1. Happy LAST day of MAY to you!! May seems to be one of our crazier months the past couple of years, likely due to a mix of baseball, parties, other work-related stuff. So it’s no surprise that the month flew by for us, but I’m still having a hard time believing tomorrow is the start of June…!
2. We did pizza on the grill the other night, and I was once again reminded of the fact that we just do not make this nearly enough. It is always SO GOOD.
(You can see how we do our grilled pizzas in this post and this OLD post!). We had some chicken sausage on hand, so I cooked that up and sauteed some peppers and onions for our pizza, along with some roasted asparagus. And since we had two pizza doughs on hand, we split one of them in half and let each of the boys make their own pizzas. It was a hit!
3. Despite the fun you see Alex having, I think we were lucky if we got him to eat about half of a piece…my goodness, has he been picky lately! Some days, I swear, the kids exists on milk and air. I don’t know HOW he is so solid for the small amounts of food he eats?!
4. Speaking of foods I’d rather not eat in small amounts… ; ) I was pumping gas the other day at Stewart’s (aka, home of my favorite cookie dough ice cream) and couldn’t help but catch this flyer for their limited edition flavors…
Ummm, I’ll take a pint of Toffee Pie Time and Peanut Butter Cookie, please!
5. Banana Republic Factory is having an extra 50% OFF all of their dresses for today ONLY! Just use code 50DRESS! I’m loving the look of this stripe sheath dress, along with this cute t-shirt shift dress (bonus, it has pockets!).
6. My obsession with front-knot shirts continues…
I think this may be my favorite shirt from my semi-recent purchase from TJ Maxx. Super comfy and paired awesome with some white jeans (these are very similar to mine, which are Just Black brand from Stitch Fix a few years ago).
7. FYI! Speaking of Stitch Fix, if you’ve been considering giving it a try for your kiddos, you can use this link to get a $50 (!!!) credit on your first fix! I’m planning on scheduling another fix for Lucas soon because the kid is in serious need of some more summer clothes (Alex is currently wearing everything that Lucas wore LAST summer…!).
8. Alex is going to be turning 3 (hold me…) in just a couple short weeks, and we’ve been going back and forth on what we want to get him. Currently, our top contender is this Step2 Extreme Thrill Coaster, which is very similar to the one he was playing on (and loving) at the party earlier this week.
I just don’t know if it’ll get enough use?! If anyone has had any killer gift ideas for a 3 year old lately, I’d love to hear ’em!
9. So I had a thought the other day, and maybe it’s just me…but does anyone else feel pressured to do all. the. things. come summer? I mean, summer is probably my favorite season of the year, and I’m all for finding fun things to do! But I feel like every time I turn around, I’m seeing bucket lists, and activities, and ideas, and I’m like, yeah, that’s great and all…but when am I going to pack in all of this fun stuff?! I’m still sitting at my desk the majority of the week, summer or not!
Meanwhile, I’m also scrambling to try and find (and pay for) enough summer camp options for my (school-aged) kiddo, so that he still has something to do while we’re working! I suppose, such is the life of a working mom…and don’t get me wrong, I truly do enjoy being a working parent. I guess I was just feeling a little frustrated the other day and had to vent.
K, I feel better now. : )
Alright friends, that’s all I’ve got for today. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3