WIAW: Or What I Wish I Ate

by Courtney on May 28, 2014

Okay, I seriously almost forgot just how awesome morning workouts are. I am feeling so, so good this morning!

For the past few weekends, I start to get in a real groove with the workouts but then come the work week, it’s out the window. I decided last night to make a solid attempt to commit to just 2-3 morning workouts per week and I kicked it off this morning with a little cardio kickboxing. Aww-sum. Not so awesome is the whole continuing-to-sweat thing even after you shower. Gross.

So we’ll see whether or not I can really stick to it, but I’m feeling positive. Then again, maybe that’s still the endorphins talkin’.

Mooooooving on…

It’s another WIAW, featuring most of Tuesday’s eats. I say most because I didn’t capture pics of everything BUT, I did feel like switching it up a bit for fun today. So since none of my meals were really all that mind-blowing yesterday, I decided to sub in what I really wish I had eaten instead. And now I’m craving all. the. things.

Breakfast

A Greek yogurt with Kashi Go Lean Crunch + a banana + iced coffee.

The coffee was actually my first attempt at the Starbucks VIA iced coffee – it was okay, didn’t love it.

IMG_6588IMG_6589

But I really wish I had this breakfast from Sarah’s bachelorette party a few years ago.

One of the best breakfasts I’ve ever eaten. No kidding.

Mid-Morning Snack

I wound up eating a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter out of my stashed jar at work. Nothing exciting, but it did the trick and held me over ‘til lunch.

Lunch

A nice, fresh salad enjoyed al fresco.

It had all the usuals – veggies, avocado, grilled chicken, honey balsamic dressing. And, actually, I don’t think I’d even trade this in for another meal so that’s sayin’ something.

A little while later once I got back to my desk, I ate one my leftover Texas Roadhouse rolls with all sorts of their incredible honey cinnamon butter. Or whatever the heck it is.

All I DO know is that when I searched for copycat recipes, apparently they put confectioner’s sugar in that stuff. No wonder I’m addicted to it.

Afternoon Snack

I actually wasn’t totally hungry for an afternoon snack but I was still in the mood for some chocolate, so I snagged a bag of Skinny Cow dark chocolate dreamy clusters.

Those things are. so. good.

Dinner

I did a really lame job planning dinners this week, so it’ll be interesting to see what we come up with. Last night, I had some leftover Crockpot Stuffed Pepper Soup and veggies from Monday and called it a meal.

But I really wish I had this amazing crab dip from Tautog’s in Virginia Beach. God, that place was good.

Followed up with this dinner from Creo’.

Now THAT would have really hit the spot.

After Dinner Snack

I was still hungry a couple of hours later so I made myself a bowl of cereal (Kashi Island Vanilla) with almond milk.

But if we’re being real, I really wish I had something big and chocolaty like this incredible dessert.

That thing was seriously unreal. I need to go back for that, like, yesterday. Winking smile

So if you had to choose, what do you wish you could eat today??

1 Lauren May 28, 2014 at 7:21 am

I wish I had that breakfast too! YUM!

2 Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves May 28, 2014 at 7:42 am

Mmm French toast rocks, and that one there looks incredible. I’m kinda in the mood for tacos today…I might be able to make that happen, but it won’t be the fancy kind with freshly cooked meat, two different kinds of sauces, three different kinds of slaw. Leftovers for the win. ;)
Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted..WIAW: Fine, I Love Almond Butter

3 Brynn May 28, 2014 at 7:44 am

I wasn’t impressed with VIA either, but they work in a pinch. If I could eat anything all day I would just wish for a genie to make my food wishes come true. That way, when I got hungry I could just ask for it and it would appear. No planning, prepping, debating.
Brynn recently posted..WIAW: Eating Intuitively

4 Stacie @ SimplySouthernStacie May 28, 2014 at 7:45 am

Haha! I love how you posted what you would have loved to eat instead. I think we all have those days! If I had it my way, I would eat pizza all the time : )

5 Janessa May 28, 2014 at 8:01 am

I can totally relate to wishing you had something other than what you did – if I had my choice, I would have waffles (with a multitude of toppings) for breakfast; rice and beans with fresh guacamole, homemade salsa, and blue corn tortilla chips for lunch; and baked sweet potato fries with almond butter, cinnamon, and cottage cheese for dinner. every. single. day.
Thankfully, my mom cooks for me so I don’t weight 400 pounds in the future. xD
Janessa recently posted..10 Day You Challenge ~ Day 3

