Pyramid Treadmill Workouts

by Courtney on September 8, 2011

Goooood morning, friends! Great news…I am back to feeling like my old self. Thank goodness!

Before going to bed last night, I set my alarm for my usual Thursday 5am wakeup call, figuring I’d see how I felt in the morning before deciding if I’d head to the gym. Thankfully, I woke up feeling feeling 100 times better, so on went the sneakers and off I went.

In today’s BodyPump class, we did the full Release 79, which I’m still somewhat on the fence about.

• Pro: Killer tricep, lunge, and abs tracks.
  • Con: Almost every song on this release is a remix, and they aren’t usually my favorite.

Either way, I’m sure I’ll get used to it, and judging by how my muscles felt this morning after Tuesday’s workout, I’m thinking Release 79 and I will get along just fine.

I followed up class with 25 minutes of incline walking on the treadmill while reading a magazine and rocking out to my killer playlist. Initially, I had planned on doing a new pyramid treadmill routine that I came up with yesterday, but I decided to save it until tomorrow. However, because I have a really hard time holding things back, I’m still going to share it with ya’ll today.

Here ya go:

Pyramid Treadmill Workout

Because I know that I have a many runners AND walkers out there, I decided to give both variations for this routine. I also came up with a couple other variations for the same routine, which you can see here. (<—*That link also has the printable versions of the workouts, too.*)

Breakfast

Heyyyy, guess what? I had pumpkin with breakfast again today. Are you surprised? Winking smile

I was craving cool and creamy this morning, so I put together a yogurt/cereal bowl:

Before…

After.

Of course, a nice, warm mug of coffee is currently being sipped on, too.

Later this morning, I have a very important trip to make to visit a very special person. I’ll fill ya’ll in on why it’s such a special trip later on today!

Questions for the Morning:

WOULD YOU RATHER…

• Take the elevator –OR- the escalator?
  • Be a worried genius –OR- a joyous simpleton?
  • Be trapped in an elevator with wet dogs –OR- three extremely large men with bad breath?

**I’m starting to run low on the WYR questions! If anyone has any that they’d like to submit, feel free to email ‘em to me at sweettoothcourtney[@]gmail[.]com!

1 Aine @ Something to Chew Over September 8, 2011 at 9:15 am

I wrote a really long comment but somehow I made it disappear! Too lazy to retype ;)

Looking forward to hearing about the special trip!
Aine @ Something to Chew Over recently posted..Vanilla Sponge Cake with Raspberry Jam and Cream Filling

2 Gina @ running to the kitchen September 8, 2011 at 9:23 am

Love the 2 variations on the treadmill workout. The runnig one looks killer!
The thought of being in an elevator with big men+ bad breath makes me gag!
Gina @ running to the kitchen recently posted..It’s official!

3 Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance September 8, 2011 at 9:35 am

I would absolutely rather take the escalator! Who wouldn’t take moving stairs ?!
Brittany @ Itty Bits of Balance recently posted..Mr. September

4 Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries September 8, 2011 at 9:38 am

I’m not usually a fan of remixes in workout classes either. It’s like “Wait, am I in a club?” Not a fan.
Colleen @ The Lunchbox Diaries recently posted..Even With the Best Intentions

5 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries September 8, 2011 at 9:42 am

Take the escalator! At least I can see where I am, and if it breaks, I won’t be trapped!
A joyous simpleton for sure. I hate worrying…it does nothing good for ya.
Wet dogs any day!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Circuit Stations Workout

6 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life September 8, 2011 at 9:45 am

I’m loving your fall place mats!

It depends how high I’m going. I wouldn’t wanna be on an escalator for 50 floors.
Somewhere right in between. :)
The thought of big men and smelly breath made me gag so I guess I’ll chose the dogs!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Labor Day Weekend -Duex-

7 Hannah September 8, 2011 at 9:46 am

escalator. they are so much more fun!
be in a elevator with smelly dogs.. not gross men!
your breakfast looks so yummy!
Hannah recently posted..Team Philly Race Team

8 Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly September 8, 2011 at 9:48 am

How in the world do you have all that energy to do a treadmill work out after a body pump class? I envy thee =)

Breakfast looks delish!
Becky @ Fit Chick on the Fly recently posted..Decadent Roasted Vegetables

9 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles September 8, 2011 at 9:53 am

I love that workout! I tend to go fast but not for as long. I should do this for sure! Maybe I’d get a longer workout in! …Great idea!
Pumpkin time is here for sure!!!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Sunset love… and…. BOLD BLOGGING!

10 Khushboo September 8, 2011 at 9:55 am

Ohh I like the sound of this workout- thanks! Besides min 5-6, it doesn’t look too ass-kicking but enough to work me OUT! I may or may not have put a reminder to print it out on Sunday evening for my Monday morning workout!
Khushboo recently posted..5 things

11 Samantha @ Because I Can September 8, 2011 at 10:03 am

That’s a great TM workout – I’ll definitely be trying that one! How do you come up with all of these great workout ideas?
Samantha @ Because I Can recently posted..Treadmill Running and Epic Salads (Day 10)

12 Courtney September 8, 2011 at 10:20 am

This one actually just came to me yesterday! I remembered trying out something pyramid-style before, so I tried incorporating some speeds that would work :)

13 Liz @ Tip Top Shape September 8, 2011 at 10:33 am

Definitely escalators. If you get stuck, you just climb down!
Liz @ Tip Top Shape recently posted..Pasta with Eggplant and Tomato Caponata

14 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries September 8, 2011 at 10:41 am

Ohhh your eats look DELICIOUS! I would rather take the escalator than elevator, be a joyous simpleton than a worrywart, definitely be trapped in an elevator with the wet dogs. I LOVE dogs!!! :)
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..Through the Years: Freshman Fundamentals

15 Brandi R September 8, 2011 at 10:42 am

Thanks for the walking treadmill workout! I would never have thought to make my own treadmill workouts like you do. I’m not a runner, but I walk very comfortably at 4.0 – 5.0, so I recreated it and adjusted the numbers.

