These Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken Burgers have already been deemed a spring/summer staple in this house. The burgers are not only laced with crumbled bacon, but topped with even more of it, along with some delicious melted cheddar and creamy ranch dressing. They’re LOADED with flavor!
If you read my meal plan from last week, then you probably already saw that we didn’t do a whole lot in terms of actually meal planning. But on Wednesday on my way home, I decided to stop at the store for some much-needed ingredients for something, since we really had nothing in the house to cook.
A few days before that, my dear friend Mal had sent me an email to a recipe that inspired this very creation. I had looked at it and thought “oh, now that sounds good!” and saved it for another day. Well, that day happened on Wednesday, and now I’m totally hooked.
Chicken burgers are a real favorite of mine (see below in this post!). They come together SO easy, they cook quickly, they’re always moist and juicy, and they can take on lots of different flavors. With these burgers, I decided to go a bit more heavy on the bacon (pregnancy craving, perhaps) and not only added it on top of the burgers, but also crumbled it up and put it inside the burgers.
Because, why not?
Another reason I love cooking with ground chicken is because it’s also very easy to turn the burgers into meatballs, too…making them totally toddler friendly (like these toddler meatballs), since Lucas still isn’t quite into biting into a big burger just yet.Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken Burgers? Yes, please! #recipe #myffmeal #YUM Click To Tweet
Using a full pound of ground chicken will usually yield four very good-sized burgers (they don’t cook down the same way ground beef does), so feel free to divide them up into 5 burgers, or keep the hearty appetites satisfied by keeping the servings to four.
We opted to make four large ones, and served them alongside some simple side salads.
But regardless of how many you make, the most important thing is that you just make them. Because I’m obsessed.
Sweet Tooth, Sweet Life
Yields 4-5 servings
These chicken burgers are laced with crispy bacon and topped with a melted, delicious cheddar cheese and as much creamy ranch dressing your heart desires!
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 10 slices cooked bacon, 2 slices crumbled
- 1/3 cup grated (or finely chopped) onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 Tablespoon dry Ranch dressing mix (unprepared)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- Optional Toppings: lettuce, tomato, prepared Ranch dressing
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- In a large bowl mix together the chicken, Panko crumbs, bread crumbs, 2 slices crumbled bacon, grated onion, and all seasonings through dry ranch dressing.
- Form chicken mixture into 4 patties (or 5, if you prefer them a bit smaller).
- Grill/broil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until internal temp reaches 160 degrees.
- For the last minute of cooking place a slice of cheddar cheese on each burger to melt and remove from grill.
- Layer each bun with lettuce, tomato, chicken burger, 2 slices cooked bacon, and top with additional ranch dressing or whatever else you'd like!
**Slightly adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything’s recipe.
Looking for some more chicken burger recipes?