WIAW: Or What I Wish I Ate

Okay, I seriously almost forgot just how awesome morning workouts are. I am feeling so, so good this morning!

For the past few weekends, I start to get in a real groove with the workouts but then come the work week, it’s out the window. I decided last night to make a solid attempt to commit to just 2-3 morning workouts per week and I kicked it off this morning with a little cardio kickboxing. Aww-sum. Not so awesome is the whole continuing-to-sweat thing even after you shower. Gross.

So we’ll see whether or not I can really stick to it, but I’m feeling positive. Then again, maybe that’s still the endorphins talkin’.

Mooooooving on…

It’s another WIAW, featuring most of Tuesday’s eats. I say most because I didn’t capture pics of everything BUT, I did feel like switching it up a bit for fun today. So since none of my meals were really all that mind-blowing yesterday, I decided to sub in what I really wish I had eaten instead. And now I’m craving all. the. things.

Breakfast

A Greek yogurt with Kashi Go Lean Crunch + a banana + iced coffee.

The coffee was actually my first attempt at the Starbucks VIA iced coffee – it was okay, didn’t love it.

IMG_6588IMG_6589

But I really wish I had this breakfast from Sarah’s bachelorette party a few years ago.

One of the best breakfasts I’ve ever eaten. No kidding.

Mid-Morning Snack

I wound up eating a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter out of my stashed jar at work. Nothing exciting, but it did the trick and held me over ‘til lunch.

Lunch

A nice, fresh salad enjoyed al fresco.

It had all the usuals – veggies, avocado, grilled chicken, honey balsamic dressing. And, actually, I don’t think I’d even trade this in for another meal so that’s sayin’ something.

A little while later once I got back to my desk, I ate one my leftover Texas Roadhouse rolls with all sorts of their incredible honey cinnamon butter. Or whatever the heck it is.

All I DO know is that when I searched for copycat recipes, apparently they put confectioner’s sugar in that stuff. No wonder I’m addicted to it.

Afternoon Snack

I actually wasn’t totally hungry for an afternoon snack but I was still in the mood for some chocolate, so I snagged a bag of Skinny Cow dark chocolate dreamy clusters.

Those things are. so. good.

Dinner

I did a really lame job planning dinners this week, so it’ll be interesting to see what we come up with. Last night, I had some leftover Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup and veggies from Monday and called it a meal.

But I really wish I had this amazing crab dip from Tautog’s in Virginia Beach. God, that place was good.

Followed up with this dinner from Creo’.

Now THAT would have really hit the spot.

After Dinner Snack

I was still hungry a couple of hours later so I made myself a bowl of cereal (Kashi Island Vanilla) with almond milk.

But if we’re being real, I really wish I had something big and chocolaty like this incredible dessert.

That thing was seriously unreal. I need to go back for that, like, yesterday. Winking smile

So if you had to choose, what do you wish you could eat today??

Comments

I wasn’t impressed with VIA either, but they work in a pinch. If I could eat anything all day I would just wish for a genie to make my food wishes come true. That way, when I got hungry I could just ask for it and it would appear. No planning, prepping, debating.
    Brynn recently posted..WIAW: Eating Intuitively

I can totally relate to wishing you had something other than what you did – if I had my choice, I would have waffles (with a multitude of toppings) for breakfast; rice and beans with fresh guacamole, homemade salsa, and blue corn tortilla chips for lunch; and baked sweet potato fries with almond butter, cinnamon, and cottage cheese for dinner. every. single. day.
    Thankfully, my mom cooks for me so I don’t weight 400 pounds in the future. xD
    Janessa recently posted..10 Day You Challenge ~ Day 3

I wish I could eat some Fro-yo! I live in England and they really haven’t caught on to the Fro-yo thing yet, unless I go to London. So, I really wish I was at my dads in Chicago with a big serving of Fro-yo with loads of cookie dough! That breakfast looks delicious!

In my dream world, I’d have a delicious omelet or eggs benedict for breakfast, a big salad filled with candied nuts, cheese & berries for lunch followed by a cupcake with lots buttercream frosting, then maybe a pina colada or some sort of fun drink midday, and then a huge plate of seafood for dinner including lobster, shrimp, scallops, you name it. And then dessert would be something chocolate – probably a chocolate lava cake or something along those lines. ;) OK, now I’m drooling!
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Summer is My Favorite Season to Eat

What a cool idea! If we’re wishing for stuff, I could def. go for a nice big plate of Cheesecake Factory’s herb-crusted salmon over a simple greens/tomato salad with balsamic vinaigrette for lunch, instead of the cranberry walnut salad that I packed. Of course their red velvet cheesecake would be great for dessert Any Time of the day, also. Lol.

6. Katie A. says

Sorry if this question is TMI but…for morning workouts, do you have to pump beforehand? Or as time goes on, does that “situation” get better (haha)? I have a 4-month-old and am trying to figure out how to squeeze in an AM exercise session, but I would definitely have to pump first which is annoying!

• Courtney says

Haha, no worries! At 4 months, I most definitely would have had to pump too. I’m okay now, as things aren’t quite as, umm, “full” in the mornings. ;) But yeah, that’s part of the reason I wasn’t bothering before because it wasn’t worth it to me to have to pump beforehand!

That dessert! I wish I could eat that!

If I could eat anything today, it would dosas (Indian pancakes filled with a spicy potato mixtures and served with a coconut sauce and lentils). Yeah…def. craving that! Haha.

Daaaang, I wish I had that stuff too! I could have really gone for a big grilled cheese for lunch.

How are those morning workouts going for you? I’d love to get back to an early workout, but I can never tell how long E is going to sleep. (Plus, right now he gets up pretty early, ughhhh)
    Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted..He Must Be Teething…

9. Jen O. says

Oh man! I am also addicted to that cinnamon butter. I could totally eat it with a spoon….which is disgusting….and amazing all the same. LOL I wish I was eating fries at Margaritaville in Myrtle Beach, SC. 33 days and I will be…haha.

Trackbacks