This post is brought to you by a STSL sponsor!
These Jamaican Jerk Chicken Tacos with Grilled Pineapple-Mango Salsa are a must-have for any time of year! Filled with protein and sweet, refreshing pineapple and mangoes, they’re a combination that can’t be beat!
I feel like, if I were a strategic blogger and all that, this recipe probably would have been better suited to share a few months back, at the beginning of summer. Buuuut, such is life as a busy mama. Besides, whether it’s June or September, these tacos are still going to be delicious.
As I mentioned last week, I’m super excited to be partnering with LaTortilla Factory for today’s post, which is a brand that I’ve been eating and loving for years now. Their tortillas are, hands down, the first brand that I always gravitate towards. They’re just the best! And now, they have all of these Non-GMO Handmade Style tortillas which are just THE best.
Snag your $1 off coupon for their Hand Made Style tortillas HERE now!
If you happen to spot them in the store, pick them up. I promise you, you will NOT regret it.
So as for today’s recipe? Ummm, SO good.
The tacos are light and refreshing, thanks to the fresh, homemade salsa, but the chicken and black beans add plenty of protein to help keep you satisfied. Combine all of that with the soft, ‘homemade’ like tortillas, and it’s just a winning dish.
For this recipe, I used the LaTortilla Factory Handmade Style White Corn & Wheat Tortillas, and they were perfect. I’m not always a huge corn tortilla person, but these weren’t at all crumbly or bland like other corn tortillas I’ve experienced in the past. They’re soft, flexible, and have an incredible taste and texture.
I also used this jerk seasoning blend, which was awesome. Not too spicy for me, which is saying a lot.
The tacos actually come together super quick, and could be even quicker if you prep the salsa and/or grill the chicken ahead of time. And quick + easy is always a bonus over here, especially on weeknights!
2 hrPrep Time
30 minCook Time
2 hr, 30 Total Time
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp dried jerk seasoning rub
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into rings
- 1 fresh mango, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15-ounce) can seasoned black beans, drained
- 1 package La Tortilla Factory White Corn Hand Made Style Tortillas
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- To prepare jerk chicken, combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to jerk mixture, turning to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- While chicken marinates, preheat grill.
- To prepare pineapple-mango salsa, grill pineapple rings 2 minutes on each side. Cut pineapple into 1/2 inch cubes. Combine pineapple, mango, onion, cilantro and juice of 2 limes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate.
- Place beans in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, lightly mashing beans with a wooden spoon. Keep warm.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Grill chicken until done, about 4-6 minutes on each side. Slice chicken into strips and set aside.
- Heat tortillas on the grill or directly over a gas flame, flipping as they begin to bubble. Place tortillas on a flat work surface and smear evenly with mashed beans. Top evenly with chicken. Top each taco with 2 tablespoons salsa. Serve with lime wedges and remaining salsa. Enjoy!
Original recipe from LaTortilla Factory
Oh, and they also make awesome leftovers for lunches, too (that is, if you have enough left over!). ;)
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by LaTortilla Factory! Thank you for your continued support surrounding sponsored content on STSL!<3