I’m actually excited to get to my workout today! Keep posting your workout variations, if you don’t mind!

Thanks!

16 Lyndsie @ highcottonlivin.com September 8, 2011 at 10:47 am

So glad you’re feeling better! :)

I would rather take the escalator, be a joyous simpleton, and be stuck with wet dogs.
Lyndsie @ highcottonlivin.com recently posted..It’s a Cow

17 Kelly @ Not So Rocky Road September 8, 2011 at 10:50 am

Thanks for sharing your Pyramid Treadmill workout! I can’t wait to try it!
Kelly @ Not So Rocky Road recently posted..Tell It

18 Shari @ The Daily Dish September 8, 2011 at 10:52 am

That breakfast bowl looks great. So happy pumpkin is back! :)
Shari @ The Daily Dish recently posted..Lunch for the Week

19 Faith September 8, 2011 at 11:14 am

I’d much rather be w/ the wet dogs than bad breath gents. No question.
Faith recently posted..Fall Fitness Challenge: TIU

20 Jess @ Jess Go Bananas September 8, 2011 at 11:19 am

I am a total elevator person! I would love to be a joyous simpleton but I guess I will have to settle with being a worrying genius ;) And I would take the wet dogs any day!
Jess @ Jess Go Bananas recently posted..How I Handle Fear

21 Ruthie Hart September 8, 2011 at 11:29 am

must make something pumpkin stat!! I wish they had pumpkin froyo!
Ruthie Hart recently posted..Labor Day at the lake!

22 Molly September 8, 2011 at 11:42 am

omg never even thought of combining pumpkin and greek yogurt… gunna try it! thanks!
Molly recently posted..TACKY!

23 Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled September 8, 2011 at 11:58 am

That workout looks intense! I wish I had a treadmill to try it out on.

I finally busted out my first fall can of pumpkin and made some pumpkin pie granola. Even my stepson liked it! Can’t wait to make some pumpkin oatmeal tomorrow. Yum!
Rosa – Fitness, Food, Fulfilled recently posted..Pumpkin Pie Granola

24 Julia September 8, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Thank you for these workouts. I can’t wait to try them.

Also, I’m dying for the next BP release. We’ve been doing the same one (78) b/c we started a new session at school. It changes up next week, and according to your muscles’ reaction, I’m excited.
Julia recently posted..September 7 – Progress: It’s Happening!

25 Lindsay @ biking before bed September 8, 2011 at 12:02 pm

I love the idea of a pyramid workout. I do them on the elliptical all the time but I’m excited to try your treadmill one! I’m vert apprehensive about this new bodypump release. My instructor keeps complaining about it! I feel like since I have started bodypump 2 years ago the workouts have gotten better… maybe I am just better at challenging myself? but the music has gotten worse.
Lindsay @ biking before bed recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday… Round 1!

26 Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health September 8, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Glad you’re feeling so much better!!! And that workout looks awesome :)
Lindsay@ In Sweetness and In Health recently posted..Walk it Out

27 Kelly September 8, 2011 at 12:11 pm

OOh these are good:

1. escalator…I get clastrophobic
2. a joyous simpleton
3. Wet Dogs…definitely!
Kelly recently posted..normalcy

28 Lindsey September 8, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Escalator – I hate elevators and avoid them at all costs – but the other day in Vegas I had to take one up 28 floors at Treasure Island. Fun times ;)
I am a worrier already so might as well be a genius too!
Wet dogs for sure!
Lindsey recently posted..Guest Post: Healthy, Happy Pets

29 colleen @ thegiftofmondays September 8, 2011 at 1:06 pm

walking, reading and listening to music? talk about multi-tasking!!! i’m just trying not to FALL off the treadmill when i’m on there (i’m the queen of ungracefulness!)

but once again, you inspire me to climb higher :)

happy thursday!!!
colleen @ thegiftofmondays recently posted..it’s going to be a great day

30 Shayla @ The Good Life September 8, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Since you’re feeling better today I better get me some EmergenC!! And while I’m at the store, definitely some pumpkin, your breakfast looks delish!!

Definitely the escalator – I have fears of getting trapped in an elevator, ha!

Be a joyous simpleton – I like being happy :)

Ugh…since this is a fear of mine I’d have to say with wet dogs since they make me happy, even if they’re wet! ;)
Shayla @ The Good Life recently posted..A New Relationship…

31 Erica September 8, 2011 at 3:36 pm

escalator!!!
joyous simpleton…
wet dogs. :)
Erica recently posted..i’m married!!!!

32 Jess@atasteofconfidence September 8, 2011 at 7:19 pm

Glad you are feeling better. I hate elevators so I would prefer escalators, a joyous simpleton (nothing matters more than being happy!), and DEFINITELY wet dogs.
Jess@atasteofconfidence recently posted..Our Trip: Absolute Nothingness and Stanley, Idaho

33 Lizzie September 8, 2011 at 10:21 pm

yummm pumpkin breakfast sounds soo good!!!
and awesome job on the workout–glad ur feeling better!
Lizzie recently posted..busy bee+taste of madison