Like Warm Banana Bread

by Courtney on February 25, 2012

Hola amigos! What’s shakin’?

Sorry, I can’t help with the sporadic Spanish talk every now and then. Jay and I have been doing it for the past couple of days and it appears as if we’re not quite ready to break the habit yet. Holding on to our vacation much, eh?

So this morning, I had a quick shift at work and got to catch up with a fun client of mine. She’s a lot of fun to work with and we chat about anything and everything, so our hour practically flew by. I was thinking I might try to squeeze in an upper body workout while I was there (YAY for normal biceps again!) but I didn’t get the chance. No biggie…I’ll make tomorrow a weights day. I’ve missed them.

By the time I got home I was ready for some lunch. Thank goodness we had leftovers from last night because it’s still slim pickins’ around here! I heated up two slices of leftover veggie pizza and paired it with some baby carrots + hummus.

Good thing baby carrots last a while, since they’re the only veggie currently in our veggie drawer.

I followed up lunch with a little sweet snack: a banana flavored SOYJOY bar, which I heated up in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Folks, it’s like eating warm banana bread. AKA, it’s amazing. Just sayin’. Winking smile

Later this afternoon, Jay and I are heading out to meet up with a few of our friends for a fun little local event called Saratoga Beer Week.

beer week

As if I hadn’t already indulged enough last week, right? At least it’s not fruity drinks…I actually don’t think I could take anymore of those for a while now. BUT…bring on some fun new beers to try!

(Okay, I swear I’m really not as boozy as I sound! Haha)

The event is actually put on by the same group that organized the Oktobeerfest that we attended back in September, so it’s sure to be a fun time.

There are many events that are supposed to be taking place at some of the local bars and restaurants, including a few different beer tasting spots, food, and plenty of entertainment. Something tells me that today is just going to be a really, REALLY awesome time.

I’ll be sure to fill you guys and gals in later!

1 Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it February 25, 2012 at 2:35 pm

all this pizza is making me hungry! have fun :)
Mallory @ Have Your Cake and Eat it recently posted..What Defines an Adult?

2 Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life February 25, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Beer week sounds like a blast! I looove trying out new beers, especially from local breweries. Dot worry you don’t sound boozy. Everyone likes to drink from time to time!
Sylvia @ Frolic Through Life recently posted..Raspberry Pancakes

3 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life February 25, 2012 at 3:50 pm

That sounds so fun! My husband and I would love a beer event! I love taste testing as opposed to chugging one large glass, so this would be perfect for me! :-)
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..‘Clean Out the Fridge’ Pizza

4 Khushboo February 25, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Hope there are still some leftovers- nothing quite hits the spot after drinking like pizza does! ;)
Khushboo recently posted..The time I got lost in Dubai…

5 Caroline February 25, 2012 at 4:32 pm

My cousin lives in Saratoga – that looks like so much fun!
Caroline recently posted..Cauliflower “Mashed Potatoes”

6 Michelle (Better with Berries) February 25, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Beer Week looks like a lot of fun! I’m about to check out local events to see if there’s anything similar going on around here soon :-)
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..Race Series Part 3: The Marathon That Never Happened

7 Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt February 25, 2012 at 5:35 pm

I Love Me a Big Old Beer!
Dena @ 40 Fit in the Mitt recently posted..Eggtastic

8 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey February 25, 2012 at 5:54 pm

I’m the total opposite of you – I love bars frozen instead of heated up!! My favorite is a cashew cookie larabar.
chelsey @ clean eating chelsey recently posted..fun facts friday

9 Jen O. February 25, 2012 at 8:00 pm

I cannot wait to hear the whole Mexico story and see all the pictures! So far it looks like you’ve had a blast!! In the meantime, I found this recipe for Green Monster Muffins!! If you haven’t tried them yet, I suggest you do…they sound scrumptious!! Enjoy! :)

10 Lily February 25, 2012 at 8:57 pm

That SoyJoy bar looks delicious! I’m gonna have to get my hands on one of those :) Have fun at the outing!
Lily recently posted..Inspiration

11 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake February 26, 2012 at 8:23 am

Having a fun event like this to go to will make easing out of vacation mode easier! :-) Can’t wait to hear how it was!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..Recipe Re-Post