Well, I don’t really have all that much exciting to talk about on the dinner front tonight. Just some leftover soup from last night and a piece of toast that really didn’t seem worth enough of me grabbing the camera. Sorry, guys and gals. But I think we all know what that looks like.
No worries though, because even though dinner wasn’t exciting, that doesn’t mean I didn’t have some other excitement in my evening. For example, check this out…
If you head on over to the Fitness Magazine site, you’ll see that my Pumpkin Oats were featured! Pretty cool, right? That was definitely my fun excitement for the night.
The not-so-fun excitement came in the form of a text message from my hubby on my way home from work, prompting an immediate freak out reaction from me…
THANKFULLY, it turned out to be a false alarm and the intense gas odor that we smelled coming from our garage was not coming from the house. Thank god, because the last thing I wanted to have happen tonight was have my house explode. Yikes.
So last but not least, there’s one more exciting part of the evening. I finally took the time to review my 2011 goals!
Reviewing My 2011 Goals
Exactly one year ago today, oddly enough, I decided to put together some goals for myself in 2011. What can I say…I like to hold off a bit and wait until most others are done talking about it.
I finally took a peek at those goals today and figured I’d do a little check-in to see just how well I did. Let’s take a look, shall we?
- Run my first 10K – DONE! On April 30th, I ran the 10K Spring Run Off in just a little over one hour. Considering this was the first time I had ever attempted to run that many miles at the same time, let alone outside, I was thrilled.
- Run the Boilermaker – Ahhh, not exactly. This was a tough decision to make, since I would have had to cut my vacation short in order to run (okay, who am I kidding, the vacation was more important). I was, however, able to defer my entry to 2012, so who knows…maybe I’ll give it a go this year?
- Commit to Yoga – I’d give myself about a 50% on this one. I was doing pretty good at incorporating it at least once a week, but as the year progressed, I sort of let it fall to the wayside. I’m hoping to pick it back up again soon.
- Improve my time management skills – Ughh. Let’s not talk about this one.
- Get our finances organized – Slowly but surely, we’re getting there. We had a lot of changes in 2011, so it was tough to get ourselves on a schedule. I’m feeling much more confident about 2012 though!
- Be more spontaneous – Hmmm, I’d say this one was a so-so. Jay and I did have some fun, spontaneous events with friends and family, but I still think we could do better!
- Read more books – Yes! I finished the Emily Giffin series of books, includingBaby Proof, Love the One You’re With, and Heart of the Matter. I really hope she comes out with another one…I love her books!
- Visit 2 new states – Try FOUR new states…HOLLA! Massachusetts, North Carolina, Virginia, and New Jersey.
- Continue to keep you all coming back…and keep spreading the word! – This was, by far, my most successful goal. My little ‘ol blog grew a tremendous 253% in 2011, thanks to all of YOU! I can’t thank you all enough for continuing to come back and for showing your overwhelming support. I’ve put my heart and soul into STSL this past year, and it’s such a wonderful feeling to keep seeing all of you hanging around. You.guys.are.awesome.
- Invest in a DSLR camera – Yes!! Thank you, Santa! I have been having a BLAST with my new Rebel T3 and seriously can’t wait to continue to learn more about it.
Well, there you have it, folks. Not too shabby, but there’s definitely still room for improvement. That being said, I’ve decided to take a little more time before I decide what (if any) my goals will be for 2012. I think I’m gonna have to wait until I get my goal-setting mojo; too much to think about.