6 Tara Deal Rochford May 28, 2014 at 8:09 am

All of your wishful meals look SOOO GOOD :)
Tara Deal Rochford recently posted..Do What Comes Naturally

7 Linz @ Itz Linz May 28, 2014 at 8:25 am

ice cream. ll day every day. that cereal looks like frosted shredded wheats though since itz kashi i’m sure itz healthier – must find!
Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted..good eats

8 Beks May 28, 2014 at 8:26 am

I’ve been craving soft serve ice cream like no one’s business. I think it’s because it’s summer (After Memorial Day is officially summer to me). Might have to swing through Bucky’s Gas Station on my way home. $.75 twist cones!
Beks recently posted..LiveFit Trainer Recap Week 2 and Memorial Day Weekend

9 Kim @FITsique May 28, 2014 at 8:28 am

I could go for that breakfast AND that dessert as well! I had a waffle and omelet this morning before my workout. I have yet to decide what I want to eat for the rest of the day though!
Kim @FITsique recently posted..Running Sucks (If You Want To Lose Weight)

10 Chrissy @ Pink Polish and Running Shoes May 28, 2014 at 8:47 am

I’d eat pizza. I’m not sure what kind, but I’m seriously craving a pizza right now lol.

11 Britt@MyOwnBalance May 28, 2014 at 8:57 am

I love your twist on WIAW with the What I Wish I Ate! I feel like I am always wishing I had something else to eat!
Britt@MyOwnBalance recently posted..Recipes from My Garden

12 Jasmine May 28, 2014 at 9:29 am

I wish I could eat some Fro-yo! I live in England and they really haven’t caught on to the Fro-yo thing yet, unless I go to London. So, I really wish I was at my dads in Chicago with a big serving of Fro-yo with loads of cookie dough! That breakfast looks delicious!

13 Shel@PeachyPalate May 28, 2014 at 9:42 am

I’d have my fish cakes I made earlier in the week again with poached eggs on top…wish I had some left! Super easy you should try em – http://peachypalate.com/2014/05/26/salmon-cod-no-filler-fish-cakes/

14 Sarah @ Sweet Miles May 28, 2014 at 9:58 am

Oh girl, I would LOVE a huge dish of macaroni and cheese casserole. But, I don’t have much time to run this week so I KNOW I don’t need all that pasta sitting in my tummy!
Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted..Memorial Day Weekend: Wedding Season

15 Hilary May 28, 2014 at 10:04 am

I wish I was having the cheesecake factory chicken nachos for lunch! Those things are amazing if only they didn’t give me a stomachache :(
Hilary recently posted..Memorial Day Recap

16 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries May 28, 2014 at 10:14 am

In my dream world, I’d have a delicious omelet or eggs benedict for breakfast, a big salad filled with candied nuts, cheese & berries for lunch followed by a cupcake with lots buttercream frosting, then maybe a pina colada or some sort of fun drink midday, and then a huge plate of seafood for dinner including lobster, shrimp, scallops, you name it. And then dessert would be something chocolate – probably a chocolate lava cake or something along those lines. ;) OK, now I’m drooling!
Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted..Summer is My Favorite Season to Eat

17 Becky@TheSavedRunner May 28, 2014 at 10:15 am

Morning workouts are the best!!

18 Koryn @ High Heels & Healthy Alternatives May 28, 2014 at 10:15 am

What a cool idea! If we’re wishing for stuff, I could def. go for a nice big plate of Cheesecake Factory’s herb-crusted salmon over a simple greens/tomato salad with balsamic vinaigrette for lunch, instead of the cranberry walnut salad that I packed. Of course their red velvet cheesecake would be great for dessert Any Time of the day, also. Lol.

19 Katie A. May 28, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Sorry if this question is TMI but…for morning workouts, do you have to pump beforehand? Or as time goes on, does that “situation” get better (haha)? I have a 4-month-old and am trying to figure out how to squeeze in an AM exercise session, but I would definitely have to pump first which is annoying!

