“Speed It Up” Treadmill Interval Run

by Courtney on February 20, 2012

Here’s a fun treadmill workout for you all to try this week:

Speed It Up Treadmill Interval Run

Pin It

The workout consists of 3 minute intervals at a recovery speed, followed by 1 minute intervals at quicker/sprint speeds. Both the recovery and sprinting intervals increase as you go through the workout, leaving you with a super speedy one minute sprint at the end.

Push yourself! You’re capable of more than you think!

1 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it February 20, 2012 at 1:42 pm

love it! interval runs always make me feel great after. they definitely help in terms of endurance and speed during longer runs, too. thanks!

2 Caroline February 20, 2012 at 2:52 pm

I haven’t tried interval runs yet (mostly because I can’t run for 30 minutes straight yet, but I’m getting there!). I’m hoping to reach my 30 minute goal in the next week or two and then I can start incorporating some of these intervals. Thanks for posting this!
Caroline recently posted..Valentine’s Day Recap – Greek Tomato Barley

3 Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl February 20, 2012 at 3:01 pm

This is the basic treadmill intervals I do every other day. Lends for a great workout!
Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl recently posted..Abs of Steel in Six-Weeks

4 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life February 20, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Love this work out! Quick sprints are such a great way to work on Spode and to take work outs up a notch. If you use the same speeds and times as you recommended, do you know the distance that would be completed by the end?
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Vow to Start Monday on a Healthy Note

5 Zoe June 2, 2014 at 12:22 am

When I did it, it was about 4 .04 miles

6 Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers February 20, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I really want a treadmill or a gym membership! Great workout!
Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers recently posted..Cinnamon Apple Pancakes

7 jasper naomi @ crunchylittlebites February 20, 2012 at 3:32 pm

you are DEFINITELY in the right profession :) you are a motivator! I am ready to “go” after reading!
jasper naomi @ crunchylittlebites recently posted..grandmama’s apple pie!

8 Kristen @ notsodomesticated February 20, 2012 at 3:51 pm

I love intervals, but I don’t think I’ve ever gone quite that fast before (the 9.0 speed!)! Thanks for sharing! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Saying Good-Bye.

9 Tara Burner February 20, 2012 at 7:15 pm

love it! pinned it :)
Tara Burner recently posted..Tips for Better Sleep

10 Shannon from Healthiful Balance February 21, 2012 at 6:31 am

Looks like a great workout, thanks for sharing! :)
Shannon from Healthiful Balance recently posted..Anorexic to Fit Series {Part 2}

11 weight loss tips July 10, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Just wish to say your article is as astonishing. The
clarity in your post is simply great and i can assume you are an expert on this
subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed
to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.
weight loss tips recently posted..weight loss tips

12 wyrobienie pieczatki September 25, 2013 at 6:52 am

A pre-inked stamp, for the other hand, contains the ink-supply stored
from the stamp handle oor cover. Looking for a way to create
learning to count more pleasurable. There arre lots of samples around the Net that it is possible to uncover to guide you with the best
way to increase the rubber stamp as the scrapbooking instrument.
wyrobienie pieczatki recently posted..wyrobienie pieczatki

13 Tina April 4, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Sometimes there is nothing better than a really tough workout that makes you sweat! I have learned some great advices on how to get prepared to the hardest trainings from this blog: militarygradenutritionals.com/blog/. Beside other things, they provide awesome info about DOMS relief. Now I can easily go through 2 or even 3 consecutive training classes in the gym. Because of increased endurance I never more feel exhausted after my workouts. And the best part: my pounds go off easily and my shape is better than ever before!