1. Thanks so much to those of you who are sticking with me right now during what I’m calling a bit of a”dry spell” when it comes to the blog. We’ve been busy, and I’ve been dealing with some major writer’s block, so that’s just how things are rollin’ right now!
2. Jay and I finally upgraded our phones earlier this week and I am now the proud owner of the iPhone 7 Plus. I really like it so far and am trying to get used to the larger size.
But I am totally loving the new portrait mode <3 <3
3. If you follow my Instagram stories then you already know this, but I ended up grabbing this huge salad from Walmart for lunch yesterday and I was super impressed by the fact that it was only $3.98 and quite large!
They had at least five or six different varieties, too, so I’ll definitely be keeping those in mind for the days that I don’t give myself enough time to make my own lunch.
4. I’ve been having fun switching up workouts a bit lately! I got into such a routine of doing some of the same workout videos (check out this post for 5 of my favorites and this post for some other favorites that are also pregnancy-friendly!!) that they started getting a bit stale for me. So I’ve started adding in some more HIIT workouts and a little more barre, as well as some more heavier lifting…and I am definitely feelin’ the burn! Here are a few of ’em:
- 10 Minute Full Body HIIT Workout
- 20 Minute Bikini HIIT Workout
- 40 Minute Metabolic Conditioning Workout
- 20 Minute Tank Top Arms
- 24 Minute Lower Body Barre Workout
What workouts are you guys diggin’ lately? I still TOTALLY want to try an Orangetheory Fitness class, but there aren’t any that are all that close to me. Maybe one of these days!
5. You guys, I honestly cannot tell you how much I am completely and utterly OBSESSED with the wipe clean books from Usborne. And I swear, I am not just saying this because I sell them.
Lucas loves these books, and I am SO impressed with the skills that he has learned from them. He writes the names of everyone in our family, he can write most of his numbers, he’s starting to learn some simple math, and he can identify a number of words, too.
I’m not saying this to brag on my kid at all (although, I’m not ashamed to admit I’m super proud of him!) but for a little guy who is ON. THE. GO. from sun up til sun down, this is one of the few things that will actually keep his attention (and keep him still) for a decent chunk of time.
Here are some of our favorites (FYI, all are links to my direct shop!):
- Big Wipe Clean Activity Book
- Wipe-Clean First Numbers
- Wipe-Clean Capital Letters
- Wipe-Clean Alphabet
- Wipe-Clean First Math
Of course, you can always host a party with me and get some FOR FREE! Shoot me an email if you’re interested!
6. I got to enjoy a fun dinner out last night with a couple of the neighborhood girlfriends. I love these girls!
We hit up Brown’s (one of my favorites) so I totally had to get a Cherry Raspberry beer and I also tried a sample of their raspberry sour beer (also good!). For dinner, I went with a turkey Reuben, which was actually just so-so.
But the company made up for it : )
7. A night out for mom also = quality time for the boys.
They’re just the best <3
8. I’ve had Alex’s 10 month post half-written for about a week now. Hopefully I’ll have some time this weekend to finish that up and post it next week (only about 2 weeks late…whooops!).
9. This weekend we have Alex’s baptism and we’re hopefully going to finalize the plans for our back deck, too. I cannot WAIT to have that finished up this spring!!
I hope you guys have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend ahead, whatever you may be doing <3