1. Can’t believe it’s already Wednesday and I’m just now getting the chance to sit down and write. Plus, considering it’s the day before Thanksgiving and all, who knows if there’s even anyone out there reading today?! So if you are, HI!
2. It totally seems like ages ago when “Thanksgiving Eve” was all about being the “biggest party night of the year” and going out and enjoying a beverage…or five. This year, I think I’ll be lucky if my eyelids make it until 9pm. I’ve got a day full of Thanksgiving prep ahead of me today!
3. Both boys have been…once again…battling some nasty coughs and colds for the past week. We had a rough few days (poor Alex seemed to get it the worst), but I think (at least for now) we’re on the up and up. Nosefrida, for the win.
4. P.S. – maybe it’s just me, but I really don’t find this thing to be as gross as many people make it out to be. Where do you guys stand?? I mean, maybe I’m just not good at using it, but my kids’ boogies have never made it anywhere near the top of the sucker thing?? Then again, I could just be gross and have passed the point of not caring? ; –)
5. I’ve been some preliminary Christmas shopping for the boys for the past couple of weeks. And by preliminary, it means that my inbox is filled with links to items, and my phone is filled with pictures of things I thought looked good while browsing Target. But now I’m in that whole limbo phase of, “Do I buy now? Do I wait for Black Friday or Cyber Monday?”
6. One thing I did wind up ordering yesterday was this Dust! Sweep! Mop! set by Melissa & Doug (because Target is having Buy 1, Get 1 50% off right now!!!) because both of the boys have both really been into “cleaning” the house lately (they already love using this cleaning set, which I got for Christmas last year).
And since it’s all Buy 1, Get 1 50% off, I also picked up this baking set for Lucas, because he always loves helping me in the kitchen, and I’d love to start getting him more involved.
7. One item that’s still on my list but haven’t bought yet is this Kid Trax CAT Quad for Alex. Since he’s definitely not big enough to be driving the bigger cars with the rest of the neighborhood boys, I thought this would be perfect for him for next year.
8. For the first time in weeks…no, probably months, I set my alarm for 5:30am and got up for an early morning workout this past week. And it felt GOOD! Granted, it didn’t happen the next day, but I’ve told myself that I’m going to try to commit to two early mornings per week for now, in hopes of trying to get back into the swing of things. Fingers crossed!
9. For anyone who may be interested, I’m having some really fun Black Friday sales coming up with Usborne Books & More! Those of you who have subscribed to my Usborne newsletter will get some exclusive deals on Friday(!), but also be sure to join my Usborne Books Facebook VIP group for a big FLASH SALE this Friday! You can SIGN UP HERE, and I’ll be sure to approve you ASAP (the group is a fun mix of literacy tips, book highlights, giveaways, and VIP specials). You won’t want to miss out!!!
(P.S. – I also have THREE more spots open for holiday Facebook parties…check out the exclusive prizes you can win from ME (ahem, Kendra Scott earrings…Kindle!) + hostess rewards, and shoot me an email or comment below if you’re interested!!)
10. Lucas had a little Thanksgiving “feast” at preschool earlier this week, and he came home in the most adorable little outfit that they made. He was SO excited to show us (which is rare, because asking him any sort of questions about preschool typically result in an “I don’t knowwww….”)!
11. Speaking of Thanksgiving, I’m hosting again this year! And I still need to finalize my menu today. Although I did start defrosting my turkey on Friday, so here’s hoping I don’t wind up with a frozen bird like I did last year. Ha!
If you’re in need of a few last minute recipes, I’m planning on making this crockpot applesauce today, these brownie parfaits (likely in a large trifle), and possibly even my favorite Apple Cider Cupcakes (because, really, we’re not big pie people over here!).
Alright everyone, I’m off for today! I’m not sure when I’ll be back, so I’m wishing all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving and a fantastic week ahead! <3