1. End of August? Already?! I think out of all of the summer months, August had to have flown by the quickest. But this means it’s kinda sorta the end of summer and, well, I’m just. not. ready. for. it. to. end.
2. I have found a new favorite lipstick and I am seriously in love. I’ve actually never been much of a lipstick person (my mom was always telling me my lips “needed some color!”) and have always favored my plain ol’ chapstick. But this Sheer Lipstick from Beautycounter is now totally my jam.
I ordered it in Twig, since it seemed pretty neutral, and it’s perfect. Not sticky like lip gloss but not so heavy like lipstick either. I’d highly recommend!
3. Latest HomeGoods find I’ve got my eye on…
I’ve seen these bar stools at our local store before (and there was only one at the time!), but then they disappeared. Now they’re back and I’ve seriously got my eye on ’em. Our current bar stools, although I love them, are an absolute mess from the boys sitting at them and these would just be so much easier to clean up. We’ll see!
4. So I finished up my FB Mass program from Fitness Blender about a week ago, and I’ve decided to go back and do a THIRD round of the FB Strong program (you can read my review on that here!). There’s just something about that program that I really love, and I’m excited to go through it again and see if I can hit some personal strength goals again!
5. It’s Labor Day weekend, so you know what that means…lots of SALES!! Here are a few that caught my eye…
- J. Crew Factory is having 50% OFF — when Jay and I went outlet shopping a couple of weeks ago, I picked up this collar sweater and this short-sleeve lace top (in champagne). I’m also loving this turtleneck sweater tank
- Macy’s has an extra 20% off with code WKND — I’ve actually sorta had my eye on this bedroom set…!
- Old Navy is having all sorts of sales, plus 50% off all jeans, tees, sweatshirts, and dresses. That includes my favorite Slim-Fit High-Neck Sleeveless Tees and Luxe High-Neck Swing Tanks!
- Express is 40% OFF — I think I may need to stock up on a couple more Portofino Shirts. They’re some of my favorites and great for work.
6. It’s been a while, so Cody wanted to say hi! While writing myself reminders for this post in bed last night, he came up and did his normal routine of jumping up to say goodnight, and then proceeds to fly off the bed and dart down the hallway, running up and down the stairs like a crazy kitty. Every. single. night.
7. Sometimes, you just need some fro yo in your life.
I had to run out to pick up a couple things after the boys were in bed last night, and I couldn’t resist swinging in to 16 Handles on my way home. It had been forever since I had some. So good!
8. Need some recipe ideas for the upcoming holiday weekend? Heading to a potluck? Want to make a little breakfast treat at home? Here are a few favorites!
- Cinnamon Chip Scones
- Triple Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Healthy Roasted Potato and Veggie Salad
- The Best Ever Chicken Salad
- White Chocolate Cookies & Cream Cookies
- Chocolate Raspberry Bars
- The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
I’m actually planning on trying out a couple of new recipes over the weekend to (hopefully!) share with you guys soon.
9. We have a packed weekend ahead over here! Get-together with neighbors at our house tomorrow, party in Saratoga on Sunday, and likely (one of the last) pool days at my parents’ on Monday. Great way to end the summer, I’d say!
I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing! <3