1. First things first…AWESOME news. We got Alex tested again for strep earlier this week and we found out yesterday evening that his test was definitely negative, so he is NOT a carrier! I was nervous all week thinking about it, and am just so glad we’re in the clear (at least for now!). <3
2. Okay, I’ve gotta know…parent to parent…does anyone else kinda sorta dread bath time???
I always seem to hear others talk about bath time as if it’s a fun part of the nightly bedtime routine, but ours is inevitably a complete disaster just about every bath night (we usually do every other night in the winter/spring before it gets too hot/sweaty/dirty). Maybe it’s just our kiddos, but man…there is always just some sort of drama and it’s pretty much a guarantee that someone will wind up crying.
Tell me we aren’t the only ones?!??! OR, tell me your secrets to making bath time fun again with more than one kiddo (it was never eeeeeasy, per se, with just Lucas, but now having both is a complete whirlwind!) : )
3. Hey spring, did you hear the news? You’re supposed to be here by now!
4. Did those of you who follow on Instagram check out the new light we installed in our mudroom? I am in looooove.
I finally purchased this light from Birch Lane after eyeballing it for months (similar to what I did with our kitchen light!) and I’m so glad I went for it. Now I’m actually trying to figure out where else we can put another one in the house!
5. If there ever was a more fitting shirt for our sweet Alex…
I found this one on Old Navy a few weeks ago and immediately had to snag it. SO fitting.
6. I bought a different type of lettuce mix this past week, and it feels weird saying it but…it just tastes too…plant-ish? Leafy? I don’t know, there’s just something about it where some bites make me feel like I’m gnawing on something from my back yard.
Okay, maybe that’s a little excessive, but do you guys know what I’m talking about??
7. I need a new purse. Okay, I want a new purse. Something maybe in a rose/blush color that will coordinate well with browns or blacks or navy. I also think I’d want a tote, or maybe something with a strap that could easily convert it to be cross-body, too? I sort of like the look of this one, but I think I need more pockets inside. So I’m leaning a bit towards this one and this one from Target – what do you guys think??
8. So we had a HomeGoods open up about 5 minutes down the road from our house a couple of weeks ago (haaaalp) and I just got there for the first time yesterday. SO many fun things on display!
Here are just a couple that I sent to Jay telling him I wanted…
Ultimately, I left with new salt/pepper grinders (ours broke), a new soap dispenser, and a small wreath. I really wanted pretty much every faux plant I saw because, for whatever reason, I am always drawn to them. Maybe it’s because I can’t keep real plants alive…?
9. Okay, I’m curious about something…how are you guys spending your time on the internet these days? Are you reading a bunch of blogs (the fact that you’re reading this right now means I must say THANK YOU for choosing to come here!!!)? Are you scanning social media sites? Are you falling down the black hole that is Pinterest? Are you shopping?
I feel like not only has the internet really changed since I first started blogging (holy crap, this month marks EIGHT YEARS?!?!), but obviously with that, the ages/interests/priorities of those who were reading so many blogs back in the day have really changed, too.
So if you feel like chatting and leaving a comment today, I’d love to hear from you!
And with that, I’m off for today – I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3