I told you all a couple of days ago about this dirt cake that I made on Easter, and it’s honestly just too good to NOT share!
I was lucky enough to receive a copy of the recipe a couple of weeks ago while attending a birthday party with Lucas. After trying a little serving of this life changing dessert, I absolutely had to get the details.
Okay, I’m being dramatic. It’s not life changing. But it is freaking delicious. And it’s just a little bit different from other dirt cakes I’ve made in the past, which had typically been a mix of crushed Oreos, chocolate pudding and Cool Whip.
But no. This has just a little bit more going on, making it that much richer and creamier.
So here ya go! All the details on The Best Dirt Cake EVER!
Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life
Not yo average dirt cake!
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (8oz) block cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 3 cups milk
- 1 (12oz) container Cool Whip (regular/light)
- 1-1/2 packages Oreo cookies
- Grind cookies using a food processor until crumbly and set aside.
- Mix pudding and milk and let settle in the fridge at least 10 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, butter, and confectioners sugar. Add in pudding mixture and combine until smooth.
- Fold in Cool Whip until everything is combined.
- Layer bottom of trifle dish with a layer of cookie crumbs. Follow with pudding mixture, alternating with cookies until everything is used up. Decorate as desired, serve and enjoy!
*Note: To make it tri-colored, I divided the entire pudding/Cool Whip mixture once everything was combined into 3 equal servings and colored accordingly. That made layering the dish that much easier because I didn’t have to guess on how much pudding to use on each layer.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!