New Treadmill Workout!

by Courtney on May 1, 2012

Hey friends! How’s the day going so far?

I spent a good amount of the morning today working on trying to get some things ready for Friday’s trip. I also ended up getting a package in the mail today filled with some goodies from SOYJOY to bring along with me.

SOYJOY is actually sponsoring my trip to the Blend Retreat, so I’m going to have lots of bars to hand out while I’m there. To anyone going, come find me and I’ll be happy to share the love!

The only thing I’m worried about is how they’re all going to fit. Oyy…

I’m notoriously awful at packing, which has got me totally thrown for a loop for my upcoming trip. The reason being is because I’ve decided that I’m not going to check a bag, which I think is the first time in history this is ever happening. Usually, I have no problem filling up my regular-sized suitcase…

But now I have to try and fit it all into that little purple carry on pictured above (pic from the old kitchen, wow). Ohh, good lord this is gonna be tough…

So if you happen to come across me while I’m at the Blend Retreat and something smells, it’ll probably me because I have no idea how I’m going to pack enough clothes amongst the rest of my crap.

I promise, I’m nice though, so that should make up for any stinky smells, right? Winking smile

*****

New Workout!

In between work this morning, I also managed to get in a pretty awesome treadmill workout. I was flipping through the pages of the latest issue of SHAPE Magazine, and came across a workout that they put together, so I put my own spin on things which ended up looking a little somethin’ like this:

35 minute hiit treadmill intervals

It’s been a while since I’ve done the 40/20 HIIT intervals, so I kept my speeds out of the “insanely fast” zone, but it still ended up being a great run/walk routine and covers just around 3 miles.

Tonight I have my late shift at work, so I’ve got a few things to finish up around here before heading out. Just a heads up – be on the lookout for some and festive dessert recipes later on! Winking smile

1 Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries May 1, 2012 at 1:57 pm

i’m terrible at packing too… i either take way too much or not enough! i’ve learned just to pack more to be safe than sorry. :)
looks like an awesome treadmill workout!! i love intervals on the treadmill. i get bored way too easily not to do intervals!
Ashley @ My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries recently posted..Trainer Tuesday: Tabata Cardio Workout

2 Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 1, 2012 at 1:57 pm

wait a minute, missy. you didn’t warn me about any smells when I agreed to share a bed with you. what gives?
Alyssa @ Life of bLyss recently posted..How I Kicked the Shin Splints

3 Courtney May 1, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Hahaha…yeah, umm, I’ve been meaning to tell you… ;)

4 BakingSuit May 1, 2012 at 1:59 pm

If it’s not too late, ship some of it to the hotel ahead of time to arrive in check with your arrival. FedEx has a two day option.
BakingSuit recently posted..Fresh food delivered and I confess that spinach isn’t so bad.

5 Alyssa @ fit and fun in third May 1, 2012 at 2:00 pm

My packing skills are horrendous… I am scared of being somewhere without enough clothes, or without the clothes I feel like wearing if the desire strikes. Therefore, I overpack like its my job. Have a blast at the retreat!!
Alyssa @ fit and fun in third recently posted..A Saturday Wedding & Foodie Pen Pals

6 Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony May 1, 2012 at 2:43 pm

I ALWAYS over pack, being prepared for whatever weather or “situation,” may come up in terms of fashion.
I never tried SOYJOY. Any flavor suggestions??
Angela @ Health Happiness & Harmony recently posted..A Great Mistake

7 Courtney May 1, 2012 at 3:08 pm

My favorites are banana and pineapple!

8 Michelle@Peachy Palate May 1, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I’m the worlds worst packer…one night trip to the UK last week and I had to literally sit on my handluggage to get it on board! (Ryanair are so strict, one piece, no handbag allowed :() Wish I there to try some soy joy, they always sounds so good, wonder will they ever reach our shores!??! Workout pinned! :)
Michelle@Peachy Palate recently posted..Sweet Sweet Mango

9 Kristen @ notsodomesticated May 1, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Good luck with packing!! I always have to make a list before I even think about putting anything IN the case! ;)
Kristen @ notsodomesticated recently posted..Everything but the race.

10 Alysha @Shesontherun May 1, 2012 at 3:02 pm

I love soyjoy bars. I always keep some type of granola bars in my bag when I’m traveling.
Alysha @Shesontherun recently posted..Double Date Night

11 erica May 1, 2012 at 3:07 pm

i’m terrible at packing too! my suitcase is always a big heaping mess! but i recently discovered eagle creek pack-it cubes (there are other brands too) and i am IN LOVE with them! they keep everything super compact and organized. i asked the husband if he wanted some too and he said no (he thought they were pointless) but during our trip he saw how orderly my bag stayed and he told me when he got home that he should’ve gotten some too :)
erica recently posted..{the honeymoon}: ROMA pt.2

12 Lindsay @ Fuel My Family May 1, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I used to think I had to run fast the entire time to get a great workout but now I am in love with treadmill interval workouts. They somehow make me sweat so much more and I love that!
And I love packing, I’m weird. its the organization, list crossing off, ocd in me!
Lindsay @ Fuel My Family recently posted..Dark Chocolate Brownies

13 Caroline @ After Dinner Dance May 1, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I’m jealous – it looks like it’s going to be a great conference! At least it’s not winter – then you’d REALLY have trouble packing in a carryon for Colorado!
Caroline @ After Dinner Dance recently posted..Easy Chicken Piccata

14 Alysia @ Slim Sanity May 1, 2012 at 3:34 pm

packing is one of my worst nightmares.

on the other hand, I’m always looking for treadmill workouts, they go by so fast when you are constantly changing speed and incline. love it!
Alysia @ Slim Sanity recently posted..booty busters

15 Paige @ Running Around Normal May 1, 2012 at 4:09 pm

So exciting! Man, I wish I were going – I even ended up having that weekend free! But we’re going to CO later this month. You are all going to have so much fun!!

As for packing, I’m not bad at that…it’s the unpacking I suck at :-P
Paige @ Running Around Normal recently posted..Healthy Living Survey

16 Justine@LifeWithCheeseburgers May 1, 2012 at 5:40 pm

I’m trying to avoid thinking about packing right now…my hubby and I are getting ready to go to Europe for almost a month so I’ll need to plan for that! We’re just going to pack for a few days at a time though, and do laundry every few days. Otherwise we’ll be carrying everything on our backs since we’re planning on backpacking across several countries…
Justine@LifeWithCheeseburgers recently posted..Healthy Master Granola Recipe

17 Renee May 1, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Yummm those Soy Joy’s look so good right now! I’m also a horrible packer. Traveling is hard I have no idea how backpackers do it!
Renee recently posted..Thirty-One Purses and Bags Giveaway!

18 Jacqui Provost May 1, 2012 at 6:44 pm

I am so excited to try this treadmill workout! I love (well, kind of) running hills on a treadmill because it helps to break up the monotony of running long distance on a treadmill. Thanks for sharing!
Jacqui Provost recently posted..Healthy Baking Gone Bad

19 krystal@coffeecardiogoddess May 1, 2012 at 7:18 pm

I have never tried a soy joy bar. Which flavor do you recommend?
krystal@coffeecardiogoddess recently posted..Workouts and Weightgain

20 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 1, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Hahah! I’m going to try and not pack a bag as well….we’ll see how that turns out. I just have to leave room for some soy joy bars to come BACK with me. ;)
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..lost.