Cheesy Crab & Shrimp Shells

by Courtney on June 20, 2012

Good news, my friends.

I get to share the recipe with you sooner than later! Winking smile

I will warn you that this recipe definitely makes a TON of pasta, so be prepared to either a) be hungry, b) have dinner guests, c) eat it for days, or d) try freezing some.

I’m pretty sure I’ll be doing all of the above.

Cheesy Crab & Shrimp Shells

• 2 wedges The Laughing Cow light cream cheese spread
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
  • 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen peas and carrots, cooked according to package
  • 8 ounces cooked salad shrimp
  • 8 ounces chopped crab meat

Directions:

1. Cook the Hodgson Mill whole wheat medium shells according to directions on package. Drain and place back in their pot.

2. While the pasta cooks, whisk together milk, chicken broth, and cornstarch and a small bowl and set aside.

3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and celery and continue to cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add peas and carrots and cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Stir in the milk mixture until blended and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.

4. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheeses and Old Bay seasoning. Add shrimp and crab meat and stir to heat through, about 2-3 minutes. Add cooked shells and toss until coated.

5. Serve immediately or allow to chill and serve as a cool pasta dish. Enjoy!

*The last I checked, my recipe still wasn’t up on the Hodgson Mill pinterest board, but as soon as it is, I’d LOVE to have your votes! Smile

1 Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog June 20, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Holy cow that looks delicious and easy!! Definitely trying this this week!! Glad you can share.
Jaren@Kiwi Fit Blog recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday #7

2 Taylor @ A Taste of Taylor June 20, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I KNEW IT WAS CRAB! Ah, Courtney… I think this little Baltimore girl just died and went to Maryland’s version of heaven full of crabs :) I will be making this dish A.S.A.P!
Taylor @ A Taste of Taylor recently posted..Hump Day Healthy Thoughts: Beach Edition!

3 Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles June 20, 2012 at 7:45 pm

A recipe that makes a lot- WINNER! That means leftovers and less cooking for a meal or two, those kind are my favorites! :)
I’m a huge fan of crab and shrimp so this must be made soon!
Julie H. of Spinach and Sprinkles recently posted..Wrapping my head around weight gain

4 Sara @ The Foodie Diaries June 20, 2012 at 7:47 pm

I just ate dinner and I’m tempted to whip together everything to make this for lunch tomorrow! If it wasn’t so dang hot in my apartment I would do it in a second :) Yay thanks for sharing!!
Sara @ The Foodie Diaries recently posted..A Day In The Life Of..

5 michelle kim June 20, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Yum! Looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe :)
michelle kim recently posted..Soreness and Randomness

6 Lauren June 20, 2012 at 10:12 pm

WOW!!! That looks so yummy!!! And the fact that it takes only 20 minutes to make! This is definately a meal I’m going to have to make. Thanks for the recipe! You’ve got my vote! :)

7 Alysha @ Shesontherun June 20, 2012 at 10:33 pm

This looks delish. I have so many cookbooks that I’ll look for recipes randomly. A pasta casserole with pepperoni was calling my name (yours looks a tad healthier though :)
Alysha @ Shesontherun recently posted..Wisconsin Cheese Tour Part 3: Uplands Cheese

8 Ashleen Moreen June 20, 2012 at 11:38 pm

That looks very delicious. I will probably try this at home and good thing that it is cook within 20 minutes and ready to eat. Thanks for the recipe.
Ashleen Moreen recently posted..View timber bifold doors brisbane web-site

9 Miranda @ Biting Life June 21, 2012 at 12:22 am

Oh my gosh… My boyfriend LOVES crab and mac ‘n’ cheese. They’re like his two favorite foods. Can’t wait to make this for him – he’s gonna flip out!!

10 Khushboo Thadani June 21, 2012 at 12:45 am

This looks great! Do you have any truffle oil on hand? I bet a drizzle at the end would take the dish even one more up a notch!
Khushboo Thadani recently posted..Gym bag swag

11 Courtney June 21, 2012 at 6:55 am

Mannnn, I don’t! Everyone always raves about it…I feel like I oughta get some!

12 Harold K.Russell June 21, 2012 at 6:19 am

Fantastic food… I will try to make that one. Thanks for sharing with us.

13 Miz June 21, 2012 at 6:23 am

oooh make the shells GF and I AM IN!!
Miz recently posted..We’re doing shots!

14 Kaitlyn @ Chocolate Running Shoes June 21, 2012 at 6:37 am

That looks sooooo good!
Kaitlyn @ Chocolate Running Shoes recently posted..1200 yard Pyramid Workout {Swimming}

15 Hope @ With A Side Of Hope June 21, 2012 at 8:14 am

That pasta dish looks great! I love that it has shrimp and crab in it. Two of my faves! Must try this! :)
Hope @ With A Side Of Hope recently posted..Wedding Talk Wednesday: Getting Ready Music!…

16 Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson June 21, 2012 at 10:02 am

YAY!!!!! I didn’t realize there was shrimp in it yesterday. I could see the crab meat. This makes this even better. My husband and son LOVE shrimp!. This will be going on July menu for sure! I can’t wait to make it!
Sabrina @Work It Ms Jackson recently posted..Perfect Way To End A Monday Night

17 Kim @ Living, Laughing & Losing June 21, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Looks delicious! I’ll definitely be making this soon.

18 Whitney @ Whit Likes Fit June 21, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Just pinned this to my recipe board. Looks delish!
Whitney @ Whit Likes Fit recently posted..Morning cardio and gym bag fails

19 Susannah @ The Funky Monkey June 22, 2012 at 9:46 pm

I just made this tonight, and it was delish! My family of four will definitely be having this again for lunch or dinner tomorrow! Love that it makes a lot, and it was so easy!

20 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 24, 2012 at 8:48 pm

hi court, where did you find the old bay seasoning? is it at your regular grocery store?
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..My Fitness Bucket List

21 Courtney June 24, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Yup! :)

22 Kara August 9, 2012 at 8:27 pm

hey I was just wondering what exactly salad shrimp is.. how big is it/where do you find it? thanks!

ps this dish looks incredible.. can’t wait to make it!

23 Courtney August 10, 2012 at 10:24 am

Salad shrimp is very tiny! I found a package of it in the frozen seafood section of my grocery store (I believe the package was exactly 8oz. too). If you can’t find salad shrimp, then I’d say to just try and find the smallest shrimp that you can. :)

24 Kara August 10, 2012 at 10:41 am