I told you all a couple of days ago about this dirt cake that I made on Easter, and it’s honestly just too good to NOT share!
I was lucky enough to receive a copy of the recipe a couple of weeks ago while attending a birthday party with Lucas. After trying a little serving of this life changing dessert, I absolutely had to get the details.
Okay, I’m being dramatic. It’s not life changing. But it is freaking delicious. And it’s just a little bit different from other dirt cakes I’ve made in the past, which had typically been a mix of crushed Oreos, chocolate pudding and Cool Whip.
But no. This has just a little bit more going on, making it that much richer and creamier.
So here ya go! All the details on The Best Dirt Cake EVER!
The Best Dirt Cake EVER
- 2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 1 8oz block cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 3 cups milk
- 1 12oz container Cool Whip (regular/light)
- 1-1/2 packages Oreo cookies
- Grind cookies using a food processor until crumbly and set aside.
- Mix pudding and milk and let settle in the fridge at least 10 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, butter, and confectioners sugar. Add in pudding mixture and combine until smooth.
- Fold in Cool Whip until everything is combined.
- Layer bottom of trifle dish with a layer of cookie crumbs. Follow with pudding mixture, alternating with cookies until everything is used up. Decorate as desired, serve and enjoy!
*Note: To make it tri-colored, I divided the entire pudding/Cool Whip mixture once everything was combined into 3 equal servings and colored accordingly. That made layering the dish that much easier because I didn’t have to guess on how much pudding to use on each layer.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!