1. Thanks to some super hot and sunny weather we’ve been having here, we’ve been spending extra time over at my parents’ pool.
While we’d definitely love to have a pool of our own again some day (ohh, how I miss that pool), it’s just not in the cards for us quite yet. So we’re very lucky to have this one to drive down the road to!
Lucas just absolutely adores his papa. <3
2. Last week, I decided to place an order for a couple of the items from Primally Pure’s new Summer Home Collection, and I am SO pumped about them because I feel like we’re already entering the world of “lingering boy smell” in this house and it could use a little freshening up, if we’re being honest!
This Summer scent smells SO good, and everyone in the house is a fan. I’ve been diffusing it in the mornings and it adds a nice, subtle scent to the air. In case you want to give any of their products a try, you can use my affiliate link to get 10% off your first order! I love Primally Pure, and have for a few years now…especially their Blue Tansy deodorant. It’s my favorite.
3. Did you guys know that National Ice Cream Day was this past Sunday?
I couldn’t let the day go by without celebrating, so I stopped down at Stewart’s to grab some double scoops for Jay and myself after putting the boys to bed. Ughh, their cookie dough is just THE best. They also have a vanilla + salted caramel swirl flavor out right now, called Civility, which has also been my jam. A scoop of each, and I’m one happy girl.
4. So, as you guys likely already know, we had to put Cody down last month. Well, after we got back from vacation, we were able to pick his ashes up from the vet, and we also had this sweet little surprise.
They saved some of his fluffy, orange fur and made a little mold from his paw print. I immediately cried as soon as I opened it, but I’m so appreciative of the fact that we have this keepsake we can hold onto. We sure do miss that little guy. <3
5. I’ve been trying reeeeeally hard to cut down on the amount of iced coffees I’d been purchasing lately (damn you, Dunkin’ for offering $2.00 for the past 2 months…!), so I decided to grab some of this Califia Cold Brew coffee the last time I was at the grocery store as a replacement.
While it doesn’t totally compare to my beloved caramel mocha from Dunkin’, this cold brew is actually really good. I’ve been mixing it with some milk and a squeeze of chocolate syrup, and it definitely hits the spot. I think next time I’m going to give the medium roast a try!
6. You know, I wish I would stop going so long without having avocado toast in my life. I go through phases where I love it, then I sort of forget about it for a while. But man, top it with a little Everything But the Bagel seasoning, and it is seriously one of my favorite savory snacks.
7. So one night while I was laying in bed on vacation, I happened to be scrolling through Instagram and came across a post for IdealFit. I’ve seen their products around for a LONG time, and they’ve always sounded good, I just never took the chance to actually bite the bullet and make the purchase. Well, they were having a crazy good sale (and they STILL are…45% OFF!!!), so I went for it.
I haven’t had a chance to try the clear whey protein powder yet, but that really intrigued me. I liked the idea of having something a little lighter, so I’ll be sure to report back once I do! The chocolate brownie protein is SO good. I’ve been mixing it with a little water + chocolate almond milk and it’s delicious. I really need to toss it in the blender and make a smoothie next.
I’m now also totally obsessed with the raspberry lemonade BCAA’s, too. I’d always been curious about BCAA’s (Branch Chain Amino Acids), and they’re said to aid with improving muscle recovery and building lean muscle. The flavor is great, and I’ve been drinking that during my workouts. It is pretty sweet, so I just increase the amount of water I use with each scoop to lessen the strength of it. I also snagged a few different samples with my order, so I’m excited to give those a shot soon, too!
If you want to give any of their products a try, they are having 45% OFF sitewide right now AND you can also use my referral code COURTNEY-R1HZ for an extra 20% OFF any order of $40+!!