These Heath Bar Crunch Cookie Bars are a STSL favorite! Buttery and gooey with sweet and crunch toffee chunks, they basically melt in your mouth and just put a smile on your face.
Ever since I tried the Heath Bar Crunch cookie from The Fresh Market last week, I’ve pretty much been obsessed. And that’s probably putting it lightly. Ask me if I got one this weekend on our stop back to get more coffee and pasta…I’ll proudly tell you ABSOLUTELY; and I wasn’t even ashamed to ask the girl in the bakery if there were any extra when I noticed the case was empty. I guess I’m a die hard.
On Sunday, I offered to provide some sweets for our Football party…since they’re already kind of expected from me as it is. I wanted something that would be quick and easy to be able to “grab ‘n eat” while watching the games. So I automatically thought: COOKIES.
However, some days I just really don’t feel like standing in front of the oven, plopping spoonfuls of dough onto cookie trays. Anyone else with me? So that’s where the cookie BARS came into play.
You can never go wrong with a classic chocolate chip, am I right? BUT then again, why not jazz it up a bit? Since I already had Heath bars on the brain, I decided to attempt to my own version of them. Because, well, I’m obsessed.
The Heath bars in these cookies are absolutely phenomenal. And please, don’t go buying actual Heath bars and attempt to crush them up yourself…way too much work. Just buy the bag of the Toffee Heath Bar Bits at the grocery store, and you’re good to go.
Oh, and if you’re a chocolate fan like me, feel free to add in extra chocolate chips…life’s just always a little better with more chocolate.
One of the keys to the moist, dough-like consistency of these bars is to undercook them. After 10 minutes, when I pulled mine out of the oven, they definitely did not look done. But TRUST ME, leave ‘em alone until they’re completely cooled, and you won’t regret it. Either will your friends.
Heath Bar Crunch Cookie Bars
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups Toffee Heath Bar Bits
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture; mix until just combined
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray a 10x15x1 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray (a 9×13 pan will work as well). Spread cookie dough evenly in the pan.
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes. They will still be soft in the center. Remove from oven, and let pan cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into desired amount of bars. ENJOY!
And just for fun, a little throwback to the original photos from when this recipe was first published in 2010.
Looking for more sweet treats? Check out the Recipe Index!