbody, Young Living, etc.), it’s a great little tool to help keep your stuff organized!
But the most exciting news??? For my fellow planner lovers out there…I’ve got a beautiful, Classic Planner to GIVE AWAY to a lucky STSL!
Don’t thank me, though…thank the wonderful, incredibly sweet and thoughtful Jessica, from KIT. She’s amazing!
To Enter: Just leave a comment on today’s post about anything happy/positive/or why you absolutely NEED this planner in your life!
I’ll choose a random winner on Tuesday, December 8th. Good Luck!
And be sure to have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing!