New Treadmill Routine + Lunchtime Efforts

by Courtney on April 23, 2012

So here I was preparing for a full day of cold, wet, and dreary weather…

…but apparently I don’t need to worry about THAT anymore? Somehow the rain made its way out much quicker than I had anticipated, so that makes me quite a happy camper. Now if it would just warm back up again…we’re getting so close!

Today’s Workout

Since my workout schedule got a little discombobulated last week, things are a little bit off from my schedule right now for this week. Today typically would have been a full body circuit workout day, but since my body is still hating me recovering from yesterday’s circuit, I decided to switch things up and make today a cardio day.

Tina provided us with a really great template for a 40 minute interval routine in our bootcamp program, so using her guidance, I ended up putting together the following run/walk treadmill workout:

40 minute run-walk intervals

If my memory serves me correctly, I’m pretty sure that this workout covered just about 3.75 miles, and it is actually quite similar to the workout I completed last Wednesday.

I followed this up with a solid 15 minutes of stretching and foam rolling before calling it a day…even though I think I’m going to have to get the foam roller out again tonight. Yowsahs.

Lunch

After finishing up a quick conference call this afternoon, I headed out to the kitchen to make some lunch. As has been the case for the past couple of weeks, my initial reaction was to go for something with either carbs or peanut butter; however, I’ve decided to make an attempt to get in some more veggies and cut back slightly on the carbs at lunch this week.

So far, so good.

Today’s salad was filled to the brim with romaine, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, red peppers, baby carrots, dried cranberries, feta cheese, and the rest of my shredded chicken leftovers from Friday.

You know, it really is quite convenient having shredded chicken in the fridge to just grab and use immediately. I think I need to start keeping this sort of stuff on hand more often.

I needed a little something sweet after my salad, so I grabbed a Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie.

Yeah, yeah…I know I said less carbs at lunch, but these so totally don’t count. I mean, they’re mostly bananas anyway. Winking smile

I’m also now sipping on a mug of this green tea, which is pretty much the only green tea that I actually enjoy drinking.

*****

As a side note, I updated the Workout Page a bit this morning with some of the newer exercise routines that I’ve recently posted, as well as a brand new drop-down menu with everything broken down into categories.

workout page

Hopefully, this will you give you guys easier access to the things you’re trying to find!

Time to head back to work…hope everyone’s Monday is off to a great start. Smile

1 Kristen @ notsodomesticated April 23, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Yay glad the weather has improved for you!! :) Everything is better with a little sunshine!
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Slow-Cooker Black Bean Enchiladas

2 krystal @coffeecardiogoddess April 23, 2012 at 1:53 pm

That salad looks awesome!! I need some dried cranberries for salads. Sounds good right now. I have that banana chocolate chip cookie recipe bookmarked too!
krystal @coffeecardiogoddess recently posted..Sunday traditions

3 Khushboo April 23, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Love the sound of this workout (unsurprisingly)- saved for later this week. Love your treadmill routines :)
Khushboo recently posted..Finding YOUR “Fit”

4 Claire @ Live and Love to Eat April 23, 2012 at 1:55 pm

I love the more frequent workouts – keep them coming! :)
Claire @ Live and Love to Eat recently posted..Makeshift Meals Monday

5 Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life April 23, 2012 at 1:55 pm

We have a gorgeous day outside too with a bright blue sky and lots of sunshine. However it is super windy and cold! Looks can definitely be deceiving! I am ready for some warmth!
Jana @ Newly Wife Healthy Life recently posted..Resting Weekend

6 laura April 23, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Great tip for shredded chicken…….on Sundays, put boneless chicken breasts in slowcooker in 1 can of chicken broth. Low for 6 hours. Shred chicken and enjoy for the week! Can even be frozen in portions for later.

7 Courtney April 23, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Thanks Laura! I seriously need to do that…I actually just bought a big pack of chicken yesterday ;)

8 Allie April 23, 2012 at 2:00 pm

I might have to give that green tea a go. I know how good it is for you but I’m not overly keen on the taste.
Allie recently posted..Star Birthday Cake

9 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance April 23, 2012 at 2:10 pm

It’s still raining here in NH – ugh! Shredded chicken is convenient but I absolutely hate shredding it!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Sweet Potato Burritos with Mexican Brown Rice

10 Courtney April 23, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I hear ya! It is quite the daunting task…

11 Caitlin @ This Bride's Joyride April 23, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I LOVE the new Workouts drop-down! This is super helpful when I’m looking for a specific type of workout, thanks!

12 kyla April 23, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Hi, Courtney! Thanks for the banana choc chip cookie recipe – sounds delish!!!
Are you still on the nutrition plan wrote about a little while back?
Curious as I’m about to start a similiar plan myself, and would love some guidance :)

13 Courtney April 23, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I actually haven’t been following the plan very well over the past month or so, but I’m going to be trying to get back into it. It’s very easy for me to linger off, as I’ve recently done, but once I get started again things should be smooth sailing! Good luck to you on your plan!

14 Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony April 23, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Your salad looks delicious! Dried cranberries (the unsweetened ones without all the added sugar), goat cheese, and pecans are one of my favorite toppings with the grilled chicken. It tastes like Thanksgiving in a bowl!

A tip? I buy a natural rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and use it throughout the week for quick meals…you can shred it on top of salads, throw it in a stir fry, use in quesadillas and so much more! The best part is they are usually no more than 6 or 7 dollars and there is a lot of meat on them! :)

15 Courtney April 23, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Definitely love the idea of the rotisserie chicken – thanks Angela! :)

16 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family April 23, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I need to do more treadmill workouts with walking/running intervals. It makes me sweat so much more than striaight running for some reason.
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..Its All Over Now

17 Erica @ For the Sake of Cake April 23, 2012 at 2:44 pm

I was pleasantly surprised by the weather today too! While it’s not as warm as I’d like, I’ll take a reprieve from the rain!
Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted..A New Combination

18 Lisa April 23, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Love the sunshine, its been so nice over here the past few days it makes me happy! And that salad looks absolutely awesome.
Lisa recently posted..Vlog: How To Make a Protein Muffin

19 Erika@accessoriesbyash April 23, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Thanks for the new workout page! So much easier to find what I’m looking for!
Erika@accessoriesbyash recently posted..Coachella Fashion Trends

20 Mollie April 23, 2012 at 3:59 pm

that salad looks sooo delicious!!!! i always forget how good dried cranberries are on a salad. I totally forgot that I had some in my pantry and used them in unsweetened applesauce and heated it up with some cinnamon yesterday-such a good dessert!

Thanks for the workout page updates!!

21 Carissa April 23, 2012 at 4:48 pm

How cold is it there? It’s 75 here which is like winter!

I have been in a bad “peanut butter for every meal” phase too. I’ve having to think myself out of it, because it so darn yummy!
Carissa recently posted..How to Easily Find Your Daily Calorie Needs

22 Courtney April 23, 2012 at 7:19 pm

It’s been mid-50′s. Brrrrr!!!!

23 Alysia @ Slim Sanity April 23, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I’ve just started adding the treadmill to my workouts again..that looks like one I might be able to handle!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..highs and lows

24 Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife April 23, 2012 at 5:30 pm

I too love having shredded chicken on hand for easy meals! I also cook up a bunch of quinoa and beans as well–soooo easy and delicious :)
Annette@EnjoyYourHealthyLife recently posted..If You Put Your Mind To It

25 Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third April 23, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Whenever I make shredded chicken I always make a ton extra… it’s perfect to add to salads or even just for a quick snack!
Alyssa @ Fit and Fun in Third recently posted..I Need Your Advice!

26 michelle kim April 23, 2012 at 6:09 pm

My initial reaction when I’m hungry is always to reach for whatever has a lot of carbs or involves peanut butter, too. That salad looks really great! Hope you had a wonderful Monday!

27 Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl April 23, 2012 at 6:53 pm

I love that word, “discombobulated”.
I’m thinking maybe some type of thai peanut ‘dressing’ needs to go on that salad to fulfill the “I want to eat PB right off the spoon’ urge. ;)
Salad looks great. Love have chopped veggies and shredded chicken on hand. Then there is no excuse for eating more veggies, less carbs.
Christine @ Oatmeal Bowl recently posted..Simple Sunday

28 Courtney April 23, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Oooo, that sounds yummy! I’ve never tried making anything like that before.

29 Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine April 23, 2012 at 7:33 pm

I love cooking a bunch of chicken early in the week so I can eat leftovers all week. It’s just me – so I try to keep it pretty simple.
Lauren @ Chocolate, Cheese and Wine recently posted..WIAW – Shrimp Lovers Edition

30 Paige @ Running Around Normal April 23, 2012 at 7:55 pm

We had a day like that here today too! Unfortunately, I’ve been stuck inside the majority of the day too much to enjoy, but it was still a nice surprise :)
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Personal Trainer for a Day

31 Lauren April 23, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Glad the rain is staying away from your neck of the woods. We’re getting enough of it here. :)

I love having frozen organic grilled chicken strips on hand for salads. They are pre-cooked and only take 7 minutes in the oven and a perfect to add to my salads.

Hope you enjoyed your Monday girl!
Lauren recently posted..On Living a Positive Life

32 Michelle (Better with Berries) April 23, 2012 at 9:03 pm

That treadmill routine looks great! I love things that mix it up a lot so I’m not at one pace for a long time.
Michelle (Better with Berries) recently posted..No Road Rage for Me