Disclosure: I am a member of the Sears Blogger Squad and was compensated for this post. All opinions, as always, are my own. Thank you for your continued support of STSL! <3
I don’t know if it’s just me or not, but I swear, the back to school shopping seems to be starting earlier and earlier every year. I mean, I’m not crazy, right? Doesn’t it seem like all shopping events in general (i.e., Christmas, etc.) seem to be starting sooner?
Then again, aren’t some of the kiddos heading back in just a few short weeks? I remember the first time (many years ago, of course) I found out that some schools go back in August. At first I was like, “whaaat!? They get a super short summer!” but then not everyone has the same schedule as us here in upstate NY. DUH.
I can still remember back to school shopping from when I was younger just like it was yesterday, and every year it was the same. Towards the mid-end of August, my grandma would go with me, my brother, and my mom, and she would be sweet enough to buy us some brand new outfits for the coming school year. We’d hit up the mall, make a day of it, and my brother and I would each whine and complain about when we had to shop in the others’ department. 😉
Within the same week or so, my 2 Nana’s would take me and my brother out shopping for all of our new school supplies. I’d get stocked up on my composition books, Lisa Frank folders and pens, mini sticky notes to “pass notes” in class, and all the other “stuff” you need to start a school year. Of course, because we were with 2 Nana’s, we always got more than what we really needed.
Yes, we were spoiled. And my parents totally made out in the back to school process, for sure.
But enough about me heading down memory lane, because I’ve got some great deals to share with you guys today, courtesy of Sears. As part of my partnership with them and being a member of their Blogger Squad, I get the opportunity to not only let you in on some great deals they’re having, but also give you the chance to enter a nice little giveaway. Stick with me, we’ll get there in a minute!
Although my little Lucas technically isn’t in to the “back to school” shopping stage just yet, I have no doubt that back to school shopping can be stressful as a parent. But whether you’re shopping online or driving from store to store, Sears wants to help take the stress off with their integrated retail services like Free Store Pick-up, Reserve It, and In-Vehicle Pick-Up. Plus, they’ve got tons of school apparel, shoes and more for great prices…check it out at Sears.com/backtoschool.
I recently gave both of those services another try, and was extremely pleased with both. I’ve said this once and I’ll say it again…I have been hugely impressed with Sears as I’ve continued to work with them this past year. They are really knocking it out of the park!
The first service was Reserve It. I had been looking at some shoes online and found two that really caught my eye, so I decided to utilize the service (since I usually prefer to try shoes on first, if I can!) and reserved this pair of gladiators and this pair of wedge sandals.
The process was super easy and took probably less than two minutes to complete. Just choose your size/color…
Choose your store for pick up…
And make the reservation under your name. That’s it!
When I arrived to the store, I quickly found the Reserve It kiosk in the women’s department, just as my text message reminder told me.
Hey look at that…hello, shoes!
I gave both of them a try and didn’t wind up loving the gladiators, but I did like the wedges so I grabbed those. Cute, right?
The other service I used with the In-Vehicle Pick-Up, to grab a few things for Lucas to head back to…daycare.
I’ve used this service probably half of a dozen times now, and every single time, they have delivered in the guaranteed 5 minutes or less.
In and out in less than five minutes, without ever having to leave the car. I’m totally ok with that.
So I’m sure many of you out there are going to be getting your back to school shopping on (whether it’s for your kids or yourself!), so definitely be sure to give Sears a look this season. Just a few of their unique styles and brands…
- Bongo offers cutting-edge trends in apparel, accessories and footwear. Whether you’re hitting the halls or a party, celebrate your individuality by mixing the styles in your own way.
- Canyon River Blues is a denim-based collection for girls and boys with relaxed sensibilities. It includes great basics that every girl and boy should have in their closet. Influenced by Americana and bohemia, the brand offers trend-right wovens, innovative knits and graphic tees, all at a great value and price. Mix and match to create a wardrobe of signature looks.
- CRB Girl is made up of twirly skirts, electric colors and embellished denim that have a whimsical feel.
- Amplify lends an urban edge to the traditional jeans-and-a-tee combo. Its styles for boys and young men embody the spirit of the skate/music lifestyle, including quality graphic tees, fleece hoodies, flannels and slim fit jeans.
- Roebuck & Co. is behind an essential collection of affordable heritage pieces that have a fresh aesthetic. Roebuck and Co. offers timeless polos, flannels, fleece and thermals in both eclectic patterns and classic styles.
- Toughskins for girls is big on feminine details, including pastels, florals, metallics and shearling; for boys, it’s all about rough-and-tumble jackets and joggers, plus fresh takes on the latest denim.
- Everlast, falls under the athleisure/comfort fashion trend, which is growing quickly. The Everlast brand has fun fabrics, attention to details and performance capabilities.
- Dockers uniforms for kids and backpacks for every age group are also available.
Get the look at Sears for back to school apparel, shoes and more! Learn more at Sears.com/backtoschool.
So to help get you started on that back to school shopping, Sears wants to give a lucky STSL reader a $50 gift card to spend on anything you want!
To Enter: Leave a comment on this post sharing a favorite back to school shopping story or an item that you’re in need of this back to school season.
I’ll choose a random winner on Friday, July 24th. Good Luck!