20 Courtney May 28, 2014 at 12:40 pm

Haha, no worries! At 4 months, I most definitely would have had to pump too. I’m okay now, as things aren’t quite as, umm, “full” in the mornings. ;) But yeah, that’s part of the reason I wasn’t bothering before because it wasn’t worth it to me to have to pump beforehand!

21 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles May 28, 2014 at 1:19 pm

I’d be wishing for that breakfast too! That looks awesome. Yesterday I made pizza bagels for dinner…while I love pizza bagels, some regular takeout pizza probably would have been better ;-)
Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted..WIAW: Warm Weather Eats.

22 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 28, 2014 at 1:54 pm

I swear I constantly crave cereal. I can’t even look at that photo without wanting to immediately go out and by myself a box. Problem is, when I DO buy it, I MUST eat it all for every meal & snack until it’s gone…clearly not a good thing. lol!
Katie @ Talk Less, Say More recently posted..Boston Run To Remember ½ Marathon Recap

23 Polly @ Tasty Food Project May 28, 2014 at 2:09 pm

That crab dip looks heavenly!! That is making me crave for something with seafood, like clam chowder!
Polly @ Tasty Food Project recently posted..Almond Butter Banana Cookies + Mt. Rainier Recap

24 Erin @ Snapbacks and Racing Flats May 28, 2014 at 2:11 pm

I’m currently roasting up some veggies (which are DELISH), but, if I’m being real… In an ideal world where nutrition didn’t matter, I would probably be eating frozen yogurt for lunch. And breakfast. And dinner. Whoops.

25 Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine May 28, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Working out in the morning is great! It always leaves me so energized and it makes the day seem so much longer! (In a good way!)

26 Nancy May 28, 2014 at 2:51 pm

I did my first WIAW this morning!! I wish I had more chocolate incorporated into my WIAW today (er, yesterday’s meals).
Nancy recently posted..What I Ate Wednesday: First Edition!

27 Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit May 28, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Skinny Cow treats are soooo dangerous, so I won’t even buy them. I wish I could eat fresh seafood at a restaurant on the ocean! Only 11 more days and I will be. :)
Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit recently posted..Summer Fun Bucket List

28 Parita @ myinnershakti May 28, 2014 at 4:51 pm

That dessert! I wish I could eat that!

If I could eat anything today, it would dosas (Indian pancakes filled with a spicy potato mixtures and served with a coconut sauce and lentils). Yeah…def. craving that! Haha.

29 Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers May 28, 2014 at 8:21 pm

Daaaang, I wish I had that stuff too! I could have really gone for a big grilled cheese for lunch.

How are those morning workouts going for you? I’d love to get back to an early workout, but I can never tell how long E is going to sleep. (Plus, right now he gets up pretty early, ughhhh)
Tiff @ Love Sweat & Beers recently posted..He Must Be Teething…

30 Jen O. May 28, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Oh man! I am also addicted to that cinnamon butter. I could totally eat it with a spoon….which is disgusting….and amazing all the same. LOL I wish I was eating fries at Margaritaville in Myrtle Beach, SC. 33 days and I will be…haha.

31 Heather @ PrettyHealthyMostoftheTime May 28, 2014 at 10:29 pm

I could seriously eat my own body weight in those Texas Roadhouse rolls! (Or even just the butter)

I would love a giant plate of cheese fries right now!
Heather @ PrettyHealthyMostoftheTime recently posted..WIAW #9 Give Me All the Chocolate!

32 jenn@Mark My Miles! May 29, 2014 at 9:37 am

Pizza…so we ordered it.
jenn@Mark My Miles! recently posted..Thank you for the brave!

33 Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment May 29, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Cute twist on the WIAW posts! I am craving some frozen yogurt right about now.

34 Presley @ Run Pretty May 29, 2014 at 5:08 pm

You just asked literally the one question I can never answer. So indecisive over food. It’s bad.
Presley @ Run Pretty recently posted..Facing A Fitness Fear: SUP + #PropelFit

35 Kristi May 29, 2014 at 6:40 pm

I would like some dessert :) Brownies maybe?
Kristi recently posted..A Stranger’s Simple Gesture

36 ellie @ fit for the soul May 29, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Ohhh that breakfast is crazy! Is that icing? And you’re definitely eating well, keeping it real and healthy all at the same time. :D
ellie @ fit for the soul recently posted..Snippets