New Treadmill Routine + Lunchtime Efforts

So here I was preparing for a full day of cold, wet, and dreary weather…

…but apparently I don’t need to worry about THAT anymore? Somehow the rain made its way out much quicker than I had anticipated, so that makes me quite a happy camper. Now if it would just warm back up again…we’re getting so close!

Today’s Workout

Since my workout schedule got a little discombobulated last week, things are a little bit off from my schedule right now for this week. Today typically would have been a full body circuit workout day, but since my body is still hating me recovering from yesterday’s circuit, I decided to switch things up and make today a cardio day.

Tina provided us with a really great template for a 40 minute interval routine in our bootcamp program, so using her guidance, I ended up putting together the following run/walk treadmill workout:

40 minute run-walk intervals

If my memory serves me correctly, I’m pretty sure that this workout covered just about 3.75 miles, and it is actually quite similar to the workout I completed last Wednesday.

I followed this up with a solid 15 minutes of stretching and foam rolling before calling it a day…even though I think I’m going to have to get the foam roller out again tonight. Yowsahs.

After finishing up a quick conference call this afternoon, I headed out to the kitchen to make some lunch. As has been the case for the past couple of weeks, my initial reaction was to go for something with either carbs or peanut butter; however, I’ve decided to make an attempt to get in some more veggies and cut back slightly on the carbs at lunch this week.

So far, so good.

Today’s salad was filled to the brim with romaine, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, red peppers, baby carrots, dried cranberries, feta cheese, and the rest of my shredded chicken leftovers from Friday.

You know, it really is quite convenient having shredded chicken in the fridge to just grab and use immediately. I think I need to start keeping this sort of stuff on hand more often.

I needed a little something sweet after my salad, so I grabbed a Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie.

Yeah, yeah…I know I said less carbs at lunch, but these so totally don’t count. I mean, they’re mostly bananas anyway. Winking smile

I’m also now sipping on a mug of this green tea, which is pretty much the only green tea that I actually enjoy drinking.

As a side note, I updated the Workout Page a bit this morning with some of the newer exercise routines that I’ve recently posted, as well as a brand new drop-down menu with everything broken down into categories.

workout page

Hopefully, this will you give you guys easier access to the things you’re trying to find!

Time to head back to work…hope everyone’s Monday is off to a great start. Smile

1. laura says

Great tip for shredded chicken…….on Sundays, put boneless chicken breasts in slowcooker in 1 can of chicken broth. Low for 6 hours. Shred chicken and enjoy for the week! Can even be frozen in portions for later.

• Courtney says

Thanks Laura! I seriously need to do that…I actually just bought a big pack of chicken yesterday 😉

2. kyla says

Hi, Courtney! Thanks for the banana choc chip cookie recipe – sounds delish!!!
    Are you still on the nutrition plan wrote about a little while back?
    Curious as I’m about to start a similiar plan myself, and would love some guidance :)

• Courtney says

I actually haven’t been following the plan very well over the past month or so, but I’m going to be trying to get back into it. It’s very easy for me to linger off, as I’ve recently done, but once I get started again things should be smooth sailing! Good luck to you on your plan!

Your salad looks delicious! Dried cranberries (the unsweetened ones without all the added sugar), goat cheese, and pecans are one of my favorite toppings with the grilled chicken. It tastes like Thanksgiving in a bowl!

A tip? I buy a natural rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and use it throughout the week for quick meals…you can shred it on top of salads, throw it in a stir fry, use in quesadillas and so much more! The best part is they are usually no more than 6 or 7 dollars and there is a lot of meat on them! :)

4. Mollie says

that salad looks sooo delicious!!!! i always forget how good dried cranberries are on a salad. I totally forgot that I had some in my pantry and used them in unsweetened applesauce and heated it up with some cinnamon yesterday-such a good dessert!

Thanks for the workout page updates!!

My initial reaction when I’m hungry is always to reach for whatever has a lot of carbs or involves peanut butter, too. That salad looks really great! Hope you had a wonderful Monday!

I love that word, “discombobulated”.
    I’m thinking maybe some type of thai peanut ‘dressing’ needs to go on that salad to fulfill the “I want to eat PB right off the spoon’ urge. 😉
    Salad looks great. Love have chopped veggies and shredded chicken on hand. Then there is no excuse for eating more veggies, less carbs.
    Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl recently posted..Simple Sunday

Glad the rain is staying away from your neck of the woods. We’re getting enough of it here. :)

I love having frozen organic grilled chicken strips on hand for salads. They are pre-cooked and only take 7 minutes in the oven and a perfect to add to my salads.

Hope you enjoyed your Monday girl!
    Lauren recently posted..On Living a Positive Life