Hey heyyyyy! We’re so excited it’s Monday!
Kidding. We’re really not. Weekend went by too fast. Booooo.
We had a pretty low-key Saturday…
- We had to have one of our couches picked up to get repaired/replaced, so now we’re down to one couch for an unknown amount of time.
- Lucas and I went out to do our weekly grocery shopping and he decided to have a mini-meltdown in the frozen food isle. It was awesome.
- We played a LOT of hide and seek under the blankets.
- I had a killer, double T25 workout (Speed 3.0 + Rip’t Circuit) and it was great. Apparently I’m not totally giving up on it!
- Jay worked a little bit on the final details of the bathroom remodel (yep, we’re still truckin’ along on that one…we have a “due date” of November 1st!).
- We had THE most delicious dinner…
Jay spent some time in the kitchen Saturday afternoon making homemade sauce AND chicken parmesan for us, and it was soooo ridiculously good. That chicken was huge though, so I only made it through about half…leftovers, baby.
Sunday morning we had a quick visit from my parents and then after Lucas’s nap, we headed over to Brian and Mal’s house for some good food, football, and fun with framily (no, that post title wasn’t a typo…they’re our friends/family).
I ended up trying this UFO pumpkin beer and I. Am. Obsessed.
Honestly, I had kinda written pumpkin beer off because none of them were really doing it for me, but this stuff was incredible. On a mission now to find myself a six-pack. Oh, and a chouch…I seriously LOVE their chair/couch. It’s soooo comfy.
If only we had room in our house…some day!
Lucas also got the chance to hang out with his cuz, Chase (Sarah and Jeff’s adorable babe).
They don’t know it yet, but these two are gonna be best buds some day. And I’m sure they’ll be causing all sorts of trouble before we know it.
The boys…and apparently, my little boy was too cool for photos.
And the girls…please excuse my dirty, crazy looking mess of hair.
Of course, it wouldn’t be football Sunday at Brian and Mal’s without some of Mal’s Easy Chili. It’s one of my absolute favorite chili recipes.
We had to bail shortly after eating since Lucas missed his afternoon nap and was getting a little, well, done with the day. So we came home, gave him a tubby, put him to bed, and got all of the lunches and some other meal prep ready for the week.
Oh hey, yeah, guess what? I actually meal planned a bit for this week. Here’s what we’ve got on tap…I’ll start with this past Saturday since that’s how I planned it:
- Saturday: Baked Chicken Parmesan with Jay’s homemade sauce (recipe to come!)
- Sunday: Out to Brian & Mal’s for football with Mal’s Easy Chili
- Monday: Crockpot Burgundy Beef Stew and Cheesy Italian Quick Bread
- Tuesday: Easy Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry
- Wednesday: Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Thursday: Leftovers (we’ll have plenty!)
- Friday: Wing it/order out
How about you guys? Good weekend? Any meal planning for this week? Feel free to share anything you’ve got planned or are excited to try…I’m always looking for new ideas!